Crying

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Crying

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:If we win the flag this year i will cry

If we lose the flag this year i will cry

If we get knocked out in a prelim i will cry.

There's been so much heartbreak being a saints fan in the last 5 years, 3 preliminary final losses that rips your heart out.

After our prelim losses i've never cried i've felt so many emotions but there's never been tears this year no matter what the result the season will end in tears, please please let them be tears of joy please.

Will u cry if we win the flag?

yipper
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:The pressure is already starting to get to me and its fkn only round 20.

Its because I am actually...

Nah dont want to say it...

But I believe that we are going to do something very, very good in a few weeks.
This.
This is a different StKilda footy club than the one we all grew up with. They are ready, hungry and committed. Stand by ppl - next month is going to be one hell of a ride.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: Crying

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
gooner wrote:
LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
There's been so much heartbreak being a saints fan in the last 5 years
In the last 5 years?
losing prelims hurts more then finishing on the bottom in my opinion.

Also being born in 84 i don't no alot about the horrible bad years although the early 2000's weren't pretty
I agree 100%

I was born in 1981 and my earliest footy memories are of Essendon, Hawthorn and Carlton fans bagging me at primary school.

When you make prelims the hopes go up and you start dreaming of September glory. I am praying that we can take it this year because, dispite my best efforts to "keep a lid on it" my hopes are sky high and im not sure what ill do if we fail

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
asiu

u big girls underblouse byron

:P

last five minutes of '66 on Youtube yesterday and cried then.

:shock:

oh yea , me 2 , before the dawks game ....got fully moist

but i was primed after listening to the aftermatch celebrations / songs first

how good was it

go sainters

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:u big girls underblouse byron
go sainters
Yeah I know. Luckily I was on my own and no-one else saw me.
I was thinking about my old man, who played for the Saints in the 30's, tearing up the garden path into the house when the 1966 siren went and just about crushing my mum with a bear hug. Then he cam back down to the shed and just stood there in his scarf and beanie crying.

saintnt
Club Player

Cry ....... mmmmm .......

Its already started here. The one year that I will not be able to travel to Melbourne for the GF. Can't help but wonder why they keep telling me that the last thing i am going to want, if I go into labour on GF day is a tv in the labour room. If I have already had the baby, Saints gear is ready and waiting to go, including a saints jumper!!!!!

Anyone want to babysit a new born??????

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i think they get into the ground for free
if he/she comes early enough...grab blankets and ear muffs galore
they could be the youngest person to attend a GF
8-)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintnt wrote:Cry ....... mmmmm .......

Its already started here. The one year that I will not be able to travel to Melbourne for the GF. Can't help but wonder why they keep telling me that the last thing i am going to want, if I go into labour on GF day is a tv in the labour room. If I have already had the baby, Saints gear is ready and waiting to go, including a saints jumper!!!!!

Anyone want to babysit a new born??????
So what have we learned about what we will and wont be doing late Jan NEXT year???;-) 8-) :wink:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I'll be crying even as they run onto the ground on Grand Final day.

I've never recovered from 1997- it was a s---- month, my father died the weekend of the Brisbane final and I had promised him the Saints would win the flag.

Add one dose of bronchitis, grief and the loss against the Crows, I thought if had a cry that night I would never stop. And I lay in bed thinking I will never see them win a flag that how full of despair I felt that night.

May 2009 be the time to heal all those terrible memories of 1997.

Besides, being somewhat sober in demeanour I've promised a lot of people that come the day, I'm going to get absolutely rip roaring inebriated, so it the celebrations had better be at Moorabbin so I can stagger home :D

Taxi :lol:

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

moorabbin? I KNOW ill be there sat. night if we get up. Even if Im the only one, Ill be there, with drinks! :evil:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:I'll be crying even as they run onto the ground on Grand Final day.

I've never recovered from 1997- it was a s---- month, my father died the weekend of the Brisbane final and I had promised him the Saints would win the flag.

Add one dose of bronchitis, grief and the loss against the Crows, I thought if had a cry that night I would never stop. And I lay in bed thinking I will never see them win a flag that how full of despair I felt that night.

Besides, being somewhat sober in demeanour I've promised a lot of people that come the day, I'm going to get absolutely rip roaring inebriated, so it the celebrations had better be at Moorabbin so I can stagger home :D

Sept 27 1997 was Jnr's 7th birthday, he cried for about 2 hours and it would have to be his worst birthday ever.

