My Final 8 Guess

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

My Final 8 Guess

This was a silly exercise that I used to do after each win in the 60s once "the pink" arrived. Just to show that I haven't improved much since then, here is my guess:

Saints 22 wins
Cats 17 wins
Woods 16 wins
Lions 14.5 wins
Blues 14 wins
Bulldogs 14 wins
Hawks 11 wins
Crows 11 wins

(BTW:We meet the Blues in the Prelim and the Bulldogs in the GF, which we win by 55 points.)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: My Final 8 Guess

perfectionist wrote:This was a silly exercise that I used to do after each win in the 60s once "the pink" arrived. Just to show that I haven't improved much since then, here is my guess:

Saints 22 wins
Cats 17 wins
Woods 16 wins
Lions 14.5 wins
Blues 14 wins
Bulldogs 14 wins
Hawks 11 wins
Crows 11 wins

(BTW:We meet the Blues in the Prelim and the Bulldogs in the GF, which we win by 55 points.)

Agree top four.

Hawks won't win all three, so can't get to eleven IMO.

I reckon Carlton are the smokie from outside the four. I have Cats dropping out in straight sets (quite possibly wishful thinking). In my mind's eye I see Pies faltering (losing winnable games syndrome) and have us playing Carlton in the big one.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Raven
Club Player

Are you guys joking, or do you seriously rate Carlton that highly? They're still a year or two off IMO.

mick13
Club Player

Raven wrote:Are you guys joking, or do you seriously rate Carlton that highly? They're still a year or two off IMO.
What did you make of them beating Geelong on Friday night...?

Agreed though, they'll be elim/semi final this year. And probably a decent flag chance in 2-3 years. They really need a decent defender though. Jarred Waite is a massive loss for them, and one of the few players I actually like from Cartlon.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

mick13 wrote:
Raven wrote:Are you guys joking, or do you seriously rate Carlton that highly? They're still a year or two off IMO.
What did you make of them beating Geelong on Friday night...?

Agreed though, they'll be elim/semi final this year. And probably a decent flag chance in 2-3 years. They really need a decent defender though. Jarred Waite is a massive loss for them, and one of the few players I actually like from Cartlon.
I Thought it showed how much cats have dropped off(hopefully for good) rather than the blues improvement. I can now see us beating any side comfortably baring injuries. Now is the only time i've actually thought we would win the flag rather than just hoped

saints11
Club Player

My Final 8 was
1. St Kilda 22 Wins
2. Geelong 19 Wins
3. Collingwood 15 Wins
4. Brisbane 14.5 Wins
5. Adelaide 14 Wins
6. Western Bulldogs 12 Wins
7. Carlton 12 Wins
8. Port Adelaide 11 Wins