Lyon's poor decisions.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Lyon's poor decisions.

rodgerfox wrote:
'Ross' better keep his fingers crossed that our guns stay on the park until late September.

That's when some of his decisions will be tested. Whilst we have the stars out there, none of his poor decisions will even be noticed.

Rodg you never answered my question back as to what Lyon's poor decisions are. Despite being asked several times.

So after the Hawk's game with no Roo, Lenny, Joey, Dal Santo, Gilbert, Sam Fisher and Baker there is now the perfect case study for you do educate us all about Lyon's poor decisions.

We are waiting.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint vince
Club Player

Re: Lyon's poor decisions.

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
'Ross' better keep his fingers crossed that our guns stay on the park until late September.

That's when some of his decisions will be tested. Whilst we have the stars out there, none of his poor decisions will even be noticed.

Rodg you never answered my question back as to what Lyon's poor decisions are. Despite being asked several times.

So after the Hawk's game with no Roo, Lenny, Joey, Dal Santo, Gilbert, Sam Fisher and Baker there is now the perfect case study for you do educate us all about Lyon's poor decisions.

We are waiting.

Post of the year without a doubt.

Go saints.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Reckon the Fox Report might have a bye this week ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

We are waiting.
sRr, I wonder when we're ever going to see the day when you start a positive thread with a title like "Yippee we won!!".

Actually, I do know when. It will be the day before you put up a post on here in which you admit you were wrong about something.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

We are waiting.
You really do love your hindsight posts. I had no problem at all with RL resting players but why be arrogant about it after the result. Surely he is entitled to an opinion even if proved wrong.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

We are waiting.
You really do love your hindsight posts. I had no problem at all with RL resting players but why be arrogant about it after the result. Surely he is entitled to an opinion even if proved wrong.
plugger...

I do believe he was asked the question several times and never responded.

It's not a question of "hindsight" at all IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

come on mofo's !!! Lets all just get on the same page and enjoy the ride !!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:

sRr, I wonder when we're ever going to see the day when you start a positive thread with a title like "Yippee we won!!".

See my post today praising Ben, Steven and Lyon.
As to negative threads..I can't match the venom of your sack Lyon and sacj Schneider masterpieces.

Rodgerfox has stated Lyon has made mistakes.

I am merely asking him to stae what these are.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

You are a dead set flog Plugga.

I have asked Rodgerfox repeatedly to explain what he meant from the time he posted and I am still waiting.

He has clearly avoided answering.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
. Surely he is entitled to an opinion even if proved wrong.
100% agree that he is.

Problem is that he has been asked to explain what his opinion is and has avoided doing so.

So I am asking Rodger to explain exactly what his opinion is....that way we can discuss whether he is right or wrong.

At present he is hiding behind a general rubbishing with no specifics.

So I repeat Plugga...Rodgerfox, what are Lyon's poor decisions?:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:

Actually, I do know when. It will be the day before you put up a post on here in which you admit you were wrong about something.
I as wrong. I forgot about Goddard being missing.

But that just makes my question even more relevant.

kaos theory
Club Player

Well said SR...

Don't expect roger to surface too soon.....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
You are a dead set flog Plugga.
classic.... :lol:

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Lyon has made some poor decisions IMHO!

First of all let me say that I rate him as the best coach in the AFL and did so before this season had started,( yes I am a visonary so that is to be expected ) and found all the numbnut nonsense and dumbed down dingbat drivel that he endured from know nothing nuffies, gimps, gumps, geeks and goofballs in his first two seasons was extremely nauseating,

BUT he has made mistakes, precious few but a couple IMHO,

I did not undertand why Fiora and Birss got gametime ahead of players like Armitage last year,

I saw this as a complete waste of time and space and ultimately, IMHO I was proved right ( once again ) by these two players being delisted at the end of the year,

All year I was annoyed that Fiora and Birss continually were selected ahead of Armitage

Armitage would have benefitted from the extra experience, last year, it was totally wasted on Fiora and Birss,

AND

this year I could not understand how for example Geary and Eddy get selected before him

and it possibly took as many as 7 changes before Armitage gets a game,

IMHO

Armitage is just about on equal terms with Ball for selection right now,

AND will eventually be a Luke Hodge type player and a gun in and under midfielder, with more skills than Ball,

Aside from little issues like this, let's face it Ross Lyon is a football genius

Yes dodgy it's very pleasing that Ross Lyon has maintained all of the basic fundamentals that your hero flog Thomas already had in place, FAIR DINKUM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Give up sRs, not worth it,

Anyone who hasn't figured out that dodgy knows SFA about football, humps a GT inflatable on a weekly basis, just wouldn't get the drum even if they had a brass band up them!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
asiu

in his own preamble (ie rogerfox wrote)

until late September

its august the the 8th and the baying mob looks funny

Raven
Club Player

Actually, if you read RF's post properly, he never actually states Ross Lyon has made mistakes. From my own understanding of what he wrote, he says if our star players don't play, then hypothetically any poor decisions Lyon has made or been making will be exposed. Pretty sure he's not being specific. It's his opinion.

But by all means, keep being negative.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
meher baba wrote:

See my post today praising Ben, Steven and Lyon.
As to negative threads..I can't match the venom of your sack Lyon and sacj Schneider masterpieces.
My sprays, in which I now realize I used unnecessarily intemperate language and was far too quick to pass judgement on Lyon and Schneider, were at least directed at public figures who I felt were taking us backwards.

But why do you and so many others want to spend your time directing tirades at disembodied inhabitants of cyberspace like rodgerfox who, for all any of us know, could be a 93 year old Capuchin monk in Sardinia who just happens to be an online footy fan (and who, on the basis of his reports, seems to understand footy a bit better than many on this forum)?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:in his own preamble (ie rogerfox wrote)

until late September

You Thomas flogs stay thick :P

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
gazrat wrote:in his own preamble (ie rogerfox wrote)

until late September

You Thomas flogs stay thick :P
While you Rix flogs are just thick.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:

My sprays, in which I now realize I used unnecessarily intemperate language and was far too quick to pass judgement on Lyon and Schneider, were at least directed at public figures who I felt were taking us backwards.

But why do you and so many others want to spend your time directing tirades at disembodied inhabitants of cyberspace like rodgerfox
As opposed to your regular sprays at me being?????

Nice to think that you rate me as a "public figure" :wink: But sorry, that is not I.

Besides what tirade of Rodger?

All I asked is for him to explain his statement?

Interesting that you regard that as a tirade.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 08 Aug 2009 8:25pm, edited 2 times in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: rodgerfox who, seems to understand footy a bit better than many on this forum)?
You would say that wouldn't you, considering YOU wanted Lyon sacked in round 6 last year, launched a tirade, called him all manner of names and of all things wanted him replaced with, in your opinion the so called tactical genius Bundy!

BWHAHAHAHAHA........LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously me babble, ever thought of doing stand up!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
meher baba wrote: rodgerfox who, seems to understand footy a bit better than many on this forum)?
You would say that wouldn't you, considering YOU wanted Lyon sacked in round 6 last year, launched a tirade, called him all manner of names and of all things wanted him replaced with, in your opinion the so called tactical genius Bundy!

BWHAHAHAHAHA........LOL

Believe it or not, I have done stand up in front of large audiences, including prime ministers and business leaders.

But that's by the by. My comments about rf's footy insights were serious: his Fox Reports are a bit egotistical, but always worth a read IMO.

Anyway, b4e, let's focus on the positives: you and I seem to have the same view about Eddy. And I'll let you into a secret: I thought Rixy was a bit of a hunk. I didn't say anything about it at the time because I sensed you were the jealous type.

- Jonathan Swift
asiu

:P

i so look forward to getting back here tonight

so good to see you involved andrew

i am so going to enjoy my rack of pork ribs and vodkas

bless :)

so

Milton66
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

BWHAHAHAHAHA........LOL

Believe it or not, I have done stand up in front of large audiences, including prime ministers and business leaders.

But that's by the by. My comments about rf's footy insights were serious: his Fox Reports are a bit egotistical, but always worth a read IMO.

Anyway, b4e, let's focus on the positives: you and I seem to have the same view about Eddy. And I'll let you into a secret: I thought Rixy was a bit of a hunk. I didn't say anything about it at the time because I sensed you were the jealous type.
WTF? :shock:

The Fox Reorts are purely a ramble from some clown who types 2000 words about the blindingly obvious.

Insights? Surely you gest?

Gimme a break. :roll:

RF is the master at throwing handgrenades, then gets his jollies from watching everyone rip each other apart.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

BWHAHAHAHAHA........LOL

meher baba wrote:
I've done stand up with primed sisters and the business with a few beavers, not many in attendance, but it was possibly better that way!