Enough is enough

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

One thing is true.

We have some passionate supporters and I think ultimately we all want the ultimate prize.

Our reasons may be different and our journeys may be different but if that siren goes on the 26th September and we are out there with a higher score than the opposition, I reckon we'll forget all of the bad times and hug anyone with the Saints colours.

I know I will.

And if we don't win the flag, we can just add another devastating experience on our 2010 posts.

I hope we don't go there :?

Behind Play
Club Player

I really don't understand why we are so hated......what have we done to deserve this.

As for our loss, certain it was a big week on the park at training. Too many players down.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:I really don't understand why we are so hated......what have we done to deserve this.

As for our loss, certain it was a big week on the park at training. Too many players down.
What we have done is win

Why do we care what the they thin, I would rather they hate us than be all luvy duvy if we were crap

I love this club
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Enough is enough!

Has anyone listened to Leonard Cohen's "First we take Manhattan" ? There's a wonderful line in that tune that sums up for me, the feelings of opposition fans toward the Saints:

"Ohh, you loved me as a loser, but now you're worried that I might just win. And you know the way to stop me, but you don't have the discipline"

As others have said, I really don't give a "blights toss bag" about how others perceive us. My concern is MY club!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

aussiejones wrote:Obviously other clubs supporters are one eyed about their own team/s. Its like a religion ...like the way we hate Collingwood , Carlton etc.

They just cannot stand the fact that the Saints look like going all the way this year.

We have all heard the jelousy driven criticism of our number one picks .
This then comes across when for example Roo misses his shot. Possibly the old crying pics of Roo will come out again on the Footy Show this week.

In the next few weeks I expect the hatred of the saints to kick up a few notches as the inevitable GF appearance gets nearer.

Just as well Ross Lyon has it all under control.

I for one think Riewolt did us a favour by missing as we should learn more from the loss than we would have from a win.

Possibly IMO Lyon failed ( on purpose) to put a tag on Watson ?

Lyon seemed bemused that we had lost after the game.
Bemused? I thought he looked a fairly even spread of irritated and non-plussed.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
sainterjo
Club Player

Practice your enough-is-enoughs, right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ02sBShAWE

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
marksnsparks
Club Player

It's strange, but my experience of other suppoerters is entirely consistant withtall poppy syndrome. Most fans of other clubs I know see St Kilda as a wooden spoon hoarding basket case and if their team doesn't win, they want the Saints to break their drought because they "deserve a break"/"need it".

Lets face it, to the neutral, what are the alternatives?

Geelong=tall poppy therefore hated
Maggies=universally hated scum of the earth
Crows/Dogs=No chance anyway so irrelevant.