mixed messages

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Finna
Club Player

mixed messages

I had concerns last week before the Essendon game when we brought in the 8 players who were out from the Hawthorn match. It has been maintained all year that players will be picked on form and reputations would matter not. This decision seemed at the time to go against this philosophy.

Ok, so some of the players who came back in were in good form before they were outed but was it really the 'right' decision to bring all 8 back in and drop the 8 that we dropped.

How would players such as McEvoy and Amitage have felt after their performances in the hawthorn game and then being dropped?

I just wonder what message this massive amounts of 'ins' sent to the group after such a phenomenal win over Hawthorn. Could the 'ins' have become a little complacent assuming that there spots were pretty certain and the 'outs' frustrated after such a brilliant performance.

Yes we had to bring back some but all 8 at once......

It has been maintained that every spot is up for grabs and that if you miss (for any reason) then you may not get back in....And this has been the case for 'some' players.

What are your thoughts?

Also, after the last two weeks I am not 'sold' on the resting payers idea. look what happened to the cats and now us....