We're playing the bulldogs in the qualifying

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

devil saint
Club Player

We're playing the bulldogs in the qualifying

Would have to take a huge Bullldog loss against the pies and a two massive blues or crows wins for it to be anything else.

Although the blues are playing melbourne!

Then the blues and crows have to fight it out in round 22.

It looks like it will be the dogs.

Can't wait!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: We're playing the bulldogs in the qualifying

devil saint wrote:Would have to take a huge Bullldog loss against the pies and a two massive blues or crows wins for it to be anything else.

Although the blues are playing melbourne!

Then the blues and crows have to fight it out in round 22.

It looks like it will be the dogs.

Can't wait!!!
If the pies win by about 30 points tomorrow than a 10 win by the Dogs over the pies in the last round will mean a pies first final so by no means certain we are playing the dogs.

Badlands
Club Player

Re: We're playing the bulldogs in the qualifying

devil saint wrote:Would have to take a huge Bullldog loss against the pies and a two massive blues or crows wins for it to be anything else.
Hang on what if bulldogs beat pies comfortably next week, overtaking them on percentage?
Or if pies lose this weekend?

Both those are far more likely than the scenario you've alluded to in the op.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
ace
Saintsational Legend

NOT SO

The Puppies are now on 56 points with one game against the Filth to go.
The Filth are already on 56 and have a home game against Sydney before they play the Puppies.
The Filth have only a marginally better percentage.

If the Puppies lose to the Filth, the Puppies finish 4th on 56 points, and the Filth 3rd on 60 or 64 points.
But if the Filth lose to both Sydney and the Puppies or just lose to the Puppies by a bigger margin than they defeat Sydney, the Filth end up 4th on 56 or 60 points.
The Puppies would finish on 60 points with a better percentage.

The Scum can theoretically finish on 56 points but are about 25 goals behind both the Puppies and the Filth.

1 St Kilda
2 Pussies
3 & 4 Filth & Puppies to be decided next week.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintluke
Club Player

I would like to say all things probable it will be the dogs, but with the logic put forth here, and the fact that we managed to finish 4th last year... let's wait and see. Although I'm 99.5% confident it will be the dogs :wink:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Was kind of hoping a week ago we'd get Brisbane or Adelaide,but nope,a ressurgent dogs it looks to be.

With Cross and Griffen to come back in,they've found form at the right time again. They were saying 4 weeks ago they were very confident they'd touch us up on the G...guess we're going to find out...

Will be barracking for an injury fest next sunday night between the pies and Dogs.

P.S- Chapman done his hammy again :wink:

Bring back the Lockett era
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote: they were very confident they'd touch us up on the G...guess we're going to find out...:

So has just about been every team we have played against since the halfway mark of the season no matter where we played them.

Young Georgie
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Was kind of hoping a week ago we'd get Brisbane or Adelaide,but nope,a ressurgent dogs it looks to be.

With Cross and Griffen to come back in,they've found form at the right time again. They were saying 4 weeks ago they were very confident they'd touch us up on the G...guess we're going to find out...

Will be barracking for an injury fest next sunday night between the pies and Dogs.

P.S- Chapman done his hammy again :wink:
Bring it on :twisted: The Bullies were resurgent and beating all comers when they came up against the Saints in Rd 17 and we pumped them by over 40 points. And we've got Bally and Max to come back in :wink:

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm, this season is still throwing up the unexpected! The likes of Cooney and Eagleton are certainly hitting some form at the right end of the season. Geelong proved they are lacking fire power, given that Mooney and Hawkins actually had a decent return tonight.

Don't make the call on the four just yet, it's probably going to be the least likely scenario :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Personally, I'd prefer that we'd play the Filth in the first of the finals. Don't like the idea of cancelling out the Bulldogs. Would prefer to send the Filth crashing down to earth with one almighty thud! But heck, we can't be too picky. Winning the flag is really the only agenda from here on now.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
markp
Saintsational Legend

I just hope the dogs and the filth belt the cr@p out of each other next week :twisted:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Just looked at the ladder...didn't realise the Dogs and Filth were so close with %.

