September saint- G/F access - maybe

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

September saint- G/F access - maybe

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx
................, we have been working closely with the AFL to develop a secondary offer to St Kilda members if our 11,500 social club members do not all take up their entitlement if we qualify for the Grand Final.

registration of interest in the link...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
gindy
Club Player

nice little earner for the club of around $500k is the numbers are right.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

refunded if you don't get the ballot, worth a shot

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

An extra $300k if there is 20% of tickets left and they are taken up this way. Pretty expensive not sure they will all go that way.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:An extra $300k if there is 20% of tickets left and they are taken up this way. Pretty expensive not sure they will all go that way.

how many members will apply? out of 15,000 that aren't social club members for 2,000 tickets? I would be surprised if they didn't go this way. But I hope they don't so I get a ticket.

Any other way to get a GF is a lot more expensive than $125.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Thu 20 Aug 2009 7:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus1232
Club Player

I will be getting one come payday :)

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

ausfatcat wrote:
Any other way to get a GF is a lot more expensive than $125.
You still have to pay for the ticket.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

actually after thinking about it, it doesn't sound that good.

$125 then plus the granny ticket, ($161) = OK for me but $125 even if we don't make the granny = not so good value.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Thu 20 Aug 2009 7:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunday Red
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:actually after thinking about it, it doesn't sound that good.

$125 then plus the granny ticket, = OK for me but $125 even if we don't make the granny = not so good value.
You get a refund if you're unsuccessful in the ballot....

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Yep you get refund if unsuccess in the ballot but do we get a refund if successful in the ballot and the saints not make the Grandfinal???

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Yes you get a refund if we don't make the GF.

http://www.saints.com.au/Portals/0/sain ... 180809.pdf

Furtius Quo Rdelious
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Nah nah it's a crap deal no-one put their names down.

Worth a try I am sending mine tomorrow.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Yep you get refund if unsuccess in the ballot but do we get a refund if successful in the ballot and the saints not make the Grandfinal???
There is no ballot unless we are in the GF.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintDebi
Club Player

This is a money spinner, nothing more.
Yes, I know you get your money back if unsuccessful, but if there are "spare" tickets members should have access to them via a ballot regardless. We should not have to pay for the privilege of something our memberships should give us access to anyway. Social club should have first shot, then members. In fact I'm sure this is how its worked in the past because I know I have paid to pre register in the past and I have never been a SC member.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:This is a money spinner, nothing more.
Yes, I know you get your money back if unsuccessful, but if there are "spare" tickets members should have access to them via a ballot regardless. We should not have to pay for the privilege of something our memberships should give us access to anyway. Social club should have first shot, then members. In fact I'm sure this is how its worked in the past because I know I have paid to pre register in the past and I have never been a SC member.
I read it this way: this is for members after social club have confirmed.
IF all tickets NOT taken then those who register get the option
the only way there will be tickets is if Social club members DO NOT take them for what ever reason.
the same will hold true for other members- Not everyone would be able to attend anyway- or could afford to

Surely as there will be a limited time frame it is better to get them to SAINTERS who have said they CAN and would attend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
SaintDebi
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
the only way there will be tickets is if Social club members DO NOT take them for what ever reason.
the same will hold true for other members- Not everyone would be able to attend anyway- or could afford to

Surely as there will be a limited time frame it is better to get them to SAINTERS who have said they CAN and would attend
Absolutely, thats how I read it too.
But the point I am making is that any allocation not taken up by SC could be allotted in the same way as already proposed but without them charging for the privilege of doing so.
Simply, SC get the opportunity to purchase their tickets or not, then members should be able to register their interest if they would like to, because they ARE members. Without having to pay to do it.
Am I wrong in my recollection that this has been done in the past? I am sure I paid something like $20 non refundable one year towards the end of finals for the chance to have access to tickets after SC allocation in case we made it, then I think it was actually cheaper the following year, perhaps $10.
Thats how I remember it, but I could be mistaken. Do you know if that's right SaintBrat? I'm sure your knowledge is more reliable than my memory? :)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote: [
But the point I am making is that any allocation not taken up by SC could be allotted in the same way as already proposed but without them charging for the privilege of doing so.
Simply, SC get the opportunity to purchase their tickets or not, then members should be able to register their interest if they would like to, because they ARE members. Without having to pay to do it.
Am I wrong in my recollection that this has been done in the past? I am sure I paid something like $20 non refundable one year towards the end of finals for the chance to have access to tickets after SC allocation in case we made it, then I think it was actually cheaper the following year, perhaps $10.
Thats how I remember it, but I could be mistaken. Do you know if that's right SaintBrat? I'm sure your knowledge is more reliable than my memory? :)
I wasn't social club then But to my limited knowledge it's only the last two years that the saints have endeavoured to streamline -may be the word- the selection of members who get G/F tickets by aligning them with Social club and then capping social club to the level of tickets available.

the year before that social club- from non involved memory- could register with the $10 or was it the year before that again- 2005
I remember friends registering, but as I wasn't social club I was then holding out for the left overs. but didn't particularly take note of the process.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

honestly if we made the granny and I had to pay $125 plus $161 for the ticket I would be estactic.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I think we should lock and delete this thread. The less people that know about it the better chance I have :wink:

Bring back the Lockett era
oneteam
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

Deb, I thiink that this system means that the 11500 GF tickets, which the club HAS ALWAYS SAID WILL GO TO SC MEMBERS, will still go to SC members.

There is a waiting list for SC members, because the club said it could not take any more than 11500. They imposed that limit to guarantee each SC member a GF ticket if we make it.

Their system allows more SC members to join and be guaranteed a GF ticket.

Say as an example, only 9500 of the 11500 SC members buy a ticket, and so there are 2000 left over. The next group of people wanting to be SC members will get them .

If there were over 2000 in the group who buy a provisional SC m'ship, there will be a ballot.

But if if there were less than 2000 in the group who buy a provisional SC m'ship, there remainder would presumably be ballotted to the ordinary members.

in the end , it is still just giving social club members a GF tciket first.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

I'm putting my hand up to say my ticket will be available, so there's 1.

I will be using my AFL membership for a ticket (as it's below half the price of a regular ticket) so if anyone is successful, remember to meet me there and buy me a drink :wink: :lol:

They walk amongst us...

asiu

honestly if we made the granny and I had to pay $125 plus $161 for the ticket I would be estactic.
as you would be ....us social clubbers are paying the 125 every year