Help, stupid people are talking to me!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Help, stupid people are talking to me!

Most of us Sainters are in 7th Heaven right now (yes, even after the loss!)

What continues to both entertain and surprise me is what opposition supporters continue to say about our beloved Sainters.

When the season started, I got a few comments that we were pretenders, we haven't played and Vic teams yet, thus haven't really beaten anyone. Can't blame them for that, I guess!

A few rounds later, the attitude was we look good now, but in a few weeks our coach will sacked. I'm aware of our history but even that surprised me.

The last month my ears have started to bleed. We aren't good enough to be 18-0 (when we were 18-0), we are still pretenders, we will go straight sets, we will choke - as always. Even after our first defeat in twenty rounds, I was reminded that we were pretenders and now out in straights come finals.

I take it as a compliment that people fear us so that they look for excuses to rubbish us, but the quality of some of the criticism is still quite amazing.

Anyone else heard some ripping friendly fire?

Bad management is bad management
degruch
Saintsational Legend

I live in Adelaide...some people have heard about St Kilda down here. Aparently they're a team in the AFL, but not Adelaide or Port.

I'm surprised you've heard AFL mentioned in Sydney at all!

saintnt
Club Player

Apparently the only team playing in the finals is Carlton. Also up here accoding to my brother in law, essendon. he was told, that he owes me big time (think baby sitting... ) for allowing essendon the opportunity to play in the finals this year!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintnt wrote:Apparently the only team playing in the finals is Carlton. Also up here accoding to my brother in law, essendon. he was told, that he owes me big time (think baby sitting... ) for allowing essendon the opportunity to play in the finals this year!
He better not count his chickens yet...2 games to go for the injury riddled Dons.

older saint
SS Life Member

Let them talk, nod your head knowing that all the talk will be remembered and all going well late afternoon September 26th bragging rights for the next 6 months will be owned by you. (hopefully)

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

I have found the opposite is happening to me.
Alot of oppo fans that I come in contact with seem to think that we can go all the way & that they would like to see the Saints win the flag.
Despite our dominance this year, the 'second team/soft spot' element still seems to exist.
However, my nine year old copped it from a few snotty-nosed Bomber fans at school on Monday

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
starsign
Club Player

Your on the right track letting it entertain you SS

and don't be too surprised about the stupid talk of the stupid few

Your on the right track considering entertaining though,
as letting it get under your skin would be stupid....just like them!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

We are on top, everyone is not, so they can all go have a cry

I love this club
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:I live in Adelaide...some people have heard about St Kilda down here. Aparently they're a team in the AFL, but not Adelaide or Port.

I'm surprised you've heard AFL mentioned in Sydney at all!
I've heard a similar rumour that there is in fact a team in the AFL called St.Kilda. It's hazy though at this stage as far important issues like what colour John Worsfold's tooth brush is are centre stage here in Perth.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I wear my 2009 lanyard every day at work ....
Half the people who comment say "I hope your team go all the way this time" .....
The others are confused - like they have been abducted by Aliens and landed on a strange planet - these are the Coll, Ess and Carl supporters. Even Ess are only saying "we beat the Saints" nothing about any chance of winning it.
It is a weird season - totally!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
stmac35
Club Player

For me, been wearing my Saints wristband everyday, never got many negative comments - until Monday when the entire school came out as Essendon supporters and every second person was parading around in a Bombers scarf.
On the bright side, I did note a Tigers lover moaning desperately about the end of his dream of seeing a perfect season. I reckon a lot of people want to see the Saints win it this year.

THE GREAT MAN - ROBERT HARVEY
Garibaldi
Club Player

As a Sydney sider I can empathise with your feelings but dont lose hope. I know a number of AFL supporters and players around here. I mean, the games been played in Sydney longer than rugby league has existed. I have mates who grew up in places like Balmain and played aussie rules as kids and teenagers. They are now in there 50s. Balmain was not a pussy place back then.
My wife was out doing a bit of shopping with the St Kilda shopping bags last week and she got several carn Saints. Nice.

boo effin hoo