He somewhat managed to sing the Crows song after the match with tears rolling down his cheeks.

Those who know my son would understand why.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
mick13
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:I'll be crying even as they run onto the ground on Grand Final day.

Sept 27 1997 was Jnr's 7th birthday, he cried for about 2 hours and it would have to be his worst birthday ever.

He somewhat managed to sing the Crows song after the match with tears rolling down his cheeks.

Im 2 weeks older and I can barely remember that day...thankfully.

I enjoyed singing the Saints song proud on my 18th last year after our win against the Pies. Sure I can't remember any of the game, but thats not the point...

Hopefully his 19th will be a little better!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Im 2 weeks older and I can barely remember that day...thankfully.

I enjoyed singing the Saints song proud on my 18th last year after our win against the Pies. Sure I can't remember any of the game, but thats not the point...

Hopefully his 19th will be a little better!
Cheers and lets all hope so!!!!!!!

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

great post Trace. Exactly how I felt after 97 and only one thing can fix it.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

We have proven to be the best team this year.....

We deserve to win the thing....

Does not seem right that we can still have it all ripped away....

The Butterfly feeling in the gut just intensifies with each passing week....

Excitement,calmness,trepadation,nervousness,confidence,all these emotions flood over me every time i think about the week's ahead.

Please...Please...Oh Please let it be our year....

I wanna cry......................TEAR'S OF JOY.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
saintdooley wrote: but in all seriousness, if we dont make the GF i will be angry, so angry i would be ashamed to be seen in my saints gear.
You seriously need to have a think before you type Dools....you dont actually mean that do you??????

Oh and just on the "getting smashed to celebrate" thing..Im not going to. I love a drink as much as the next person, but the last thing I want to is to have ANY part of the memory of a flag win obliterated by a crateful of grog and a hangover. Ive waited 40 years for it and it might not happen again in my lifetime..I can drink anytime and theres no way that any alcohol (or anything else lol) could make feel as good as a flag would. If anything will need iot more before the game to calm the nerves lol

Back on topic tho..umm yeah..look out if you are anywhere near me..will be a total mess :oops:
mate, trust me. any team that wins 19 games in a row and doesnt even make the GF deserves to be merged with darwin or somewhere.
but lets not look on the dark side, we wont not make it. we will be there, vs Geelong, and win by 4 goals. im a psychic, i just know :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintnt
Club Player

saint66au wrote
So what have we learned about what we will and wont be doing late Jan NEXT year???

Hubby not impressed, as he isn't allowed anywhere near me in December and January in future :wink:

asiu

good call

strategic call , power call , endgame call

Saints94
SS Life Member

I would cry easily im an emotional bloke when it comes to St.Kilda, I wear my heart on my sleeve :wink: :)

Beej
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
gazrat wrote:u big girls underblouse byron
go sainters
Yeah I know. Luckily I was on my own and no-one else saw me.
I was thinking about my old man, who played for the Saints in the 30's, tearing up the garden path into the house when the 1966 siren went and just about crushing my mum with a bear hug. Then he cam back down to the shed and just stood there in his scarf and beanie crying.
:)

Whoever said that football was just a game obviously had no idea what they were talking about.

MasonCJ2
Club Player

OzRules - that's a great post. May we win for all of these individual stories of need, want, hope and trust. We all deserve it, some really deserve it more than others, but we are all on here because we have that undying love for this club. I hope it's your time.

I'm not a constant poster, but if you did notice I'm definitely not the rainbows and lollipops kind-of supporter. I worry, I fret, I don't let the lid off. But there is something extraordinarily different with this team. To those worrying about the Saints not making a Prelim worry not - a loss could unleash fury from the heavens or the depths. For a worrier, I have an enormous amount of faith in this team. I can't guarantee a flag, but this is not the 1997 team. The result COULD be the same, but we will shake it to the wire.

I actually don't think the Geelong game was the turner - it was the three weeks that followed - we had every right to have a downer in the West and that has shown that you can't just wander over there and win. The Dogs and Crows games left me with an absolute faith. The Hawks game only enhanced that feeling.

We are a sniff
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:I enjoyed singing the Saints song proud on my 18th last year after our win against the Pies. Sure I can't remember any of the game, but thats not the point...
Birthday Buddies! 8-)

If we win the flag will I be crying? Probably not, far too elated.

However after the initial celebrating while looking back on the day I reckon I'll choke up a bit. And then a bit more if Maxy calls it a day.