It's 'Make your mind up time' for some of you Sainters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm not surprised at the hysteria being whipped up in the media concerning our team selection for this week. I am amazed however, at some of the stuff being posted on here by our own supporters about our team selections this week. I would dismiss out of hand the post that states that these team changes "will cost us the flag". Personally I don't give a "Blights toss bag" what the media think about us! (never have!) My only priority is getting behind the team!
With the greatest respect folks, some of us need to make our minds up about what we want. (I want a premiership 8-) ) and how it can be achieved. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, and the history of our finals has been one of us "limping into September with injury woes" Until it is proven beyond doubt that the selection panel got it wrong (NO FLAG!) I am prepared to keep my faith in the Coach and his team to manage our season successfully!
Next time the critics want to have a go, I suggest that they take a glance at the ladder! We are guaranteed second spot at least! We will have a home final and with smart management a fully fit squad ready to take the others on!
Oh yeah, and to the person who posted the message about this week "costing us the flag"...what will you say if we WIN?????????

GOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainterman
Club Player

In the end I agree with the OP. I think some of us are disappointed as it would have been nice to wipe the Hawks for 09 (which, granted, is still possible) and to keep that wonderful streak going.

As for the ridiculous posts you have referred to, again I agree, small minded.

Will be great to head into September in good shape for a change, I guess time will tell.

I'm with you though, GO SAINTS!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

18-0 :D :D

18-1 :D 8-)

A big fat WHO CARES?

Why risk any single player when we are here to win a flag not to have a perfect season.

Couldn't care less if we lose all four games coming up and then win three in a row to win the flag.

Some people are hysterics.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Prodgers
Club Player

I don't give a rats if we don't win this week... or the week after... even if we drop a couple of games leading up to the finals.

We need the best and fittest possible side heading into the month of September - if that means resting a few in the next couple of weeks so that these players are 100% and not 75% then so be it.

Perfect season? Who cares... i only want to win one game this year.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Are you suggesting that Lyon is tanking?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Prodgers wrote:I don't give a rats if we don't win this week... or the week after... even if we drop a couple of games leading up to the finals.

We need the best and fittest possible side heading into the month of September - if that means resting a few in the next couple of weeks so that these players are 100% and not 75% then so be it.

Perfect season? Who cares... i only want to win one game this year.
Dropping a few games before the finals may lead to irreversible form problems.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:Are you suggesting that Lyon is tanking?
Hmmm... interesting new concept... TOP side tanking...

Premiers2009
Club Player

Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?
The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine.
It's hard to tell the night time from the day.
And you're losing all your highs and lows
aint it funny how the feeling goes
away...

Desperado

bob__71
Club Player

We will be able to check on these weaknesses that have been covered up by our stars hey Rodg

I think its gonna be an awsome win.

Premiers2009
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
Hmmm... interesting new concept... TOP side tanking...
been saying it for a while. it's called TopGear tanking.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

As I say, if we play the "Best 18" week-in week-out and get top position on the ladder at years end...but on the way to that suffer injuries to key players and enter September with a less than fully fit squad, then the critics will say, if we get eliminated before the GF (or lose the GF) that we should have "managed injuries/list" better.
As I said its "make your mind up time" for some of us!
I want the best chance to win the Flag!!!!!

Premiers2009
Club Player

you're a champ jiggster :arrow: :wink:

spert
Saintsational Legend

I've always said that names or reputations don't count with RL, and the players dropped clearly didn't play as required by the coach last week, so out they go. Hopefully if they train hard enough they will get back in the seniors. It could be that tomorrow's team takes us to a flag.

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

I don't think the jiggster is suggesting that rodge........

Are you?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:
I don't think the jiggster is suggesting that rodge........

Are you?
No, I'm not actually.

At one point last night I thought that it was unfair that Dean Bailey got flogged for not trying to win, but when Lyon left out 6 star players it was considered 'genius'.

Both coaches aren't doing everything within their power to win, in order to gain an advantage for their club.

This is completely against the spirit of the game. In both cases.

However, I fully support Lyon for resting players. Only time will tell if it is the correct decision, however the concept itself is absolutely fine. We play finals in a month, and need to put outrselves in the best possible position to win the flag. If resting players achieves that, then great.
I have no issue whatsoever with it.

Back to the 'tanking' thing. The difference is that we still want to win. Melbourne didn't (if you believe the hype).

Are we doing everything within our power to win? No. However we certainly aren't trying to lose.
Melbourne were.

That's the difference. So no, we aren't tanking.

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Yes time will tell won't it!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

I actually think we will win by about 15 points.

If at the start of the season someone said to me we would be 18-1 in round 19 I would have paid money for it.

All good :)

Trust in Ross and the team.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:I actually think we will win by about 15 points.

If at the start of the season someone said to me we would be 18-1 in round 19 I would have paid money for it.

All good :)

Trust in Ross and the team.
I really think Lyon would be fundamentally against resting players.

I think he's been convinced by someone, that it's a good idea.

At Sydney, the key to their success was their continuity. The same players playing with each other each week. You can't buy that.

That's pretty much the reason for our success this year.

I really think he would very, very reluctantly purposely unsettle the continuity that we've been fortunate enough to have this year.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Here's a thought, they may be legitimate injuries....

Some may be quick to worry about losing to Hawthorn, but my only concern is that these omitted players are OK.

As far as the match goes, I still think we will win.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Re: It's 'Make your mind up time' for some of you Sainters

thejiggingsaint wrote:As I say, if we play the "Best 18" week-in week-out and get top position on the ladder at years end...but on the way to that suffer injuries to key players and enter September with a less than fully fit squad, then the critics will say, if we get eliminated before the GF (or lose the GF) that we should have "managed injuries/list" better.
As I said its "make your mind up time" for some of us!
I want the best chance to win the Flag!!!!!
Amen, jiggster!!
Mate, you'd better be at Livewire next Sunday before the Bombers game.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

G'day Paul! I'll be at "livewire" alright...but how will you recognise me? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

plumtire
Club Player

Its make

Oh You'll be easy to spot mate!!!!!! You'll be either shouting the stadium to drinx or selling bootlaces outside! after a "certain bet :wink: :roll: "

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Its make

As long as the "jigging leg" comes up I'll be happy......and so will Mrs Jigging? :lol:

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

It is all about a coach doing his best for his team...a fairdinkum coach will only do that.

The rules allow Lyon and Bailey to do exactly what they are doing...anything else is just plain crazy for their respective situations now.

Each is coaching well and being clever.

Change the rules if you don't like it...but never expect a coach with integrity to coach against the best interests of his team(within the rules)

One wants a flag and the other wants a future gun in his team...who would really do anything differently?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I think the fact that we are in unchartered waters with the 18-0 start means that comparing us to teams in the recent past is dubious.

In 05 the Swans had only 1 change in the last 10 weeks but they were still fighting for a top 4 spot.

Geelong & St Kilda have the luxury of a guaranteed top 2 finish with a month to go. Both sides will be rotating players to be cherry ripe for Sept. I am surprised to the extent that Ross has done it in one week (probably due to the 2nd week in a row travelling & also that most of the blokes really do have niggles that he's not prepared to risk on a game that may mean very little to us in the long run.)