Training report-19th August

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Training report-19th August

Max, Schneider and Kosi didn't train. Lenny did some drills but not all.

It was a windy day so goal kicking wasn't great. Infact I didn't think they were that sharp.

They did the drill when player covered zones and wore a fluoro green vest while the main squad took the ball from full back fo full forward. 3 times out of 5 they turned the ball over. The first time Raph kicked it straight to vested player. The second time Dal did the same. The third time the ball was kicked to Mcq, I think, and he let the ball bounce but the vested player got the ball. They did a fair bit of of goal kicking practice but not in this drill.

There were lots of people there because the Kickstart Indigenous players were there with Cathy Freeman and Ernie Dingo. Xavier Clarke was in his civvys and liaising with the Kickstart people.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Thu 20 Aug 2009 3:29am, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Nice work.

Was sitting right behind the bench on the weekend which is a rarity and took the opportunity to really notice the interchanging.....

Lenny came off, then went into the rooms right after being collected by Ryder after he disposed of the ball during the first quarter.....

Seemed to have some sort of forearm complaint.....Returned with strapping.

May or may not be related.

The Ryder incident was a dog act, hit after disposing of the ball. Did it get noticed by others because after just watching the first half of the replay nothing was said.....

starsign
Club Player

according to the sun....
Justin Koschitzke, Max Hudghton, Lenny Hayes, Michael Gardiner, Steven King, Adam Schneider and Farren Ray were confined to running laps and a few gentle handball drills.

Defender Steven Baker was absent, but Clinton Jones and Andrew McQualter trained strongly with the main group to show they were ready to return.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

did the Sun reporter leave when the SEN reporter did-
he reported that ball was just walking laps
someone who was at training rang and said he had passed the reporter on the way out and that when he was there Ball was running.. timing .........

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

The Ryder incident was a dog act, hit after disposing of the ball. Did it get noticed by others because after just watching the first half of the replay nothing was said.....
On top of his other class act of shoving Max backwards over the boundary fence behind the goals....

I guess karma really does exist!

BaysideSaint
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:did the Sun reporter leave when the SEN reporter did-
someone who was at training rang and said he had passed the reporter on the way out and that when he was there Ball was running.. timing .........
The SEN report was inaccurate and it was me who called-in.
After arriving at the same time as Tony Shebecki (sp?) approx. 1pm Tony spent twenty minutes getting his kit together and at the same time Luke Ball was jogging laps, alone and in a similar way to the great Robert Harvey. Luke Ball looked good. Absolutely the best nick I have seen him run in, in a good time. looked awesome in fact.
Training started when Luke Ball finished running.
Innacurate reporting from SEN and Tony.
Like I say, he did laps alone prior to training and looked very very good.

kp83
Club Player

BaysideSaint wrote:
After arriving at the same time as Tony Shebecki (sp?) approx. 1pm Tony spent twenty minutes getting his kit together and at the same time Luke Ball was jogging laps, alone and in a similar way to the great Robert Harvey. Luke Ball looked good. Absolutely the best nick I have seen him run in, in a good time. looked awesome in fact.
If only looking good while running translated into winning! I dare say he needs to do more of it during games with the pill in his hands to get back into the side come September.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

kp83 wrote:
BaysideSaint wrote:
If only looking good while running translated into winning! I dare say he needs to do more of it during games with the pill in his hands to get back into the side come September.
it's not about his numbers. it's about his position. if you like everyone else want to bury your head in the sand on luke ball then you're more than welcome to. the facts are that he is extremely good condition. finals are about
condition.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:
kp83 wrote:
BaysideSaint wrote:
it's not about his numbers. it's about his position. if you like everyone else want to bury your head in the sand on luke ball then you're more than welcome to. the facts are that he is extremely good condition. finals are about
condition.
Is it about his position or his failure to spread, run and carry?

Id habe thought they want a little more "offensive" Ball from Ball....

“Yeah….nah””
ace
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:
kp83 wrote:
BaysideSaint wrote:
condition.
Forget about his condition he needs to run, jump and kick.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
kp83
Club Player

BaysideSaint wrote:
kp83 wrote:
BaysideSaint wrote:
condition.
You obviously didn't get what I was saying. You saw him running laps of an oval - that sort of running is irrelevant in a game. He needs to be able to sprint to a contest, then when the ball is won, sprint out again to "spread". He obviously struggles with this and it doesn't matter how much "condition" you have when running laps. I love Bally and think he is crucial to our contested ball ability, but I don't think he warrants a place in the team because he looks good running laps.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

thats fair enough kp83 and others.
i'm just saying that he looks really good.
earlier in the year he was managing his OP but his gate looks awesome now.
when you look at "balance" you're not just looking at "your" team, you're looking at your opposition.
okay, so maybe he doesn't have the explosive offensive pace he used to.
he does have one thing though and that is intelligence. he is an intelligent footballer who can perform shutdowns and utility rolls off the bench.
luke ball is a superstar and i for one cant believe all the criticism that is being levelled at him.

aussiejones
Club Player

"luke ball is a superstar and i for one cant believe all the criticism that is being levelled at him."

Agree , Ross is trying to make him something he seems unable to do now , however is there not a role for him in the in and under situations and he can get the ball out to an outside receiver type like Gram

BaysideSaint
Club Player

bally is special.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:thats fair enough kp83 and others.
i'm just saying that he looks really good.
earlier in the year he was managing his OP but his gate looks awesome now.
when you look at "balance" you're not just looking at "your" team, you're looking at your opposition.
okay, so maybe he doesn't have the explosive offensive pace he used to.
he does have one thing though and that is intelligence. he is an intelligent footballer who can perform shutdowns and utility rolls off the bench.
luke ball is a superstar and i for one cant believe all the criticism that is being levelled at him.

Luke Ball is far from a superstar. At the moment he is an average player who is needed by us in the finals but he isnt anywhere near being a superstar.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

he's special.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball is Saint. As such, I hope he's busting a gut to be the best he can be, I hope the training staff are doing the same, and I hope everyone who wears/lives/breaths red, white and black respects all concerned for the effort they are putting in. We're three wins from everything that matters. Nothing else needs to be said about the matter. If you think otherwise, keep it to yourself.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
BaysideSaint
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Luke Ball is Saint. As such, I hope he's busting a gut to be the best he can be, I hope the training staff are doing the same, and I hope everyone who wears/lives/breaths red, white and black respects all concerned for the effort they are putting in. We're three wins from everything that matters. Nothing else needs to be said about the matter. If you think otherwise, keep it to yourself.
:lol: cop that! :arrow: :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:he's special.
Is that you Bruce?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 1:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

asiu

in the end , the machines will win

bloody things
u can only :)

i was part of a team that went extremely hard at a 'certain machine' night before last

some people dont make happy losers