Etihad for a finals?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

No1_Saint
Club Player

Etihad for a finals?

Check the bottom of the article. It mentions if the current eight stays stagnant for the finals then the Saints vs. Doggies game is most likely to played at Etihad.

WTF?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/no ... 29774.html[/url]

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

There will only be a final at Etihad if there have to be two finals in Melbourne on a Saturday. St Kilda will play on the Sunday at the 'G.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
StSteven
Club Player

Geez, they get a home final and we don't get G experience.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

So we would plat the dogs at the G,I think thats in our favour

I love this club
oneteam
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:There will only be a final at Etihad if there have to be two finals in Melbourne on a Saturday. St Kilda will play on the Sunday at the 'G.
Etihad has the right to a final under their contract.

They waived it last year.

If they want a final , they get one. It can be in any round , but if there are 3 melbourne games in round 1, it is likely that etihad will used by the afl that round, rather than the afl give etihad a semi or a prelim.

We would play 4th if it is the dogs, on the sunday at etihad. Fri night and sat at the G, and likely one interstate game in adelaide or brisbane on sat arvo or sat night.

starsign
Club Player

oneteam wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:There will only be a final at Etihad if there have to be two finals in Melbourne on a Saturday. St Kilda will play on the Sunday at the 'G.

If they want a final , they get one. It can be in any round , but if there are 3 melbourne games in round 1, it is likely that etihad will used by the afl that round, rather than the afl give etihad a semi or a prelim.

We would play 4th if it is the dogs, on the sunday at etihad. Fri night and sat at the G, and likely one interstate game in adelaide or brisbane on sat arvo or sat night.
not sure I like the sound of that!

oneteam
Club Player

starsign wrote:
oneteam wrote:

not sure I like the sound of that!
I agree. we need finals at the G!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We arent going to play at Etihad in the finals and i am not sure they have any rights to a finals unless there are 4 finals in Melbourne and in that case the Sunday game must be at the G.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:We arent going to play at Etihad in the finals and i am not sure they have any rights to a finals unless there are 4 finals in Melbourne and in that case the Sunday game must be at the G.
Wrong, Etihad have in their contract the right to 1 final per year, they also have the right to waiver that IF the AFL agree to schedule more h&A games at the ground the following year (like they did last year).

If there are 3 finals in Melb in the first week this year, one of them will be at Etihad.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We arent going to play at Etihad in the finals and i am not sure they have any rights to a finals unless there are 4 finals in Melbourne and in that case the Sunday game must be at the G.
Wrong, Etihad have in their contract the right to 1 final per year, they also have the right to waiver that IF the AFL agree to schedule more h&A games at the ground the following year (like they did last year).

If there are 3 finals in Melb in the first week this year, one of them will be at Etihad.

How long has that been in the contract because there has been only about 2 finals there in 10 years. I would doubt it very much that it is in the contract especially since they have a contract with the G about finals played there and of course there are interstate finals as well.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

How long has that been in the contract because there has been only about 2 finals there in 10 years. I would doubt it very much that it is in the contract especially since they have a contract with the G about finals played there and of course there are interstate finals as well.
Its in the AFL User agreement. Collo has always agreed to waive the right in order to get more games scheduled the following year.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

It makes sense to me that should there be two finals played in Melbourne on the Saturday, one would have to be at Etihad.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Its in the AFL User agreement. Collo has always agreed to waive the right in order to get more games scheduled the following year.
Didnt they get the exact amount of games they are entilted to this year and as for Collo waivering the right i would doubt that the way things are with the AFL. The only way I beleive there will be a game at Etihad this year is if they need to play 2 on Saturday in Melbourne otherwise I would think they will all be a the G. Anyway it doesnt matter as we will be a at the G on Sunday you would think. If you have a copy of the AFL user agreement just post it here so you will be proven correct.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Didnt they get the exact amount of games they are entilted to this year and as for Collo waivering the right i would doubt that the way things are with the AFL. The only way I beleive there will be a game at Etihad this year is if they need to play 2 on Saturday in Melbourne otherwise I would think they will all be a the G. Anyway it doesnt matter as we will be a at the G on Sunday you would think. If you have a copy of the AFL user agreement just post it here so you will be proven correct.
No, they are entitled to 42 games a year and 44 if they waive the right to a final, they got 44 this year.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

No, they are entitled to 42 games a year and 44 if they waive the right to a final, they got 44 this year.
thats how I read it

either they get one final or two extra games the next season. So it does look like that if they want us on sunday it will be at the dome

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:

Got the user agreement?

reincarnated

BringBackMadDog wrote:

Wrong, bugger all finals have been played there so you are wrong

Wrong

We get the sunday game for finishing first just like every other year

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong