The Sydney post match report

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lendog heaven
Club Player

The Sydney post match report

Those of us that travelled up and the local saint supporters were in fine voice at the end of the game and at the post match at Fox studios.

One thing I've notice abt swine supporters is that they respond directly to you when you're simply barracking hard. And they hate it when you just ignore them.

They were going ballistic when they hit the front and boy didn't we let em know that we had just gone 18-0 at the final siren.

One pr**k had the temerity to tell me that he had seen 4 better sides v swine this year - I remarked you are prob right - we still haven't beaten anyone above us.

Post match, despite the inane hosting by Rhys Muldoon (Beva runs rings around him), was great and featured Zac, X , SOS (so impressive- thanked the supporters and emphasised the importance of the boys recovery and the challenge v Dawks) and Barry Breen (ironic hey?)

All in all a great weekend as we chalked up our 5th on the road this year. Can't wait to get down to deliverance territory next Sat.

So proud of our boys!!!!

Tramps like us.............
happy feet
Club Player

Poor supporters

Swans suppoters don't like other people barracking for the opposition team. They are very precious and many of them do not understand the rules or the game. The ones around us were hopeless and could not even handle a 16 year old girl barracking for the Saints. We gave them heaps at the end - it was sweet.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Just back from a great weekend in Sin City. Sat in Bay 12 (right in front of the Doug Walters Bar) & had a great night amongst numerous Sainters. Agree with posts above, they are dead set nufties up there & really take it personally when you barrack with a bit of gusto (maybe I did go a bit overboard with the AFL lovechild calls & that the 05 premiership cup came on a matching platter from the AFL).

Great scenes at the end of the game, Swine supporters in shock & seemed a bit confused that Schneider was in red, white and black.

The after match was good, Zac is a real character. Thought Rhys did a good job (highlight being Jacinta Stapleton in the audience who looked very 'Cyril'- I think she is Rhys' current squeeze).

Decided to drop into Maccas in Coogee on the way back to the hotel. Who should walk in but Joey, BJ, Chips, Grammy and Raph. The missus proceeded to tell Raph how well he played (spot on) and then we had a good chat with Joey who is just the nicest bloke you could be lucky enough to meet. He said Kingy has a broken nose in addition to the bung shoulder and Roo was concussed in the opening minutes. The wife told him she was happy she'd made him her captain in Supercoach this week in preference to Lenny to which he replied 'a very smart move'.

The team was staying at the Crown Plaze at Coogee Beach (some of the coaching & support staff put in a big effort at the Coogee Bay Hotel last night... & were still going this morning). The Coogee Sands apartments are a good option if we're up there in 2010.

Left the Harbour City this arvo with great memories of a top notch weekend.

Young Georgie
Club Player

Maccas! Post game at Coogee? Must be part of Dave Misson's ingenious fitness and conditioning routine. :shock: Who flung their pickle the furthest? Must've been Grammy :wink: Absolutely spot on about Raph.

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Young Georgie wrote:Maccas! Post game at Coogee? Must be part of Dave Misson's ingenious fitness and conditioning routine. :shock: Who flung their pickle the furthest? Must've been Grammy :wink: Absolutely spot on about Raph.
Hahaha, they were all ordering from the Healthy Choices menu!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the reports guys...good on you for making the effort and glad you were rewarded for your trouble :wink:

A win at the SCG live would be something special 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
asiu

enjoyed the celebrations as well ...especially at the game

did u hear me dools ?....lol

the aftermatch was great ...luvved sos and barry , $1500 for a signed jumper was outrageously good money , imo

:oops: mentioned in a pm to an old 'testy' bugger.... (who incidently had a birthday today :) ) that #4 from the 66 side spoke

what number did barry wear ?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Great to see so many sainters up there. we were obviously outnumbered but in bay 12 and 13 there were still plenty of us around.

Hate to ruin the vibe - but I found the swans supporters around me quite accomodating. Rarely commented on saints players (as they probably didn't know any) and barracked for their team and against the umpy's.
Nothing like winning interstate though :wink:

Rickabee
Club Player
Location: Sydney, but grew up in Melbourne - 1st Saints match = Rnd 4 1966

Gazrat, in answer to your question, I believe that Barry Breen wore the number 17 jumper in the '66 GF.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Rickabee wrote:Gazrat, in answer to your question, I believe that Barry Breen wore the number 17 jumper in the '66 GF.
it was 27

Another opportunity awaits!
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Just home from a massive weekend in Syd. We stayed in town, there was Saints supporters every where we went all weeekend.

Wasn't impressed with the Swans supporters throwing the footys on the ground after kick out, happened 3 times that I saw.

SCG only played our song once at the end of the game.

So much fun on the stairs with Saints supporters screaming the song, fantastic. Have to say alot of Swans fans congratulated us, said it was a great game and good luck in Sept.

After match was fantastic, Barry Breen, what a gentleman, lovely man.

Great weather.

My third trip to Sydney for footy and 3 wins :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
asiu

ta boys

i struggle with memory things like that ...obviously doc was 4
:oops:

didnt barry wear a 4 , maybe 44

27..eek ...more losing $ for me

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:ta boys

He wore 4 for much of his career later on - definitely for his 300th. I think?

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

cowboy18 wrote:
gazrat wrote:ta boys

He wore 4 for much of his career later on - definitely for his 300th. I think?
he went 27 to 17 to 4

I believe

matrix
Saintsational Legend

asiu

not so embaressed now ,

4's everywhere

ta blokes

8-)

i really should have remembered 17....it was always my number when i played