Is this the worst set of matches this year?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Is this the worst set of matches this year?

Except for our game of course, this week's games seem rather lifeless in the offing. Perhaps it's just a sign of nerves. Any views?

Batnoe

Very hard to tip to be honest with you

Freo v Melb... Freo have a better younger list but cannot travel. Melbourne dont want to win as they will get their priority pick. Have tipped Melbourne simply because Freo cant travel

Bulldogs v Brisbane, tipped dogs as i think they want it more as they had been in 3rd all year and may slip out of contention.. Lions however can win

Port v Carlton... Port play well at home. Carlton are trying to prove that they are here. A loss to Port sees that a team on 10 wins may make the 8. have picked Carlton

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Re: Is this the worst set of matches this year?

perfectionist wrote:Except for our game of course, this week's games seem rather lifeless in the offing. Perhaps it's just a sign of nerves. Any views?
Yeh in terms of the teams playing im not too excited. Though the circumstances in which the teams are playing make it a bit more interesting, carlton v port, lions v dogs; are going to shape the 8 a bit more. Crows kept there top 4 aspirations alive, and ended the Hawks season effectively, while we can cement top spot and finish the bombers season.

Carpe Diem
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i tipped freo
also tipped swans over geelong

tricky round

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Let's face it, with the exception of our games, round 20,21 and 22 are boring.
We just want the finals to start and hopefully our winning streak in September will be 3 wins, that's all we need.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
aussiejones
Club Player

a bit of an anti climax except our game .

I would like Geelong and Collingwood to get smashed though......

And for us .. a big game for Kosi and no injuries to our boys

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Let's face it, with the exception of our games, round 20,21 and 22 are boring.
We just want the finals to start and hopefully our winning streak in September will be 3 wins, that's all we need.
Yes, I think that could be it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:i tipped freo
also tipped swans over geelong

tricky round
Freo for mine. Melbourne have an entire team in rehab and have no reason or will to win (which is simply a sad indictment).

Port v Carlton fills me with about as much excitement as examining a toenail clipping but I remain interested if only to see if Port can finally slm the door on the Dorks, Bombers and Swans.

I too think Geelong will struggle at SCG and - hopefully - give that highly skilled and credentialed but intolerably selfish man-child Gablett something else to sob about. Fair dinkum. What a gifted tool. Go Swans.

Lions v Dogs has me stumped. Want Lions to win because Dogs shite me so badly but for mine this game reeks of one that might highlight the fact that peraps the Lions have overachieved a touch this year. My tip's with the Dogs.

Would love to see the Tiger's spring a wopper this arvo.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i tipped the lions
and carlton

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm very unexcited that Melb vs Freo is on at the MCG whilst our game is at Docklands.

Typical ridiculous AFL scheduling.

I wonder next year if they'll give the MCG a bit more of a balanced schedule - rather than the current 10 or so "blockbusters" and around 20 schlockbusters!

Or will they again be hypocrits - on one hand bag Collo and the Docklands deal but give them too many high-drawing matches!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I'm very unexcited that Melb vs Freo is on at the MCG whilst our game is at Docklands.

Typical ridiculous AFL scheduling.

I wonder next year if they'll give the MCG a bit more of a balanced schedule - rather than the current 10 or so "blockbusters" and around 20 schlockbusters!

Or will they again be hypocrits - on one hand bag Collo and the Docklands deal but give them too many high-drawing matches!
Well Melbourne home ground is the MCG and Essendons is Docklands..agree though that I reckon next year we will see more of our away games at the G..if the AFL are fair dinkum about "maximising attendfances" as they keep going on about

The other problem is their reluctance to schedule night games at the G in the middle half of the season. Apparently the theatre-goers might get cold toes :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am actually enjoying the fact that the final eight hasn't been finalised, and I am not bored at all.

Will watch Doggies v Lions with interest, and Carlton v Port....somewhat.

It will be over soon and it's a long summer, I guess I am a footy tragic!

spyglass
Club Player

Thinline wrote: I too think Geelong will struggle at SCG
so do I, no crowd.....no opposition.....the game is at ANZ Stadium

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Also, our opponent in Week 1 of the finals (I call it Round 23!) is undecided....so it's far from dead.