What we need to see on Sunday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StNoodles
Club Player

What we need to see on Sunday

A convincing win. Enormous intensity.

Let's get things back on track immediately with a 10 goal win against the Roos.

We must shake any doubts that may be lingering in the heads of players after the loss and come out and smack the Roos.

saintlee
Club Player

Its all about the intensity for me, I want to see the incredible pressure again....not fussed about the margin

aussiejones
Club Player

Intensity ..... yes need to get back to making tackles stick

And no injuries please

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne will play to lose, and Nth Melb are a proud, tough club, so this is the only real test before finals.

Therefore, I want absolutely uncompromising ruthlessness.

I want Baker's tackles to stick and hurt. I want Max/Zac/Fish to show confidence in the air and to communicate so that marking opportunities can be identified. I want Blake marking and going with his first instinct afterwards. I want Ball to have an absolute blinder not only in and under but acting as a link man from time to time. I want to see Kosi absolutely pounding into packs and leaving Kanga's defenders getting up groggy and I want crumbers in the right spots when he does it. I want Hayes hitting Roo lace out. I want Montagna and Gram taking a bounce and kicking long to dangerous spots. I want Dal peeling of the back of the centre square, threading through traffic, and hitting targets. I want Goddard and Ray floating and running across half back and setting up play with penetrating footskills. I want Schneider, Milne and McQualter to tackle everything that so much as breathes in our forward fifty. I want Gwilt to smash in hard and lead left and right to create space for 12 and 23 and I'd like him to kick two early goals while Kanga's attention is elsewhere. I want Gilbo and Clarke to attack from half back and if they get in a pickle I want people there to help them get out of the jam. I don't want CJ's opponent to get more than 8 touches.

I want run, movement, swarm and fever pitched enthusiasm for the contest.

And moreover I want all of this with NO injuries.

In short, I want it all!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

A stress free walk in the park with no injuries. Cheap junk possesion football,chipping it around between Lendog,Goddard,Dal and Rewoildt and even Booma Harvey(big weekend for SC :wink: )

Ramp it up the week after on the G. This week I'm not phased, but I want too see a football lesson given to the demons,as we prepare for finals footy with an 105 point decimation on the G.

Bring back the Lockett era
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Melbourne will play to lose, and Nth Melb are a proud, tough club, so this is the only real test before finals.

Therefore, I want absolutely uncompromising ruthlessness.

I want Baker's tackles to stick and hurt. I want Max/Zac/Fish to show confidence in the air and to communicate so that marking opportunities can be identified. I want Blake marking and going with his first instinct afterwards. I want Ball to have an absolute blinder not only in and under but acting as a link man from time to time. I want to see Kosi absolutely pounding into packs and leaving Kanga's defenders getting up groggy and I want crumbers in the right spots when he does it. I want Hayes hitting Roo lace out. I want Montagna and Gram taking a bounce and kicking long to dangerous spots. I want Dal peeling of the back of the centre square, threading through traffic, and hitting targets. I want Goddard and Ray floating and running across half back and setting up play with penetrating footskills. I want Schneider, Milne and McQualter to tackle everything that so much as breathes in our forward fifty. I want Gwilt to smash in hard and lead left and right to create space for 12 and 23 and I'd like him to kick two early goals while Kanga's attention is elsewhere. I want Gilbo and Clarke to attack from half back and if they get in a pickle I want people there to help them get out of the jam. I don't want CJ's opponent to get more than 8 touches.

I want run, movement, swarm and fever pitched enthusiasm for the contest.

And moreover I want all of this with NO injuries.

In short, I want it all!
And a game where the preferred finals backline, who ever that might be, keeps them down to under 50 points, think thats important

I love this club