Saints v Bombers game thread with live scores :)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:Get someone onto Watson, TIGHT IS A TICK. Tag him into oblvion.
probably a job for CJ or minnie :cry:

backit
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:The 3 Essendon cheer squad members wearing the green t shirts have done well for them

BANG BANG
I wasn't going to worry about the umpiring but today's performance is an absolute shocker, sure we are down but there is too much inconsistency from the men in green today.

If we go back to how we should be playing we will start over the next half and over run them.

Lennon
Club Player

James wrote:Riewoldt marks one out of around a dozen kicks in his direction that quarter, and suddenly I'm wrong?

He's our main forward. And he was completely useless. Every time we get under pressure he dissapears. Hayes is our real captain.

Dempster won't be coming back if I have a say. Getting 4 kicked on him by the ultimate dud of the competition - probably the most embarrasing thing that can ever happen to a player. Goodbye. Delist.

When we run riot over them in the final quarter, watch out for Riewoldt's 3 cheap goals in the last 5 minutes when it's all over. INSPIRATIONAL.
Right. That's why he's stood up under pressure so many times this year.

Flog.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
James wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:Hit Monfries. Somebody hit him.
How about somebody play on him. A monkey could hold him kickless.

Where the hell is Riewoldt. On the radio every time we go forward it's kicked to him and he does jack all. Some captain.
Fair go buddy I'd back right off if I was you. Dont question the guy who has run his guts out for the past 18 weeks
Riewoldt busts his guts evry week ffs, give him a break. So what if were to loose 1 game

I love this club
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

James wrote:Riewoldt marks one out of around a dozen kicks in his direction that quarter, and suddenly I'm wrong?

He's our main forward. And he was completely useless. Every time we get under pressure he dissapears. Hayes is our real captain.

Dempster won't be coming back if I have a say. Getting 4 kicked on him by the ultimate dud of the competition - probably the most embarrasing thing that can ever happen to a player. Goodbye. Delist.

When we run riot over them in the final quarter, watch out for Riewoldt's 3 cheap goals in the last 5 minutes when it's all over. INSPIRATIONAL.
You have gone early James...watch this space...Riewoldt will make you eat your words with some luck and a fair go from the green maggots :x :roll:
Last edited by saint patrick on Sun 16 Aug 2009 8:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
F_Q_F
Club Player

Not much Roo can do from full forward if our midfield can't get their hands on the ball.

Go hand in your membership, which I doubt you have anyway, Monday morning if you actually think that.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

walski wrote:Pluses so far: Kosi standing up
Missing in action: Milne - Schiender?

Changes --- Clarke off Monfries please.....
how would that be a change? Clarke wasn't on Monfries as far as I could see.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Seriously Roo plays a bad 5 mins and he's useless FFS, Hayes has played a bad game so far but he's a better captain?

James you are a tool of the biggest magnitude.

BTW Roo is now clawing the saints back into the game.

backit
Club Player

"Dempster won't be coming back if I have a say. Getting 4 kicked on him by the ultimate dud of the competition - probably the most embarrasing thing that can ever happen to a player. Goodbye. Delist."

No offence James but how are you going to get a say on the delisting of a player?

Roo runs his guts out every game and while he is being held at the moment he will lift again because that is what champion footballers do. I don't care if he kicks none if he does the team things and we win.
Last edited by backit on Sun 16 Aug 2009 8:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

James
Club Player

F_Q_F wrote:Not much Roo can do from full forward if our midfield can't get their hands on the ball.

Go hand in your membership, which I doubt you have anyway, Monday morning if you actually think that.
He had the ball kicked to him craploads that quarter. To what avail? He was due to pull down at least one.

Brendon Goddard - 2012 Premiership Captain
santazzi
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Look Essendon are big pretenders. Have every confidence that the Saints will steam roll them
I agree. What I do not understand is how so called seasoned commentators are going on and on and on..how Essendon is desmantling the Saints............The unfortunate thing is that they will have eggs on their faces at the end of the game but they pay no price for their stupidy....I wish I had a job like that where there are no consequences for my stupid atterances....................Fear not Sainters we will win tonight!!!!!!!!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Obviously you havent watched the other 18 games he played this season. Fair dinkum, you only come out when things are going against us. Hope I never have to sit next to you during a tight game

matrix
Saintsational Legend

kicks a goal after the siren
pressures on

we need it
he delivered

what a flogg :roll:

unfarking real

Griggsy
SS Life Member

gee some people expect a lot from their champions. All the things roo has done for this side and you post that dribble, like he is a dud who is riding coattails of this side.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

James wrote:He had the ball kicked to him craploads that quarter. To what avail? He was due to pull down at least one.

Dunno what game you are watching but he had jack all chances and most of it poor delivery, not every forward marks every ball. Have you ever seen Brown and Fev play at their best they mark 1 out of 3 balls delivered to them.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i havent read the match thread so not sure if people have been talking about it but how is it fair to hear that flog healy barracking for the bombers?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
ChelseaGuy
Club Player

A bit intense. There is still half a game to go. And Roo has been fantastic all year, he'll have an influence in the second half following on from his captain's goal after the siren.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

We'll see what we're made of.

If nothing else, the second half will be interesting to see how we cope with a situation like this.

If we happen to lose, better now than in September.

Give the players the wake-up call they maybe needed before finals and let them know they're not bullet-proof. They need to come to play every week or they can get rolled.

walski
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
walski wrote:Pluses so far: Kosi standing up
Missing in action: Milne - Schiender?

Changes --- Clarke off Monfries please.....
how would that be a change? Clarke wasn't on Monfries as far as I could see.

kk :) i think sen coverage and hudo really dont keep up with the match ups that well.

From what i can gather he was on him on 1st and early 2nd qtr.

starsign
Club Player

This 2nd half will be the big acid test for us

The 2 late goals should give us impetus to refocus and get our A Grade pressure tackling game back, but.....

The question is do they want it???

Schillaci
Club Player

WTF?
I understand that sometimes say things in the heat of the moment but this really doesn't deserve much of a reply...other than get a clue or be prepared to cop abuse from just about everyone

matrix
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:We'll see what we're made of.

If nothing else, the second half will be interesting to see how we cope with a situation like this.

Give the players the wake-up call they maybe needed before finals and let them know they're not bullet-proof. They need to come to play every week or they can get rolled.
well said

walski
Club Player

OLB wrote:We'll see what we're made of.

Gonna be good one

All in the head... I'm sure Ross will have them running thought the wall after the half.... thats all I ask.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Some of the hysteria here is hilarous :D ...what would you rather.. be in a situation like this now or against the filth or the dogs in 3 weeks time...get a grip...whether we win is irrelevant...its what we get out of it..WHAT WE LEARN :x ...we are 19 zip FFS :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

losing because the midfield is getting smashed

Another opportunity awaits!