Kellie Underwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:photoshopped...
Women like shopping.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SaintDebi
Club Player

I haven't liked her and was disappointed to find her calling our game today, but by quarter time I found I wasn't even noticing her. So I guess she obviously wasn't as bad as I expected her to be.

saintwill66
Club Player

Can't stand her "blokey" voice and cliches - listen to her and you can imagine hat she has been brought up on horse racing, wouldn't surprise to learn that her old man was a racecaller, or a jockey maybe!

"AND THEYRE RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:I haven't liked her and was disappointed to find her calling our game today, but by quarter time I found I wasn't even noticing her. So I guess she obviously wasn't as bad as I expected her to be.

yep me too......either she grows on you.......but so do warts......

...or the game was so enthralling you stopped noticing here....probably a bit of both imho.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
oneteam
Club Player

mullet wrote:I think she tries too hard to be one of the boys. If she just called the game I could maybe get used to her voice but it would be hard.

She just makes all the blokey cliches sound so lame.

Sorry bring on Richo he is grouse
I was counting the cliches. 5000 a minute.And the ocker accent seems faked.

Otherwise good. no cliches and drop the ocker note, and she'd be good.

Shaggy
Club Player

I am impressed she does her homework on the players and gives back ground. Most commentators dont.

She is going to be better than most with experience.

I like her and hope she keeps the same attitude to learning and delivering.

avid
Club Player

She's not brilliant, but she's good, and I'm a fan.
Good, crisp, non-hysterical calling. Well researched and observed. And then that gem -- "A nightmare for Buddy: toothless and goalless".
Clearly she has a future.

Scoop
Club Player

stinger wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:I haven't liked her and was disappointed to find her calling our game today, but by quarter time I found I wasn't even noticing her. So I guess she obviously wasn't as bad as I expected her to be.

yep me too......either she grows on you.......but so do warts......

...or the game was so enthralling you stopped noticing here....probably a bit of both imho.....
I'm with both of you here....I thought today was her best effort by far and much better than her co-commentator Tim Lane. Then again, I can't stand Tim Lane, so maybe I'm not being totally objective in my assessment.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
doggerel
Club Player

I just think a shelia's voice over the footy just doesn't sound right. It's grating - I don't care who it is. I know there is probably not anything fundamentally, wrong - that it is just a matter of conditioning. But I for one would be happy not to be a trail balzer in this respect and have my footy called by a bloke.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
doggerel
Club Player

I just think a shelia's voice over the footy just doesn't sound right. It's grating - I don't care who it is. I know there is probably not anything fundamentally, wrong - that it is just a matter of conditioning. But I for one would be happy not to be a trail balzer in this respect and have my footy called by a bloke.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
SaintDebi
Club Player

doggerel wrote:I just think a shelia's voice over the footy just doesn't sound right. It's grating - I don't care who it is. I know there is probably not anything fundamentally, wrong - that it is just a matter of conditioning. But I for one would be happy not to be a trail balzer in this respect and have my footy called by a bloke.
You obviously feel strongly about this, but you only had to post it once to make your point! :wink: :lol:

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Her 'ocka' voice isn't put on, she's just a girl who loves her footy, knows a fair bit about it & can handle working in the blokeiest of bloke's worlds.

People have been very harsh on Kelli & most of it is the pretty predictable 'a sheila's voice just isn't right' rubbish. Stop dragging you knuckles & give the girl a go.

Thank christ Channel 10 sent her & not Quarterbrain to the Hawthorn love in that was today's telecast.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

To me, it sounded like a woman at the footy who is a devout supporter of her team - or in other words, she knows her s***.

I honestly don't get the crap she cops. today was, granted, the first time I have ever experienced her commentary but it was really refreshing IMO. I thought she did a good job.

Well done Kelli!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

had some changes in tone and pitch today which was previously lacking, made her call a lot better than previous matches imo. She was god awefull in her match which I watched.

Owen
Club Player

Oh thank GOODNESS there are some like minded individuals on this forum .. well done for starting this thread I couldn't agree more about the KU today ..

To repeat .. she was clean, unbiased and without the ridiculous bias, melodrama and unnecessary histrionics of pLane & Balls ...

Liked her a lot today ... didn't make me wanna punch the TV like the other two .. and yes her voice is developing more and more each week ..

She's a long way from a Cometti or McAvaney .. but all power to her I like her ..

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

She's appalling to listen to and her journalistic efforts are even worse.

Thank god they had the volume turned down at The Waterside today.

Pathetic - ony reason she got a gig was becuase of Huddo doing the swimming in Rome

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

It could have been worse....

Channel 10 may well have experimented with Christi Malthouse as a commentator...imagine her at a magpies game...she would have been a bigger wanker than McGuire

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Rowdy
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:I posted this somewhere else but her line about Buddy "Toothless and goalless". That is commentary gold.
:D

Still not a fan, but she is growing on me.

"Our season is still alive," Lyon said. "It's not the end for Robert."

Harvey's mates stood listening to those words, perhaps planning to keep the AFL's longest career lingering a while yet. Then turned into softcocks and blew it YET again.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Just watched the replay and thought she was fantastic.

Keep her on, ten.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

i thought she was competent without being amazing, but that's all i want from my commentators. they can't all be cometti, but at least they can avoid being dwayne russell!

PJ
SS Life Member

Kellie U - the next Bruce Mc

"Delicious"

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

She seems to go about her job with no fuss or fanfare. She just calls the game without trying to sound like the "Tome of AFL Wisdom & Knowledge" (ala. Walls & Lane)
Mrs BF said she found Kelli's voice aggravating at 1st(I tend to agree) but she did grow on us as a result of good calling. I'm more than happy that Kelli's calling games.
I do miss Clinton Grybas, though.... It would have been awesome to have him calling a Saints GF.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I think her problem is her voice shows little emotion. That could be nerves. But nice to have commentary that doesn't have bias. Its also strange listening to a female. But give her time, I think she will be good.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:I am impressed she does her homework on the players and gives back ground. Most commentators dont.

She is going to be better than most with experience.

I like her and hope she keeps the same attitude to learning and delivering.
I had a chat to her at training last Tuesday.

She is keen to know as much as possible about the players and is prepared to talk to supporters to get an insight.

Wants to be an all round sports journalist.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
maverick
Saintsational Legend

I thought she was OK, watching the replay back.

Saw her running the streets of Launnie Sat morning, looked very sporty (and fit) to me as well!!!