Gwilt reported

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bristol_saint
Club Player

I think I have found our problem; as reported on afl.com.au:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
The match review panel will not pursue any further action on contact between Carlton’s Aaron Joseph and Geelong’s Gary Ablett after receiving evidence from the star Cat.
I take it that the receiving of evidence was in some form (physical and paper like) that it could be received...:shock: what sort of evidence did they receive? Did we have a chance at offering 'evidence' to the MRP? Perhaps that's what we need to do! none of this listening to good reason/cause oh and that thing called common sense.

Boot to Ball....GOAL!!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

its a changed game huh....

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

matrixcutter wrote:

Seeing that the guy in the first scene never walked again, it's probably not a bad thing.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:

And for the better.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hey cant argue there
some of those bumps are just nasty and uncalled for

roos (from the crows) are absolute rippers tho....i have to admit that

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

James turned 23 today.

Happy birthday mate, I hope you got something better than that crap the match review panel handed out! :?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

appy birfday Jimmy 8-)

ace
Saintsational Legend

I am totally disgusted.
Gwilt has been tricked into pleading guilty to a charge of which he was innocent.
Gwilt had both feet planted and braced for the impact which was caused by Jordan Lewis' momentum and Lewis trying to run through with the ball and with his head down.
Gwilt has no duty to let Lewis run past.
In basketball the correct call would be a personal foul on Lewis for charging.

The short term thinking so prevalent in football encourages players to accept future demit points in return for a 25% discount and the guarantee to keep playing.
The future downside is ignored.
Should Gwilt commit a genuine offence in the next 4 weeks he will effectively have his penalty increased by an extra week due to 93.75 carry over points.
This could cause him to miss the grand final.

Umpire Rosebury may be excused for making the report so that it could be looked at, but as Tim Lane said when they replayed it "He stood pretty much stock still, he didn't...." and Robert Walls replied " I agree with you Tim, I agree with you Tim, I think OK to put in the report but I don't think much will come of it.

But this allowed the Match Review Panel of dubious integrity, and maybe more concerned with the AFL image than with honesty, to maintain the charge.
The charge should have been thrown out.
It should definitely have been taken to the tribunal.

Should Gwilt miss this or a future grand final due to a future offence and an extra weeks suspension, this false charge would be raised.
It would then be brushed off by an escapee from a toilet bowl arrogantly saying "but Gwilt pleaded guilty, it is not the AFL's fault".

Gwilt free for Bombers after early plea
11:34 AM Tue 11 August, 2009ST KILDA’S James Gwilt is free to play against Essendon this week after accepting a reprimand for making forceful contact with Hawthorn’s Jordan Lewis on Saturday.

Gwilt was reported for bumping Lewis from front-on in the third quarter of St Kilda's 25-point win in Launceston, but was offered a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record.

He accepted the sanction, meaning he will not miss any matches and will be available for the Docklands' clash against the Bombers on Sunday.

Gwilt's was only case to warrant further action after Hawk Campbell Brown, Carlton’s Aaron Joseph and Port Adelaide’s Robbie Gray were all cleared by the match review panel after assessing incidents from the weekend's matches.

As a result, no tribunal sitting will be required on Tuesday night.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
golden hawk
Club Player

what if he did appeal would he get off ? or would he cop a week ?? what is the lesser evil ??

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
claystreet
Club Player

I got the feeling Jimmies definately playing this week thats why they copped the smack on the a$$ and moved on

8-)

golden hawk
Club Player

claystreet wrote:I got the feeling Jimmies definately playing this week thats why they copped the smack on the a$$ and moved on

8-)
yes he will be playing i would rather that then not playing that is for sure !

ace
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:
claystreet wrote:I got the feeling Jimmies definately playing this week thats why they copped the smack on the a$$ and moved on

8-)
yes he will be playing i would rather that then not playing that is for sure !
Yes, but he cops 93.75 points towards any future offence.
All the club has done is defer the time when he will have to cop a one week suspension for this ridiculous report.

At the moment the risk of a lost game merely gives him a rest as St Kilda is already 3 games clear with a massive percentage advantage.
St Kilda is already minor premiers.

When Gwilt eventually has to serve those 93.75 points, effectively a week, he may well be desperately needed.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
golden hawk
Club Player

he is a good honest player who i have never seen punch anyone there is a good chance he will lose those points with no onter incident i have seen stupid reports done to my guys that others have got off or not even reported get done for a week up to 3 weeks !
it seemed to me at this time if a hawk player did something no matter what he would cop a week at the minimum , now if my guy had done something he should not have i was fine with it maybe not happy but he did the crime so he has to pay the time sort of thing but if they had done some thing that all do and all others don't get reported or if they do they get off and my guy did not i was not happy at all .
twice last year a couple of hawks got reprimanded we wanted to challenge it but it was close to finals and chances of copping a week if challenged the risk was there we had lost some earlier in 08 so they did not want to take the chance , this would probably be the same with your guys if start of season they may have challenged but now at the pointy end they won't , if he had got a week you may have found they may have but seeing he is playing they won't risk it .

i hope i made sense ??