SAINTS hijacking Aurora Stadium !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SAINTS hijacking Aurora Stadium !!

Congrats SAINTS. You have worked this one beautifully.

It is a Hawthorn home game but it will have a real SAINTS feel to it. Our 1966 premiership team are having their reunion in Launceston on Friday night and will be presented to the crowd prior to the game on Saturday (I'm almost sure they will be presented to the players in the rooms as well). Lets hope that this gives our boys a lift that enables them to get off to a great start. The game will definately have a SAINTS feel to it.

There is also the fact that saintsational royalty will be in attendance, near the scoreboard

GO SAINTS !!

TassieJones
Club Player

yeah I reckon we're a good chance to outnumber them. I get the feeling support is stronger for the hawks up around Launny, but down south I'd say there's a lot more Saints around than Hawks. Probs a fair few sainters on the nw coast cause of the Doc as well.

will definitely be a big crowd as well (for the ground obviously) so should be good, especially if we thrash them :D

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Are you suggesting that we have NO fans of any consequence resident in 7250 :?: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

This game has all the right ingredients for some severe payback!!! How fitting would it be if we could extinguish any hope of the Hawks making the finals!!! :twisted: The 66 reunion is just the catalyst needed!!!! :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
TassieJones
Club Player

haha not at all mate, but it definitely seems a lot less friendly up that way for saints fans! maybe they can just sense I'm a southerner

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

From my few years living on and off in Tassie, I have met far more Saints supporters in Tassie than for any other club. This applies possibly even more in the northern part of the State than in the south.

The only other clubs that seem to come close in terms of support down here are the Pies and the Tigers.

So I wouldn't be at all suprised if the majority of fans on Saturday are Sainters.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I think Hawthorn should be acknowledged for agreeing to this, it is their home game afterall.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Hawthorn have a catalyst of their own - it's Buddy's 100th.

A meeting for the ages. I would have loved to be there - will be glued to the screen as it is!

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Eastern wrote:Are you suggesting that we have NO fans of any consequence resident in 7250 :?: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: !!
I'm sure there are some in the 7250 area my northern island colleague.
I live in the 7248 postcode the same as Aurora Stadium & don't know of any here. :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Last edited by Launcestonsaint on Tue 04 Aug 2009 9:38pm, edited 2 times in total.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Was at the Prelim last year, just want to beat them at htis stage. They are the last team to beat us...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Jeez Id so much rather this be one we DONT drop, if I had to choose.

benengel14
Club Player

Launcestonsaint (or anyone else for that matter): Any advice regarding public transport to Aurora stadium?
Consider walking unless there's an easy option...
Staying in what I think is the middle of "urban Launceston" (near Cnr of Canning and Wellington) not too far from Launceston general hospital.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

benengel14 wrote:Launcestonsaint (or anyone else for that matter): Any advice regarding public transport to Aurora stadium?
Consider walking unless there's an easy option...
Staying in what I think is the middle of "urban Launceston" (near Cnr of Canning and Wellington) not too far from Launceston general hospital.
I'll check the local bus timetable & PM you.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
widereceiver
Club Player

Absolutely agree. I hope we don't drop this game to the shitehawks. I can't stand "the family club". I wouldn't want that pack of jumped-up thugs to be my family.

PS They are still running over the mark umpires, you loveless, graceless drongos.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar