My hat off to the St Kilda Board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Peanut
Club Player

My hat off to the St Kilda Board

My hat if off to Greg Westaway and the board for their leadership in strongly supporting Ross Lyon in his early days when he was was struggling to get the players confidence and when his early stages of development was demonstrating very boring and messy outcomes. The uncompromisingly defensive work whilst maintaining confidence in a very offensive game will take other teams at least a couple of years to successfully impliment, just as it has taken us.

The (Footy First) board has supported Ross Lyon and the development of his plan and openly supported him verbally when the world was on his back during the messy stage one period. The board has come to the party with dollars to pay for the necessary staff to be a successful AFL leading team on a limed budget.

Although I strongly supported the 'Footy First' ticket in the beginning, from time to time I have been sceptical of the new board in some ways, including the Greg Westaway style at time, but he does not search for the limelight and can appear to be all walked over by senior management at times and I'm affraid I have been critical.

However, the Westaway style of getting good staff and fully supporting them has made him a successful business man and it is now showing how well it works in the development of a strong and successful modern footy team - no matter what the final outcome will be in on that last day September. We now have every chance to win the flag and the rest lies with our playering group in September.

Thank You - Greg and and your board members.
Thank You - Ross and all the coaching/fitness staff and everyone else involved through to the lady who washes the guernseys.
Thank You - All the players who have moved to another level and given yourselves a chance to make history.
Thank You - Fellow supporters who have stood up and supported the boys.

Go Saints - What a ride

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Thankyou Rod Butterss for sacking Gomer Pyle and appointing Isaac Newton!

FAIR DINKUM!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

PEANUT ?? :shock: Where the hell have you been ?? Nice to see you back! AND, nice summation ! :D

firthy
Club Player

Please don't anybody forget we've done nothing yet -- means nuffin --never get ahead of ourselves-- i repeat we have done nuffin yet -- god love youse sainters

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i'm taking it one week at a time still....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i'm taking it one week at a time still....
Totally agree. I'm to old to take it any other way.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

absolutely correct. BUT, dont make the lifetime mistake of not enjoying the ride people! There IS a middle ground, even though the job isnt done yet.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:absolutely correct. BUT, dont make the lifetime mistake of not enjoying the ride people! There IS a middle ground, even though the job isnt done yet.
You obviously havent sat next to me at the footy or while I watch it on TV. Enjoy every second of the game and immediately after then worry about the finals. Have since we couldnt miss top 4.

gooner
Club Player

On a similar note it was interesting when Verdun Howell was interviewed that he mentioned that he had offered the brownlow to the club under the old board. They weren't interested. :roll:

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Noticed that to gooner. Nice.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:On a similar note it was interesting when Verdun Howell was interviewed that he mentioned that he had offered the brownlow to the club under the old board. They weren't interested. :roll:
Maybe we didnt have the money. Give them a go they got us out of a lot of dept. Why do we bag people as soon as they leave our club. the old board were great for the club any their time as was Gt in his time. We have moved on but why bag them.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:On a similar note it was interesting when Verdun Howell was interviewed that he mentioned that he had offered the brownlow to the club under the old board. They weren't interested. :roll:

think he was referring to that scottish git.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Thankyou Rod Butterss for sacking Gomer Pyle and appointing Isaac Newton!

FAIR DINKUM!
Still bitter??? Typical! :?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: My hat off to the St Kilda Board

The Peanut wrote:My hat if off to Greg Westaway and the board for their leadership in strongly supporting Ross Lyon in his early days when he was was struggling to get the players confidence and when his early stages of development was demonstrating very boring and messy outcomes. The uncompromisingly defensive work whilst maintaining confidence in a very offensive game will take other teams at least a couple of years to successfully impliment, just as it has taken us.

The (Footy First) board has supported Ross Lyon and the development of his plan and openly supported him verbally when the world was on his back during the messy stage one period. The board has come to the party with dollars to pay for the necessary staff to be a successful AFL leading team on a limed budget.

Although I strongly supported the 'Footy First' ticket in the beginning, from time to time I have been sceptical of the new board in some ways, including the Greg Westaway style at time, but he does not search for the limelight and can appear to be all walked over by senior management at times and I'm affraid I have been critical.

However, the Westaway style of getting good staff and fully supporting them has made him a successful business man and it is now showing how well it works in the development of a strong and successful modern footy team - no matter what the final outcome will be in on that last day September. We now have every chance to win the flag and the rest lies with our playering group in September.

Thank You - Greg and and your board members.
Thank You - Ross and all the coaching/fitness staff and everyone else involved through to the lady who washes the guernseys.
Thank You - All the players who have moved to another level and given yourselves a chance to make history.
Thank You - Fellow supporters who have stood up and supported the boys.

Go Saints - What a ride
I agree completely peanut - however unllike you, I didn't support the new board initially. I thought that million dollar profits each year were a good sign, and the Butters board was the first one that consistently had us in the finals.

Happy to admit I was dead wrong. The board have hardly put a foot wrong in my opinion - however the development in Seaford will be interesting.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Thankyou Rod Butterss for sacking Gomer Pyle and appointing Isaac Newton!

FAIR DINKUM!
Still bitter??? Typical! :?
Your kidding right?

We NOW have the best coach in the AFL!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

He specifically mentioned the CEO.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
The Peanut
Club Player

Re: My hat off to the St Kilda Board

Moods wrote: ... however the development in Seaford will be interesting.
Yes Moods, I must admit that I think the move further away from our homelands might have instigated my initial skepticism.

.. and to others - yes the word successful was a bit loose - not meant to be seen as ultimate success.

oneteam
Club Player

. Fraser said no. Nettlefold said yes.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:
Correct.

Shaggy
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:
He specifically mentioned the CEO.
I am glad you show it out.

Mick made a difference and its great that it happens and its acknowledged. MN vs AF - MN is stkilda ... AF is trying to further his career.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
oneteam wrote:
Correct.
they have also picked up the '66 weg and now talk about 'the heritage Museum at seaford" instead of we'll wait and see....

not living in the past - but respecting it whilst moving forward

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
linz
Club Player

Success breeds success.
While we win, we can buy Brownlow memorabilia for our museum.
We can build new training facilities.
We can increase our membership base and by doing so we can entrench our position in this ever-changing competition.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.