St Kilda / Sandringham alliance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Splayd
Club Player

St Kilda / Sandringham alliance

I've watched the Hawks/Saints games a few times now because I was just amazed at the way the incoming players slottted in and played to a role. Something I haven't seen too often at the club.

Ball knew what to do but...

Armo played Hayes' role to perfection (IMHO)
Steven/Begley and Eddy contributed either very well or at least didn't do anything terrible.

When I lived in Melbourne I used to go to see Casey play when we were aligned with them but obviously where I am now I can't go see Sandy play at all (pity, great ground)

My question for the foumites as one so far away is...

Do Lyon and Andy Lovell work closely together and does Sandy try to play a similar style to St. Kilda? I know this was generally not the case at the Scorpions. Does Lovell play the players that are pushing for a spot in the seniors (Backups to Hayes etc...) in similar roles as if they were a genuine reserves side?

Is Lovell down at the Saints much?

The biggest change for me seems to be the entire playing list playing under one set of rules and gameplan wheras when we were aligned with Casey it seemed not the case.

Obviously the partnership has been successful thusfar but do any of you think it is a major reason for being able to slot players in and out of roles and Lyon has confidence to send Ball, Milne and Dal back to Sandy to 'learn a role' under Lovell?

It is stating the bleeding obvious but having grown up in Sandy I never understood why we weren't alligned with them in the first place. Not that I am knocking Casey but there has always been a stronghold of Saints supporters down that way.

Cheers.

Gathering converts in Frogland..
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda / Sandringham alliance

Splayd wrote:

My question for the foumites as one so far away is...

Do Lyon and Andy Lovell work closely together and does Sandy try to play a similar style to St. Kilda? I know this was generally not the case at the Scorpions. Does Lovell play the players that are pushing for a spot in the seniors (Backups to Hayes etc...) in similar roles as if they were a genuine reserves side?
YES, Ross & Andy work closely together. Andy is a full-time development coach at THE SAINTS & part-time at Sandy. I think part of the agreement is that the SAINTS coach has a major say in the positional placement of listed players. Andy is also seen in the SAINTS coaches box when there isn't a clash

Is Lovell down at the Saints much?

See Above

!!

Cheers.

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

ace
Saintsational Legend

When St Kilda moved to Moorabbin the surrounding area became a St Kilda supporter stronghold.
I was a kid living in Bentleigh at the time.
I had never been interested in football before the Saints became my "home team".

The problem was that those *%#@ Melbourne Demons had the surrounds as part of their metropolitan zone.

Kids who grew up within walking distance of the Moorabbin ground were zoned to Melbourne.

Now Melbourne is again sticking their pitchfork in St kilda's territory in Casey.
The sooner these evil doers are forced to go to West Sydney the better.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

In regard to your question Splayd, I would say that the Sandy game plan in no way resembles the Saints one.

I've seen half a dozen Sandy games this year and they are very pedestrian.

All St Kilda listed players train at Moorabbin and it is obviously this training, and the closeness of the group, that has led to the superlative teamwork this year.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Sandy game plan.."Kick it to Saunter"

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor