Fisher and NDS also!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The emergencies are David Armitage, Colm Begley, Nick Heyne....

Does that mean we can name more, if there has already been further omissions before we even get there?

saints11
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:The emergencies are David Armitage, Colm Begley, Nick Heyne....

Does that mean we can name more, if there has already been further omissions before we even get there?
none of those players are similar to fisher so it would be a tough choice

mick13
Club Player

Lol, Miles, Lynch and Goose all picked really bad weeks to get injured.

Jackin' Armo!

So pumped now.

StSteven
Club Player

I don't like this one little bit.

maz1685
Club Player

Does anyone else think that it might have something to do with Hawthorn and the way they play, they are a pretty rough team, or even the ground down in Tassie? I wonder if he's trying to protect some players as well allowing others to overcome niggles. What you think?

MadSaintFan
Club Player

I have no idea why some people are so up in arms over this.
We have top spot effetively tied up and now is the perfect chance to give a few key players who arent 100% a rest.
Its thinking long term, rather than risking further injury by playing them.
Unlike Hawthorn we dont have to win this game to determine our season.

HarveysDeciple

StSteven wrote:I don't like this one little bit.
WHY?

To the top
SS Life Member

"We are not going to needle players up to play" - or words to that effect.

We will go into the finals in top spot - and no doubt there will be players who are needled up once the real season starts.

But for now we have earned the respite of giving our guys the opportunity to enter the first week of the finals series with most players relatively "niggle" free and not copping jabs - or not having had jabs for a couple of weeks.

python
Club Player

in my eyes, it is effectively the same thing as chipping the ball around and wasting the clock when we have the match won, just on a bigger scale. You may want us to attack hawthorn this week with our best team selected (and for all we know, as suspect as it sounds, we may have had 6 injuries this week), but, when we look at the bigger picture, we are trying to win a premiership, and resting players is the way to go. Would anyone complain if this tactic is successful? Of course not, and all this fuss is irrelevant anyway, the way i see it is that the squad we selected may not be better than hawthorn at its peak, but it is still better than port adelaide, and port made hawthorn look terrible last week. Hawthorn have everything to lose this week, and i think that pressure will get to them. Im still quite confident that we will win, we are 18-0 for a reason.