Next two games. Anything to gain??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:no more goose. :shock: :oops:

is it possible that round 22 is just a training run?
is round 21 against NMFC just an excuse to get everyone fit?
Round 22 is vital for us as it is our only game at the G before the finals. We have to get our structures right with the likely team that will play the first final baring injury.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Round 22 is vital for us as it is our only game at the G before the finals. We have to get our structures right with the likely team that will play the first final baring injury.
i agree, the structure at the G is slightly different.
the off-field structure at the G is important aswell.

CORDZ
Club Player

Re: re-luke ball

nobhead wrote:
Moods wrote:I agree that some players will be playing at a million miles an hour these next two weeks. I could understand that if blokes like Rooey, Kosi, and Lenny have quieter weeks though. It's these 3 guys that I can see exploding in the finals and will be the most crucial as to whether we hold the cup up come Sept 26th.
just on bally he seems to me to be always the bloke feeding it out to the likes of lenny, dal and joey .always amazes when you see the stats at the end of a game and he's had 25 possies . i reckon he is a finals type player .unfornatuly we are not inside the club so it's hard to make an informed decsion on what is going on with him .
As for Bally - its one thing to be in and under but if that costs turning the ball over every time he kicks it he nullifies his own effect. How any afl player cant pop one through from 25m on the run is beyond me. The clubs gotta set some non negotiables - gotta tackle and gotta be able to kick. ballys only got 50%.

"That's ahh...quite a stutter you've got there, Ken!"
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Firstly Goose has done his hammy and is out for the rest of the year so he has probably played his last game at the club...
why? where does he go and how does he go there? i seriously doubt he'll be delisted because there's more upside in hanging on to him. so it would have to be a trade. who's going to trade for a mid-age player who's shown nothing in two years? at best we'd get a third round pick and it would be stupid to take that. second round pick + player i'd take, but i just can't see it happening.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Firstly Goose has done his hammy and is out for the rest of the year so he has probably played his last game at the club...
why? where does he go and how does he go there? i seriously doubt he'll be delisted because there's more upside in hanging on to him. so it would have to be a trade. who's going to trade for a mid-age player who's shown nothing in two years? at best we'd get a third round pick and it would be stupid to take that. second round pick + player i'd take, but i just can't see it happening.
Have you actually thought he may want to go and we arent going to stand in his way as he is a seconds player for us. High second round or third round is all we will get for him.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

If Goose was let go and Max retired as expected, who would be our back up next year, if heaven forbid Zac went down with an injury? Or Zac and Blake?
Hawthorn let Zac go last year, and look how that's worked out for them. They've been sadly lacking "talls" in the backline this year. If they still had Zac they may be still in the 8. I doubt we'll want to just let Goose go for very little in return, unless we have someone else to step straight in to full back or CHB, should the need arise.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Gurgman
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If Goose was let go and Max retired as expected, who would be our back up next year, if heaven forbid Zac went down with an injury? Or Zac and Blake?
Hawthorn let Zac go last year, and look how that's worked out for them. They've been sadly lacking "talls" in the backline this year. If they still had Zac they may be still in the 8. I doubt we'll want to just let Goose go for very little in return, unless we have someone else to step straight in to full back or CHB, should the need arise.
What if Roo or kozi or Lenny is out , do you want to have a backup for all of them ? Its not possible , Just let the goose go free .

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If Goose was let go and Max retired as expected, who would be our back up next year, if heaven forbid Zac went down with an injury? Or Zac and Blake?
If he wants to go he will be let go. It is that simple. We are certainly not lacking talls in our backline. Matter of fact Goose hasnt even got a game and Max was dropped because we are to tall.

Gurgman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
If he wants to go he will be let go. It is that simple. We are certainly not lacking talls in our backline. Matter of fact Goose hasnt even got a game and Max was dropped because we are to tall.
Thanks Plugger , im glad im not the only one who thinks we are too tall and slow down back ,

ace
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:i think round 22 is a chance to play goose.
if he doesn't get a game in round 22 his papers are stamped at St Kilda.
Need to select him in the 22 even if he sits on the pine all day.

Those Goslings, when they are born, are going to make great father-son picks.
But he needs that elusive game No 100 to make it happen.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA