Grand final tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

howlinwolf
Club Player

Grand final tickets

I know this may seem premature but we will be in tassie on holidays up until the thursday before the GF.

Can anyone tell me how the tickets are offered to Social Club members ?
Via post ?
And when do they offer them ?
Could i respond and buy them from Tassie ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

If you are a social club member, then you will have the opportunity to purchase 1 ticket per membership to the GF. On the monday before the Prelim final, you will have to ring TM and pay a small booking fee which will guarantee you your ticket should we make it. If we make it your credit card will then be used to complet the booking and the ticket will be sent to you.

Hope this makes some sense

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Normally they send you something about 3 weeks before the gf. You have to actually register that you are going to want a gf ticket. It costs to register and it is done through ticketmaster. If we dont make it you lose your money. I think the fee was about 15

matrix
Saintsational Legend

thanks MadDog
i wasnt sure 'when' u had to ring up showing interest for the GF and register your barcode.

8-)

ace
Saintsational Legend

My information may have been wrong - Deleted
Last edited by ace on Wed 12 Aug 2009 1:58am, edited 3 times in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bozza1980
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:If you are a social club member, then you will have the opportunity to purchase 1 ticket per membership to the GF. On the monday before the Prelim final, you will have to ring TM and pay a small booking fee which will guarantee you your ticket should we make it. If we make it your credit card will then be used to complet the booking and the ticket will be sent to you.

It'll be the Monday after we qualify for the Prelim Final, ie if we qualify after winning a semi final we will need to register our intent the Monday prior to Prelim like last year, however if we qualify after winning the qualifying final we register the Monday before the semi finals.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

someone just do a massive capital letters thread when the time comes lol

AlpineStars
Club Player

It could be one of the hardest years ever to get a ticket, in 97 the asking price from scalpers was around $1000, imagine if we did get to the GF without dropping a game they would be like gold.

Wake me up when September ends.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Even though last year it was through TM, I logged on and registered the bar codes through the internet.
If you can enter up to eight barcodes correctly on the phone, good luck, but at least with the internet it would tell you to enter the correct information.

At least one week for registration, check you Ticktek registration details are correct so you don't have to muck around on registration day

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

AlpineStars wrote:It could be one of the hardest years ever to get a ticket, in 97 the asking price from scalpers was around $1000, imagine if we did get to the GF without dropping a game they would be like gold.
:cry:

So is there any way to get a ticket if you don't have social or AFL membership? Im just a normal club member this year, and couldn't bare to miss the GF. I have saved a solid amount of funds over the past few months just incase. So (without sounding like a d**khead) the funds arn't an issue, but as to where/how to get a hold of a gf ticket (if we were to make it is), anyone clear me up on my options, if there are any??

All tickets just seem to be allocated to coporate functions, clubs, members.

Carpe Diem
mullet
Saintsational Legend

If money is no object then you should keep your eye out for packages. ie it includes luncheons etc and very pricey but may be the only way to get there if you arent a sc member. I would start looking around now.

saintm
Club Player

Unforgiven wrote:
AlpineStars wrote:It could be one of the hardest years ever to get a ticket, in 97 the asking price from scalpers was around $1000, imagine if we did get to the GF without dropping a game they would be like gold.
:cry:

So is there any way to get a ticket if you don't have social or AFL membership? Im just a normal club member this year, and couldn't bare to miss the GF. I have saved a solid amount of funds over the past few months just incase. So (without sounding like a d**khead) the funds arn't an issue, but as to where/how to get a hold of a gf ticket (if we were to make it is), anyone clear me up on my options, if there are any??

All tickets just seem to be allocated to coporate functions, clubs, members.
Have seen AFL Centre Square advertised on FOX Sports (I think) which I gather provides Grand Final packages.

May need to do a bit of "googling".
Last edited by saintm on Tue 11 Aug 2009 10:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:If money is no object then you should keep your eye out for packages. ie it includes luncheons etc and very pricey but may be the only way to get there if you arent a sc member. I would start looking around now.
yeah I will do, thanks for the heads up. Otherwise my plan is to dress up as a Ninja, and after the game against the Dees in round 22, put on my stealth and blend in with the mcg, awaiting the GF.

Carpe Diem
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:
mullet wrote:If money is no object then you should keep your eye out for packages. ie it includes luncheons etc and very pricey but may be the only way to get there if you arent a sc member. I would start looking around now.
yeah I will do, thanks for the heads up. Otherwise my plan is to dress up as a Ninja, and after the game against the Dees in round 22, put on my stealth and blend in with the mcg, awaiting the GF.
St kilda are offering a brunch function with prices starting from $1,500

http://www.saints.com.au/grand%20final% ... fault.aspx

CH Nine- $1,395

one of the on-sellers
AST sports tours
http://www.astsports.com.au/afl/afl_grand_final

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint_kiki
Club Player

Wish I had seen the saints package earlier. I got a Brisbane Lions package through the travel agent. It included my accomodation and grand final dinner. I'm so excited, its going to be my first time to Melbourne. I'm just hoping I can get TFS finale tickets to top it off

Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours
benengel14
Club Player

saint_kiki wrote:Wish I had seen the saints package earlier. I got a Brisbane Lions package through the travel agent. It included my accomodation and grand final dinner. I'm so excited, its going to be my first time to Melbourne. I'm just hoping I can get TFS finale tickets to top it off
You'll be able to get them no worries, went to the TFS finale in either 2004/5 I think (back when eddy was there). They're usually released a bit sooner than they actually announce on the show. So check the website around 7/8pm of the night of the release. Hundreds of tickets end up on ebay. But you wont have dramas finding one on ticketek as long as you pounce on them within an hour or so being of being released.
Last edited by benengel14 on Tue 11 Aug 2009 11:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

benengel14
Club Player

bozza1980 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:If you are a social club member, then you will have the opportunity to purchase 1 ticket per membership to the GF. On the monday before the Prelim final, you will have to ring TM and pay a small booking fee which will guarantee you your ticket should we make it. If we make it your credit card will then be used to complet the booking and the ticket will be sent to you.

It'll be the Monday after we qualify for the Prelim Final, ie if we qualify after winning a semi final we will need to register our intent the Monday prior to Prelim like last year, however if we qualify after winning the qualifying final we register the Monday before the semi finals.
Yup sounds right. I think registration last year closes aroudn 5/6pm on the Monday, so you've got an 8 hour window to jump online or call up the number.
They'll send you a letter, and email, it will be on the saints website and plastered around here as well. Absolutely impossible to miss it.

saint_kiki
Club Player

benengel14 wrote:
saint_kiki wrote:Wish I had seen the saints package earlier. I got a Brisbane Lions package through the travel agent. It included my accomodation and grand final dinner. I'm so excited, its going to be my first time to Melbourne. I'm just hoping I can get TFS finale tickets to top it off
You'll be able to get them no worries, went to the TFS finale in either 2004/5 I think (back when eddy was there). They're usually released a bit sooner than they actually announce on the show. So check the website around 7/8pm of the night of the release. Hundreds of tickets end up on ebay. But you wont have dramas finding one on ticketek as long as you pounce on them within an hour or so being of being released.
Thanks for that info! I'll be on to it. Any other saintsationalists planning on going? Heading to melb on my own so would be good to spot some other sainters at these things.

Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

found this document that has a list of some on the onsellers
http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/2009/20 ... 310709.doc

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Snakeman66
Club Player

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I remembered the registration fee had gone right down from a couple of years previous
Ticketmaster will not charge members for tickets; however the $3 registration fee paid at the time of registration is retained to cover administration costs.
new ticketing agency but will be interesting to see what it is this year-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saint_kiki wrote:
benengel14 wrote:
Thanks for that info! I'll be on to it. Any other saintsationalists planning on going? Heading to melb on my own so would be good to spot some other sainters at these things.
Possibility here - IF we make the big one...id like to be at as much as possible....what better way to remember it!!

“Yeah….nah””
ace
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:

I will let you in on a secret but don't tell anyone. :roll:
The MCG catering uniforms get washed by my local laundrette.
It is on the south side of Carlisle Street very close to Acland Street - where else but in St Kilda.
You might need to check out the sort of ID the Spotless people wear in the earlier weeks of the finals.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ive booked a room one block from the back of the G for the nights of the 25th and 26th september....just in case something is on that weekend

8-)

ill be driving over early friday morn 4am-ish and sleeping all day and night and then up at a sparrows fart on saturday :)
back to the room for a replay on fox saturday evening
check out sunday before ten then have till the 30th at 4pm to be back at work
could be tricky :P

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Prices released today - 14th

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY