Deja Vu

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Deja Vu

I've got a horrible sense of Deja Vu.
After a substantial unbeaten streak, we rest guys (I'm thinking going to the movies) and the wheels fall off.
I'm not predicting doom and gloom, am just very uncomfortable with the last two weeks. It's one thing to lose, it's how we've lost, and it doesn't inspire confidence.
Hope like hell we get back on our game and this is all to do with tapering and a bigger picture plan.

I'm sure that Lyon and the football management team will be planning for the finals. I remember Ross saying a few weeks ago that their goal was to tie up top spot and then they could start thinking about finals. Hopefully that's what this is all about and they know exactly what they're doing.
Last edited by st.byron on Sun 23 Aug 2009 7:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

roo_477
Club Player

Yeh i tend to agree with all that. I think we may be gone now, the likes of Bulldogs, Carlton and Collingwood have now caught up to us. Looks like we will be playing Bulldogs the first week and if we lose that, we will take on the Blues probably.

Hopefully we can turn around this form slump though, i think we should be able to knock off Melbourne next week and come into the finals with some winning form. Go Sainters!!

Sainterman
Club Player

Re: Deja Vu

st.byron wrote:I've got a horrible sense of Deja Vu.
After a substantial unbeaten streak, we rest guys (I'm thinking going to the movies) and the wheels fall off.
I'm not predicting doom and gloom, am just very uncomfortable with the last two weeks. It's one thing to lose, it's how we've lost, and it doesn't inspire confidence.
Hope like hell we get back on our game and this is all to do with tapering and a bigger picture plan.

I'm sure that Lyon and the football management team will be planning for the finals. I remember Ross saying a few weeks that their goal was to tie up top spot and then they could start thinking about finals. Hopefully that's what this is all about and they know exactly what they're doing.
I hope you are right, because the last couple have certainly made us look very ordinary. A lack of intensity is most disturbing. Tapering may be the reason why we look as we do, but our skills have been ordinary too. Missed kicks and missed handballs have been very costly indeed!

I am pretty down on todays loss, was as bad a game as I have seen in a long, long time. From our intensity through to awful umpiring, it was all in all a very frustrating day at the footy.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
I hope you are right, because the last couple have certainly made us look very ordinary. A lack of intensity is most disturbing. Tapering may be the reason why we look as we do, but our skills have been ordinary too. Missed kicks and missed handballs have been very costly indeed!

I am pretty down on todays loss, was as bad a game as I have seen in a long, long time. From our intensity through to awful umpiring, it was all in all a very frustrating day at the footy.

It leaves me feeling disturbed and exposes just how much hope I've been keeping the lid on that this may finally be our year.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote: our skills have been ordinary too. Missed kicks and missed handballs have been very costly indeed.
that swirling wind was a big factor today. the kangaroos certainly adjusted to it better than us.

starsign
Club Player

[quote="st.byron
I'm sure that Lyon and the football management team will be planning for the finals. I remember Ross saying a few weeks ago that their goal was to tie up top spot and then they could start thinking about finals. Hopefully that's what this is all about and they know exactly what they're doing.[/quote]

then they could start thinking about finals.
that's exactly what I recon is formost in their minds at present and they are in two minds when they get out there now!

R20, 21 & 22 ! more troubles than what they are worth... which is zilch!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:[quote="st.byron
I'm sure that Lyon and the football management team will be planning for the finals. I remember Ross saying a few weeks ago that their goal was to tie up top spot and then they could start thinking about finals. Hopefully that's what this is all about and they know exactly what they're doing.
then they could start thinking about finals.
that's exactly what I recon is formost in their minds at present and they are in two minds when they get out there now!

R20, 21 & 22 ! more troubles than what they are worth... which is zilch![/quote]

Hope you're right Starsign. At least we came through unscathed injury wise.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I agree, now is not the time of year to be playing this way.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Hope you enjoyed those 19 weeks

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Hope you enjoyed those 19 weeks
Sure did. Every one of 'em.
I"ve supported the Saints for long enough to have seen plenty of false promises Clarky.
Not saying that this is one of those, but I don't like being made to look second rate two weeks in a row by teams not even in the eight. It's not brilliant form to take into big finals.
Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that it's just a blip.

felixleo
Club Player

Haven't I read this before?

Are you gonna be the one?
BaysideSaint
Club Player

you live in freo byron .. nufsaid!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:you live in freo byron .. nufsaid!
whaddya mean? That living in Freo makes me a nuffie?? :lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Just as winning 22 games going into the finals would have meant nothing once in the finals, losing a couple before the finals should mean nothing either.

As long as we get it together before the QF.

The last two weeks are a major concern though. Those who don't think so are lying to themselves.

As it stands, we're not going to hit the finals in red-hot form as we would have liked. Now we're going to have to find form in the finals.