Jordan McMahon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I'd be going for someone like jones or even johnson.
Lol, I don't know why I'm bothering to ask but which Jones and which Johnson?
Brett Jones and Michael Johnson.

reincarnated

Saints94 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Smith - quality player

Saints94
SS Life Member

reincarnated wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Smith - quality player
Smith?......... I wouldn't mine also having a look at Chris Mayne to use him as a lead up forward, just a thought.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I always liked his pace but apart from that I dont rate him much. Mabey a change of scenery would do him the same wonders that it did to Zac Dawson and Farren Ray.

If we trade with the Tigers id rather have Nathan Foley

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Chris Mayne is 100% quality, he will be going nowhere IMO.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:I always liked his pace but apart from that I dont rate him much. Mabey a change of scenery would do him the same wonders that it did to Zac Dawson and Farren Ray.

If we trade with the Tigers id rather have Nathan Foley

BANG BANG
The change from the dogs to the tigers didn't do him much good.

Foley is a good player but if Luke Ball was struggling to get a game due to disposal I doubt Foley would get a crack. Probably worth persisting with Armo and Steven.

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Saints94
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:Chris Mayne is 100% quality, he will be going nowhere IMO.
Not even for a first rnd pick?

Saints94
SS Life Member

Is there anyone else we should target, if Medhurst falls out of favour with the Pies..................

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Chris Mayne is 100% quality, he will be going nowhere IMO.
Not even for a first rnd pick?
I wouldn't think so.

Our first round pick this year could very well be pick 17, in a weak compromised draft it is probably worth about pick 25 in a normal year.

The only chance we have of getting a decent player would be to try and snag another Adam Schneider/ Farren Ray type deal, but IMO it would cost a first rounder and not a second rounder this year.

mick13
Club Player

Save the first round pick, it's the last decent one we'll have in a while.

Honestly if we're top 2 again next year we end up with like pick 30 or some s***?

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

I actually thought he was a really good player with the dogs and think he might be down on confidence with Richmond.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he came over to us and fired up and became a great pick up.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Back to the OP, I posted on the other thread too but I'll add this: I'm not clear on why Richmond would trade him as he's worth more to them than the Saints.

With the way the Tigers' senior list is dropping like flies they desperately need to hold on to whatever mature players of any quality they have left. They have already spent 5 years yo-yo'ing in the bottom half of the ladder, they need to consolidate under a new coach not keep rebuilding. Are they going to suffer another 5 years at the bottom while Gold Coast and West Sydney ride the train to glory?

"He's got speed and run", well plenty of our reserves for this season had that too, Leigh Fisher, Begley, Miles? Didn't get them games in the seniors.

File under "calculated to distract".

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
paws
Club Player

ive always admired all those light runners that the bulldogs recruit year after year. they neglect key positon types and have a surplus of midfielders- theyre loss

paws for thought
ThomasR
Club Player

i think we should go for ablett and judd

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

paws wrote:ive always admired all those light runners that the bulldogs recruit year after year. they neglect key positon types and have a surplus of midfielders- theyre loss
Then the picked up the likes of Aker to add to it, and you think they could've traded some of them for a key forward, but instead let Ray, McMahon and Birss go for not a great deal (they got Ward with pick 19 they got for McMahon). Just a shame none of their key forwards have really developed all that well

Carpe Diem
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ross even said it was crap.... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
JABBER
Club Player

jordan mcmahon

to play for us you need to tackle and keep pressure on i dont think jordan has got that. We picked up a lot of kids last year Lynch,Heyne Stanley,Cahill
and Smith so we might trade out this year but who will we get i dont know we will find out once the finals start of who stands up and where can we improve the list

trevor barker
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

No thanks....but...was M Drain at the Bulldogs when Cisco was cos he made have that inside knowledge and judgement ike has has with The FRay.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

CeilidhSaint wrote:No thanks....but...was M Drain at the Bulldogs when Cisco was cos he made have that inside knowledge and judgement ike has has with The FRay.
My question exactly in the other thread...

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... n&start=25

Batnoe

i think we will target players like

Hadley, Stiller, Sherman, Pearce, J Bolton (like last year) Nathan Jones, Harris, Tuck, Wells, Salopek, Tenace, Wojinski, Kerr, Harbrow

If we can get one of these type of players it will be great and would trade a pick for them

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:i think we will target players like

Hadley, Stiller, Sherman, Pearce, J Bolton (like last year) Nathan Jones, Harris, Tuck, Wells, Salopek, Tenace, Wojinski, Kerr, Harbrow

If we can get one of these type of players it will be great and would trade a pick for them

what for......you trade with other clubs to build a team to win a premiership.......we already have that team......plus a hell of a lot of young up and comers...nah...keep our picks and draft kids fr the future i say.....if we don't win this year,,then go for it in tradeweek.......

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

God watching McMahon today, I really really really hope that this is a practicle joke and the saints arn't even contemplating this because if they are even thinking of this they must have taken some powerfull drugs.

26, and is absolutely lucky to be playing for Richmond, can't defend can't kick, can't win his own ball and all of his posessions are behind the play, the opposition look at him and he falls over or drops the ball. I'd take 20 other Richmond players out there today before McMahon (the only player worse is Jake King and he didn't play that bad today).

I don't care if it is for pick 1345 he's not worth wasting a spot on the list for because he would never play a game for the saints.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Batnoe wrote:i think we will target players like

what for......you trade with other clubs to build a team to win a premiership.......we already have that team......plus a hell of a lot of young up and comers...nah...keep our picks and draft kids fr the future i say.....if we don't win this year,,then go for it in tradeweek.......

Surely we would just go for kids, that group wont add much and will cost a lot more money.

I love this club
stinger
Saintsational Legend

as i posted earlier roo said it was crap and news to him...still the hun says this morning that we are seriously interested in the loser...ffs...geez i hate the press.....goes on about ball being trade bait and to watch the explosion from those who miss out on the grannie side......ross as right ..the press will do anything to try and destabilise us.....just like i would do to the girls from sleepy hollow and the toothless ferals from filth park if i was in the media......

MasonCJ2
Club Player

Better not pick up McMahon - develop our own - he'd just be taking up a space on the list of a young kind that may or may not work out, but by all likelihood would be a better player than McMahon. How would he fit with the game plan, discipline and structure?

We are a sniff