St Kilda sizes up McMahon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shades
Club Player

St Kilda sizes up McMahon

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 22,00.html

TEN days ago Jordan McMahon achieved every player's dream by kicking the winning goal after the siren at the MCG to guide lowly Richmond to its fifth victory of the season.

Next year he could be playing for his third club, the 2009 premiership favourite, St Kilda.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

This Greg Denham must be on some powerful drugs
While neither the Tigers nor the Saints have been in direct contact over McMahon's future, it is understood both clubs could mutually decide the fate of the 26-year-old, who was the Bulldogs' first selection, at No10 overall, in the 2000 national draft.

Says it all Greg has just pulled this from his ass. McHon is a dud of the highest order, can't kick can't tackle can't run, can't play and is on $320,000 a year.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Tigers and Bullies fans have never rated him, I guess if it happened we would have to trust in the club if they think hes worth it.

BUT we going to have salary cap issues after winning the premiership, so how could we fit him in? Trade for who? :wink:

Before Im 85
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:This Greg Denham must be on some powerful drugs
While neither the Tigers nor the Saints have been in direct contact over McMahon's future, it is understood both clubs could mutually decide the fate of the 26-year-old, who was the Bulldogs' first selection, at No10 overall, in the 2000 national draft.

Says it all Greg has just pulled this from his ass. McHon is a dud of the highest order, can't kick can't tackle can't run, can't play and is on $320,000 a year.
As much as i cant stand greg denham these reporters dont just pull these things from their arse. This may or not happen and if we do get him he isnt going to be on anywhere near the money he gets now. Also I think he is just a player but there wouldnt be many on here who thought King, MG Ray and Zac would work out. Apart from of course our champion hindsight guys.

jk23
Club Player

I work with alot of doggie supporters and they always want to bag Farren Ray saying his is dud etc , I just say to them have you got anymore we can take of your hands?? they cannot handle the fact that he is playing well at our club..

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Denham is either spot on with this or is wrong.

jay young
Club Player

Hes about as good as Aaron fiora thats ok not great maybe him and first round draft pick for X clarke or L ball

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Clearly a story put about by his manager to boost his pay negotiations at the Tigers. Won't be at the Saints.

ace
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:Hes about as good as Aaron fiora thats ok not great maybe him and first round draft pick for X clarke or L ball
Maybe if they threw in Jack Riewoldt we could do a trade ........ and then we delist McMahon. :P

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:...Maybe if they threw in Jack Riewoldt we could do a trade ........ and then we delist McMahon. :P
Yep. Sounds good to me.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Denham is either spot on with this or is wrong.

How's the weather on the fence you're sitting on? :D

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Hard to see us wasting a spot on our list for him, would be dissapointing if true.

I love this club
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
fingers wrote:Denham is either spot on with this or is wrong.

How's the weather on the fence you're sitting on? :D
It's either raining or it's not. Sometimes it's sunny and sometimes not.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

No thanks, he is useless...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Which aspect of our current team would he strengthen? I can't see any possible use for him whatsoever, other than to run around for the Zebras in case we have another 2006-07 run with injuries.

I do get the sense that the club administration is pretty pleased with its recent record in making use of recycled players: Gardi, King, Schneider, Dempster, Ray, Dawson. However, this doesn't mean that we have to pursue this route every season. There is a little thing called the draft to consider as well.

I hope Messrs Drain and co haven't totally forgotten that the club has three very promising first round draft picks (Armo, McEvoy and Lynch) who are striving to become regular first teamers and also other promising picks in Steven, Stanley, etc.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Clearly a story put about by his manager to boost his pay negotiations at the Tigers. Won't be at the Saints.
Is this the comedy hour? $320,000. I am a better player than this guy. Get me a trial at the saints.

No way jose! Saints have enough salary cap issues on their plate (Luke Ball for instance).

Does make you think - with the Leagues salary cap rule (95% or whatever it is) how many total dud Tigers/Demons players have been getting paid $300k-$500k + and for how long? Scary!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what the hell would we want that dead-wood for?

pass

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

If he came to the Saints, RL would turn him into a player, like Ray, like Schneider, like a whole heap of players considered OK but mentally weak at their original clubs.

Clubs with strong work ethic cultures like the Saints bring out the best in players from clubs that dont have our ethos (or trademark :wink: )

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Another 26-year old?

Poppycock.

Will. Not. Happen.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Rather re draft Robert Harvey...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:If he came to the Saints, RL would turn him into a player, like Ray, like Schneider, like a whole heap of players considered OK but mentally weak at their original clubs.

Clubs with strong work ethic cultures like the Saints bring out the best in players from clubs that dont have our ethos (or trademark :wink: )
he is 26! ray was only 22 and was always a gun. Schneider was on 23 and already a premiership player.

apples and oranges. this is clearly a hoax. we have begley who is only 23 - probably gets paid minimum wage - and has heaps more upside/improvement in him than mcmahon.

roxanne
Club Player

Can't even get a regular game at the Tigers. If he's no use to them, he's no use to us. And frankly one more bloke who can't kick in the team would send me over the edge. To use one of my grandmother's favourite words - it's a lot of hooey!

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
Batnoe

A 3rd world's gram

hack at highest order

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:A 3rd world's gram

hack at highest order
Nice analysis! :D

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else reckon he looks a bit Pirates of the Carribean era Johnny Deppish? Together with Chance Bateman (aka Ben Stiller) and with some suggesting Anthony Ebert having a head the size of Shrek's there's some kind of Hollywood influence beginning to permeate...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'