I'm So Confused!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

I'm So Confused!

Advice needed.

I'm not a social club member, yes i no silly me, so getting grand final tickets will be a costly exercise and will most likely have to be purchased thru a package.

I really want to see a grand final and i love the saints so much so ideally this would be the year to go to a grand final if we make it.

I priced a grand final ticket in a package with 2 nights accomodation and worked out what it would be with return airfares and it's not exactly cheap.

I still live at home with Mummy :) so the money isn't really a issue the only thing that worries me is i'd be going by myself and i'm not sure if that would take some of the enjoyment out of the day being a Nigel no friends!

I'm 75 percent sure that i want to go and be there on that special day but then i think what if we lost and i spent all that money but then i think what if we won and i didn't take the opportunity to go.

Then what if i book it now and we don't make it?

I'm so confused.

I really think i'm going to do it, no guts no glory.

Thanks for listening would love to hear ur thoughts.

I love u Saints!

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
matrix
Saintsational Legend

come on...dont be soft :P

im driving over, and driving back on my own from SA and i know no one

<< nigel

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm So Confused!

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Advice needed.

I'm not a social club member, yes i no silly me, so getting grand final tickets will be a costly exercise and will most likely have to be purchased thru a package.

I really want to see a grand final and i love the saints so much so ideally this would be the year to go to a grand final if we make it.

I priced a grand final ticket in a package with 2 nights accomodation and worked out what it would be with return airfares and it's not exactly cheap. Have you tried airfares separate and then considered wotif.com and similar?

I still live at home with Mummy :) so the money isn't really a issue the only thing that worries me is i'd be going by myself and i'm not sure if that would take some of the enjoyment out of the day being a Nigel no friends! If the Saints are there, you will find plenty to share the moments with.

I'm 75 percent sure that i want to go and be there on that special day but then i think what if we lost and i spent all that money but then i think what if we won and i didn't take the opportunity to go.

Then what if i book it now and we don't make it? Toughest call, you just have to bite the bullet and make a call now, based on what you have seen so far - 19-0
I'm so confused.

I love u Saints!
Last edited by Iceman234 on Sat 15 Aug 2009 3:08am, edited 1 time in total.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Thanks for ur thoughts guys.

I'm going to do it :) i'm going to bite the bullet :)

GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS WOOOOOOOOOOOO

SO EXCITING!

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

And don't underestimate this site if we make it.

There may be tickets available through people here and I'd suggest no-one would ask 1 cent more than what they're worth.

I know I wouldn't and I have one extra concession ticket that the ticket holder won't be able to use.

So if you bite the bullet, good luck and I think it will work out ok.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Thanks for ur thoughts guys.

I'm going to do it :) i'm going to bite the bullet :)

GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS WOOOOOOOOOOOO

SO EXCITING!
8-) 8-) 8-)

karnak
Club Player

I already booked my tickets back for the big day from London, 3 days in Melbourne 56 hrs in the air. Harden up.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Being by yourself for a couple of hours is an incredibly small price to pay to see what could be the biggest moment in your St Kilda-supporting life.

Don't be so self-conscious. Honestly, who cares if you're by yourself?

People are too preoccupied with their own lives to be worried about whether some bloke is at a grand final on his own.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

You're not by yourself... you're with the Saints!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
saint_kiki
Club Player

I bought a package and am flying from perth on my own too! Spending 4 nights in melb so I can take in a few of the Melb sights (or just the shopping).

The package I bought has a brisbane lions dinner so it'll be a bit awkward going to dinner on my lonesome but I figure we'll all have footy in common so easy ice breaker. And as long as the saints are in the gf I wont mind sitting alone at the game.

If you get too concerned, we can be nigel no friends at the pub together :wink:

Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours
ace
Saintsational Legend

I was a 14 year old kid when I went to my first football matches - the 1966 final series using my grandfather's Melbourne Cricket Club ladies ticket. (Children of either sex could use a ladies ticket).
I went alone (my dad was never interested in football and my mum only became interested when I took her myself many years later).
But in the ladies stand of the MCC, I was surrounded by my best friends - Died in the wool Saints fans, who I had never met before and never met later.

I got to see the losses in 1971 and 1997 too.
It is the chance that you may lose that makes winning all the sweeter.

You don't need to take a personal friend.
At the football all saints fans are your friends and you can enjoy the game with them.
Just get a package that sits you with other saints fans.
Imagine how I would have felt for the last 43 years if I had missed that opportunity.
If you are a Saints fan you must be there.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm So Confused!

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Advice needed.

I'm so confused.

I love u Saints!
get a SAINTS package- go to the Saints Brunch and your a fair bet to be sitting with something resembling red black and white-- on the off chance we make the finals and if not you'll be supporting the saints

http://www.saints.com.au/grand%20final% ... fault.aspx
This September, the St Kilda Football Club will hold a premium Grand Final Brunch at the prestigious Park Hyatt Ballroom. Located only a short stroll away from the MCG, this event is the perfect way to kick-off your day before heading across to the big game.
Guest will enjoy:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Solar
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:I was a 14 year old kid when I went to my first football matches - the 1966 final series using my grandfather's Melbourne Cricket Club ladies ticket. (Children of either sex could use a ladies ticket).
I went alone (my dad was never interested in football and my mum only became interested when I took her myself many years later).
But in the ladies stand of the MCC, I was surrounded by my best friends - Died in the wool Saints fans, who I had never met before and never met later.

I got to see the losses in 1971 and 1997 too.
It is the chance that you may lose that makes winning all the sweeter.

You don't need to take a personal friend.
At the football all saints fans are your friends and you can enjoy the game with them.
Just get a package that sits you with other saints fans.
Imagine how I would have felt for the last 43 years if I had missed that opportunity.
If you are a Saints fan you must be there.
wonderfully said

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St Michele
Club Player

I got flights and accomodation a few weeks ago, the Arrow on Swanston is ok it is not the Hyatt but we got 6 nights for just under $600 and the rooms have cooking facilities.

As for being alone, you will find if you are wearing your gear people will talk to you and you will be fine.

I can't afford ( and really don;t want to go to any of the breakfasts) but will just keep trying I truely beleive if it is meant to be I will get tickets to the game( as I am not a Social Club Member and have kicked myself many times for procrastinating about it), if not I will go to Moorabbin and watch it there.

It will be a moment in history as a Saints supporter and I can't wait

Michele :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
asiu

i reckon .....we (ss'ers) should all meet up 'somewhere' for a group photo before the game ....an early mid morning meet , in fact

back to the op .....any one who uses 'guts gains glory' will be ok ...get there missy , you'll be right

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

There is accommodation (quite reasonably priced) at the Mantra on the park. (minimum 2 nights though but you only lose 1 nights cost of accommodation if you cancel the booking). 5 minute walk from the G.

Also, Hilton on the Park has accommodation from $500 for a double. Once again, minimum 2 night and you lose the $1000 bucks if you don't use the accommodation.

In regards to GF tickets, we *MAY* have a spare one or two tickets as we are MCC ticket holders as well as St Kilda SC members. If we decide that we do feel like queueing up at the MCC at 1.00am in the morning, we will most likely have 1 or 2 spare tickets as we will still be purchasing tickets via our social club memberships regardless. Will know closer to the day and would happily sell them at ticket value to one of my fellow Saintsational members. Only one condition, as you will be sitting near other members of my family, you will have to be a *vocal* supporter and i mean A VERY VOCAL supporter on grand final day. If not, there will be trouble...... :P

In regards to the Grand Final packages, there will be a few still available a week or 2 proceeding the game. Obviously you are taking a chance waiting, but if you don't want to blow $1500 dollars or cannot afford to, it may pay to wait.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Don't worry lenny leads the way, i go to most melbourne games by myself and i actually enjoy going by myself, instead of opposition friends who tag along with me with the awkward silence of the other team getting thrashed by us. It sure can be a quiet train trip back.

I'm sure as long as you are decked out in saints gear people will be awfully friendly. Considering it could be history in the making that day.

Go saints in '09!
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Whats the go with going to morrabbin on GF day? are they holding a function for fans to attend?

St Michele
Club Player

I did hear somewhere they have something with a big screen etc but maybe I am dreaming :oops:

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Rest assured, the club will have something. Whether it is at Moorabbin though will be another thing considering they have pulled down all the stands.

It will be interesting where they will fit everyone for training the week leading up to the Grand Final. Can't see the many thousands that it will attract fitting into Moorabbin. Not sure why flat grassy areas have to be roped off and declared as dangerous..??? Surely the old stands where more dangerous than flat grassy spots..??

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:i reckon .....we (ss'ers) should all meet up 'somewhere' for a group photo before the game ....an early mid morning meet , in fact

back to the op .....any one who uses 'guts gains glory' will be ok ...get there missy , you'll be right
Thats a great idea Gaz...

Seriously, dont worry about being in town alone if we make the big one. Saintsational is family. WE argue and fight but when push comes to shove noones gonna let a SS family member wander around town alone in GF week if we make it.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
gazrat wrote:i reckon .....we (ss'ers) should all meet up 'somewhere' for a group photo before the game ....an early mid morning meet , in fact

Seriously, dont worry about being in town alone if we make the big one. Saintsational is family. WE argue and fight but when push comes to shove noones gonna let a SS family member wander around town alone in GF week if we make it.
Yup - if you are in town alone - just PM saints66au or snoopygirl or some of the other motely crew from good shipp SS and you will be in Saints company - especially for the after match celebrations/(commiserations :cry: ).

Best thing is you only have to hang around with this mob for a day - I have to see them every time I go to the footy. :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
asiu

thanks , i thought so to 8-)

(been sittn on that for a couple of weeks ....t'was the thread / moment)

Batnoe

First of all....

Just do it, we will make it

Second of all....

we are all saints fans, and i reckon i will hug about 1000 saints fans after the game.... If i happen to hug you, you can follow me around.. Ill be pissed

matrix
Saintsational Legend

firstly
great avatar markinUSA 8-)

secondly
well friggin said ace great post (one quoted by solar)

thirdly
another great idea gaz
ill be in melbs on the friday sometime (driving over)
scored the last cheapest room at George Powlett Apartments a block from the back of the G (for friday and saturday night)
a pre GF bbq, drinky, or group hug would be 'tres cool'

if we win im goona hug stinger and then have a cold beer
8-)