The good thing is,there game next week has a prize attached to it. Win and you play a sinking Geelong without Chapman week one. The possibilty of a massive physical encounter is good news for the saints who will play the loser who are hopefully coming up sore

Bring back the Lockett era
saintDal
Club Player

Just did a ladder predictor and if Hawthorn beat Richmond and Essendon lose to do the Dockers then their rd 22 game will be basically an elimination final with the winner getting 8th. This is assuming Port lose to the Lions.

With the Dons coming off a Subi trip you would think the Hawks have a real chance to grab 8th spot with just 10 wins :shock:

devil saint
Club Player

Yeah sorry - you're right. I went too early on that one. But it still is the most likely scenario, I think, with the filth in such good form.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

ace wrote:NOT SO

The Puppies are now on 56 points with one game against the Filth to go.
The Filth are already on 56 and have a home game against Sydney before they play the Puppies.
The Filth have only a marginally better percentage.

If the Puppies lose to the Filth, the Puppies finish 4th on 56 points, and the Filth 3rd on 60 or 64 points.
But if the Filth lose to both Sydney and the Puppies or just lose to the Puppies by a bigger margin than they defeat Sydney, the Filth end up 4th on 56 or 60 points.
The Puppies would finish on 60 points with a better percentage.

The Scum can theoretically finish on 56 points but are about 25 goals behind both the Puppies and the Filth.

1 St Kilda
2 Pussies
3 & 4 Filth & Puppies to be decided next week.
Haha you have to love this forum. Someone can mention filth and scum and yet we all know exactly know we are talking about! Go saints!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
BaysideSaint
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Just looked at the ladder...didn't realise the Dogs and Filth were so close with %.

The good thing is,there game next week has a prize attached to it. Win and you play a sinking Geelong without Chapman week one. The possibilty of a massive physical encounter is good news for the saints who will play the loser who are hopefully coming up sore
this

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I'd say the G might fill up for this one.....

All the dogs fans hoping.....

All the St Kilda fans knowing what's about to happen.....

:wink:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

[quote="The Saintsational Man"]I'd say the G might fill up for this one.../quote]

Would be nice, but history tells us about 70,000 max.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

We're gonna have to give a little thanks to The Doggies if we go all the way this season.

They're belting our main Finals rivals for us.

They touched up The Cats last night in a tough encounter.
They'll have it even tougher against the 'Pies next week. I hope they belt eachother.
They have two bruising matches before they(or the 'Pies) have to face us in a qualifying final.

The Saints should be the freshest, fittest, and best prepared of the Top 4 Teams in the 1st week of Finals.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
super dooper
Club Player

At the end of the day, to win the flag we got to beat all the teams in the top 4 baring an upset from finishes 5-8, so when or where doesnt matter, as long as we win!!!

Whoever we get drawn against - we have to fancy our chances given our season form.

I just hope everything clicks during September!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Bring them on..comfortable playing either the Dogs or the pies especially during the day [think they are both more dangerous under lights for some strange reason ]

A first up win and straight to the prelim with the week off will be critical :shock:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

BakesFan wrote:We're gonna have to give a little thanks to The Doggies if we go all the way this season.

They're belting our main Finals rivals for us.

They touched up The Cats last night in a tough encounter.
They'll have it even tougher against the 'Pies next week. I hope they belt eachother.
They have two bruising matches before they(or the 'Pies) have to face us in a qualifying final.

The Saints should be the freshest, fittest, and best prepared of the Top 4 Teams in the 1st week of Finals.
OR they could both be beautifully primed after two really tough hit outs, while we have two of the softest games imaginable. Lets hope not. Its really a 50/50 though as to which way it will fall.

GRAMophone
Club Player

Isn't there a chance we would play the dogs at Etihad tho??

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

gramophone***111 wrote:Isn't there a chance we would play the dogs at Etihad tho??
would hope not. smacks of small time finals match

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
ace
Saintsational Legend

After their round 21 matches.

-------------Points---For---Against
Puppies......56......2278....1864
Scum..........52......2166....1879
Adelaide.....52......1928....1685

Puppies are a game and 21 goals clear of the Scum.
The Scum or Adelaide can only catch the Puppies if the Puppies lose to the Filth and either the Scum or Adelaide win.
Then the Scum or Adelaide would need over a 21 goal turn around in the final round.
e.g. Puppies lose by 11 goals and Adelaide or Scum win by 11 goals.
The Scum plays Adelaide at Docklands next week on Saturday so they wont know the result of the Puppes v Filth on Sunday.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA