Grant Thomas stated...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

“Most of the arguments to which I am party fall somewhat short of being impressive, owing to the fact that neither I nor my opponent knows what we are talking aboutâ€

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

SENsaintsational wrote:The OP needs some correction and clarification.

I believe GT actually said "I'd love to go, but probably not."

I reckon he'd love to be there but with all the likely media attention on him being there, being such a controversial EX coach, would be too much for him to bear, and therefore he would watch it at home.

Unless he finds a way of attending on the quiet.

That's my take, anyway.
thats how i took it too.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Milton66
SS Life Member

Surely he could use some of that $250k he sued the club for to buy a scalped ticket on eBay? :shock:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the good laugh you have given me! :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I would imagine the camera's would pan in on him quite regularly if he attended....

MasonCJ2
Club Player

I think it was AussieRulesOk that said that he couldn't believe this thread is still going. I read it back to front and I have no idea what anything means!!!! What exactly is the argument?! I would say:
1. To me, as a person, Thommo seems like a fair rick that I really wouldn't like;
2. The guy seems to cop a lot for taking the Saints from 15th to 9th to 4th and two prelims that we lost to the two premiership winners.
3. All of the shouldas, couldas, was gonnas about what the club leaders should have done back at that time could easily happen again - history is a bitch. You are only judged by your last game and unfortunately even if we win a flag this year history does not stop there and who knows what would be thought about the current leaders in years to come, or at least for a period.
4. The current leaders have done just a fair job - only 19-0 and 160+ percentage. Could win a flag when that seemed almost impossible, but certainly when you consider where we stand right now as the "best team ever"?. When we should all have the most unbelievable level of pride for our beloved club, why are we arguing about anything!!
5. Therefore, I'm not really barracking for anyone. Does this count? Please lambast me as well. From both sides please.

We are a sniff
Milton66
SS Life Member

MasonCJ2 wrote:I think it was AussieRulesOk that said that he couldn't believe this thread is still going. I read it back to front and I have no idea what anything means!!!! What exactly is the argument?! I would say:
1. To me, as a person, Thommo seems like a fair rick that I really wouldn't like;
2. The guy seems to cop a lot for taking the Saints from 15th to 9th to 4th and two prelims that we lost to the two premiership winners.
3. All of the shouldas, couldas, was gonnas about what the club leaders should have done back at that time could easily happen again - history is a bitch. You are only judged by your last game and unfortunately even if we win a flag this year history does not stop there and who knows what would be thought about the current leaders in years to come, or at least for a period.
4. The current leaders have done just a fair job - only 19-0 and 160+ percentage. Could win a flag when that seemed almost impossible, but certainly when you consider where we stand right now as the "best team ever"?. When we should all have the most unbelievable level of pride for our beloved club, why are we arguing about anything!!
5. Therefore, I'm not really barracking for anyone. Does this count? Please lambast me as well. From both sides please.
If we win it this year... I couldn't give a stuff what happens in the next 20 TBH.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
linz
Club Player

santazzi wrote:
joffaboy wrote:And also it proves that RL is a better more passionate Saints man than ZGt as I am sure RL will go to the GF if we make it :wink: :D
I do not think it is possible to say with any degree of certainity that this coach is a pationate Saints man and that one is a pationate Carlton man etc..

What I can say with any confidence is that a coach is pationate or not pationate about football. My usual criterium is that how scholarly a coach is about the game be it history of the game, analysis of the game etc.....

If a coach is pationate about his footy and studies it, analyses it and experiments with the view to improve it then he is a true professional!!!

True professionals are passionate about and love thier charges......what ever club the charges belong to............this in a nut shell is my thought abut coaches and clubs.......!!
Football is all about passion. Football is so many things. To me, it's about winning the flag. Do that, move on & win another one EOS. (end of story)

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.