Etihad buskers split :-(

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:What on earth is all the fuss about?

They are professional musicians with their own CD available, who play the theme song of whoever happens to be the home team on the day.
Keep Rockin' In The Free World Bernard Shakey :)

In all seriousness (is that a word?)... these particular muso's just go thru the motions. They don't bother playing with any feel at all. They might as well play a midi file thru a DX7. Yes, we can hear a trumpet... but is the playing any good?.. most people wouldn't stop to think about it.

"Oh When the Saints" is a jazz classic from New Orleans, if anyone is gonna play it, they should attempt to do it in style... at least try and imagine they have a black soul.

If these guys played like Loiue Armstrong, I'd be the first to defend them. Smacka Fitzgibbon is a whitey who has feel, it can be done. ;)

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
GrumpyOne

aussierules0k wrote:

They are professional musicians with their own CD available, who play the theme song of whoever happens to be the home team on the day.

In all seriousness (is that a word?)... these particular muso's just go thru the motions. They don't bother playing with any feel at all. They might as well play a midi file thru a DX7. Yes, we can hear a trumpet... but is the playing any good?.. most people wouldn't stop to think about it.

"Oh When the Saints" is a jazz classic from New Orleans, if anyone is gonna play it, they should attempt to do it in style... at least try and imagine they have a black soul.

If these guys played like Loiue Armstrong, I'd be the first to defend them. Smacka Fitzgibbon is a whitey who has feel, it can be done. ;)
Add music critic to AOK's many expert achievements. :roll:

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

I can't tell you if a movie or a brick wall is technically well made but I do know if music is played with passion or not.

Pazza
Club Player

They have never..ever..played Essendon's. They say it is because Essendon fans don't give them money. Well it's pretty easy. Play the theme song regardless and then you might get a sling going the other way.

As it was, the one bloke was there, on the edge of the footbridge near the station. At the end of the game, there he was at the end of the footbridge near the ground. Still playing St. Kilda's...and copping abuse (perhaps somewhat justifiably) from the celebrating Essendon fans as we all filed past.

All in all..Collo and Doyle have made the right decision and as part of Essendon's home game "Red And Black Unite" branding, 2 blokes playing the other club's theme song doesn't quite fit all that well.

golden hawk
Club Player

i posted something in that i left the caps on but they did not put it in !

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:

If you know AOK you would not have posted this...

more so with those rolling eyes...

I don't mind those buskers, but AOK opinion on music, including audio and studio experence IMO far out weighs your attempt of insulting his knowledge

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

3rd generation saint wrote:If they are hazard standing in the middle of the footpath, then so are all podiums set up to sell AFL records and they should be banned.
People should not allowed to stand still on the footbridge, they become a hazard, this BS of the worst kind.
All these guys need are a really good lawyer, someone to give them some financial backing and they would absolutely ram it up the city council's backside in a court of law.
... Some apparantly blew off as there was a mini tornado outside the dome one of the vendor's outside told me!

Go saints in '09!
golden hawk
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:If they are hazard standing in the middle of the footpath, then so are all podiums set up to sell AFL records and they should be banned.
People should not allowed to stand still on the footbridge, they become a hazard, this BS of the worst kind.
All these guys need are a really good lawyer, someone to give them some financial backing and they would absolutely ram it up the city council's backside in a court of law.
i said the record sellers take more space then these guys do yet they are allowed !

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

:) Cheers St.Fid. Musical taste is one thing - we all have our own.
But you are correct - after 1000's of hours recording the cream of Aussie musicians and just as many recording lesser lights... :) I honestly do know when someone is playing with feel and/or passion or just going thru the motions.

When the hair stands up on your back and a tear comes to your eye, you know you've hit gold - and you check the recorder to make sure it's working. ;)

GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:

If you know AOK you would not have posted this...

more so with those rolling eyes...

I don't mind those buskers, but AOK opinion on music, including audio and studio experence IMO far out weighs your attempt of insulting his knowledge
You are of course, as always St Fid, completely correct.

Where would we all be without our forum White Knight, riding to everyone's aid?

AOK is a big lad now, quite capable of retorting effectively, which you will note if you cared to wander over to where the intelligentsia hang out, namely the general forum.

I will look forward to his appearance as guest judge on Idol.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote::) Cheers St.Fid. Musical taste is one thing - we all have our own.
But you are correct - after 1000's of hours recording the cream of Aussie musicians and just as many recording lesser lights... :) I honestly do know when someone is playing with feel and/or passion or just going thru the motions.

When the hair stands up on your back and a tear comes to your eye, you know you've hit gold - and you check the recorder to make sure it's working. ;)
no worries mate, it appears that GrumpyOne has put his foot in it yet again.

Yes opinions are great, but there was no need for those rolling eyes.

Again, to me it was an attempt to insult you with your music background and if the poster was not aware of your background so be it, but the rolling eyes to me was just an insult.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:
aussierules0k wrote::) Cheers St.Fid. Musical taste is one thing - we all have our own.

no worries mate, it appears that GrumpyOne has put his foot in it yet again.

Yes opinions are great, but there was no need for those rolling eyes.

Again, to me it was an attempt to insult you with your music background and if the poster was not aware of your background so be it, but the rolling eyes to me was just an insult.
Yeah.... you're right.

What would I know about music.

After all, I went deaf writing my ninth. :(

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Yes please give me the job on Idol.

After the first 'act' I'd stand up and say...

"This show is a load of crap which ruins the dreams of potential artists - many who have not yet evolved musically. The audience here would be far better off patronising their local gig than watching 3 old has beens projecting our "knowledge" of how to suck the balls of the music industry - "industry" being the notable word. By attending a live gig you will be fertilizing the garden of musical talent from which hopefully new tall poppies will grow. Idol sucks... bye." :)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
You are of course, as always St Fid, completely correct.

Where would we all be without our forum White Knight, riding to everyone's aid?

AOK is a big lad now, quite capable of retorting effectively, which you will note if you cared to wander over to where the intelligentsia hang out, namely the general forum.

I will look forward to his appearance as guest judge on Idol.
Give it away, before you completely embarrass yourself FFS.

I know Kenny and yes he can stand up for himself and can you please stop with the crapola about me riding to everyone's aid...

Again, I know what AOK's passion is and have in some way tried to inform you, if you think that is being a "White Knight" go flower yourself.

Gee, there are some flowering tools on this forum.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Actually I'm touched by St Fids back up. Everyone needs mates.

But let's leave it there and get the thread back on topic.

GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:

And I'm replying to one.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

And I'm replying to one.
Again, give it up, I believe you have already made a flowering tool of yourself with this comment..
GrumpyOne wrote:

FFS GrumpyOne you really don't have a clue, do you :?:

If you wish to continue to embarrass yourself, go right ahead :lol:

Hang on, I'll just grab some popcorn.....

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Bring the buskers back.
They weren't there & we lost. :cry: :cry:
BRING THEM BACK. :wink: :wink:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

And I'm replying to one.
Again, give it up, I believe you have already made a flowering tool of yourself with this comment..
GrumpyOne wrote:

FFS GrumpyOne you really don't have a clue, do you :?:

If you wish to continue to embarrass yourself, go right ahead :lol:

Hang on, I'll just grab some popcorn.....
Dear St Fid,

This thread is not about you vs me, nor is it about AOK's musical abilities.

AOK I respect. His views are often a little off centre, but he sticks to them.

You are right, I had no idea of his musical background. You did, and it would not surprise me if you have done background checks on all SS posters you can identify, despite regulations to the contrary.

I do not have the benefit of those resouces.

I do not agree with AOK's sumnation of their musical ability. I have their CD, and I find it enjoyable. To expect passion and unbounded energy when they have played the same song for at least an hour straight is unreasonable in my opinion.

My comment to AOK was probably unfounded in hindsight, but I do reserve the right to express a different opinion to him, no matter what expertise he possesses. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As for you, I have sprayed Baygon on more intelligent life forms.

Lets get the thread back on subject now.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Dear St Fid,

This thread is not about you vs me, nor is it about AOK's musical abilities.

AOK I respect. His views are often a little off centre, but he sticks to them.

You are right, I had no idea of his musical background. You did, and it would not surprise me if you have done background checks on all SS posters you can identify, despite regulations to the contrary.

I do not have the benefit of those resouces.

I do not agree with AOK's sumnation of their musical ability. I have their CD, and I find it enjoyable. To expect passion and unbounded energy when they have played the same song for at least an hour straight is unreasonable in my opinion.

My comment to AOK was probably unfounded in hindsight, but I do reserve the right to express a different opinion to him, no matter what expertise he possesses. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As for you, I have sprayed Baygon on more intelligent life forms.

Lets get the thread back on subject now.

Okay, I have waited near on 12 hours to make a reply and I guess after that time the thread is finished with any further contributions in general…

I have conversed and met with AOK over the last 5 years and I do know what his interests are

I also have one of the duos CD and have played it the once and I would doubt whether I would ever play it again. Just how many times have you played and enjoyed their CD????

To use the systems and databases that I have access to for private/personal use is a criminal offence and you even suggesting this us totally unfounded.

Section 126 of the P R Act is a criminal offence and for you to even hint that I may have committed this offence is just an humiliation of the 29 years of service without any formal allegation against me.

To ever suggest that I may have committed a criminal offence by suggesting I may have done some “background checksâ€

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Thread locked..

GO and Fid I suggest you sort your differences out away from where everyone can read them..cheers

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor