JAM IT!!!..... Foxtel

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Heard and watched every minute of the game. Sound alright to me.

derby Street
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Heard and watched every minute of the game. Sound alright to me.
Watched every minute of it - accept that. Your last statement means that you must have had the sound down very low. :shock:

Captain Impossible
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Drain Wussel is a complete tool. Is it just me or does his voice sound like one of those cheesy voice overs for cheep advertisements...very annoying.
I've been saying this for years. He is the WORST commentator going around. He also comes up with ridiculous metaphors and sounds like he's advertising the latest 'nothing under 2 bucks' sale and the exhibition building.

Wears his Port Adelaide and Geelong bias like a badge of honour and part of me wants to see St Kilda win the flag just to p!ss him off. :twisted:

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Out of curiosity, who would you guys rate as the best commentators? I made a very rough list:

Play-by-play

Bruce McAvaney
Anthony Hudson*
Dennis Commetti
Matt Campbell
Michael Christian
Brian Taylor
Tim Lane
Stephen Quartermain
Dwayne Russell

Special Comments

Gerard Healy
Luke Darcy
Nathan Buckley
Leigh Matthews
Tim Watson
Robert Walls
Glen Jakovich
David Schwarz
Malcolm Blight

*Huddo drops dow a few spots if he's doing a Geelong game.

I've only done TV commentators since I don't listen to the radio. I left off Underwood since she's only done a few games. Is there anyone I've forgotten?

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

Richardson for special comments. hope he gets into commentating when he retires, will be a gem.

suss
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:Out of curiosity, who would you guys rate as the best commentators?
Even though it bugs me that he rarely tips us, I don't think there's a better caller than Gerard Wheatley from the ABC.

I heard him call the last two minutes of the Geelong game in round 14 and it was spine tingling stuff.

backit
Club Player

suss wrote:
vacuous space wrote:Out of curiosity, who would you guys rate as the best commentators?
Even though it bugs me that he rarely tips us, I don't think there's a better caller than Gerard Wheatley from the ABC.

I heard him call the last two minutes of the Geelong game in round 14 and it was spine tingling stuff.
Gerard Whately is on the offsiders on the ABC on Sunday mornings and always is objective as is Francis Leach who also appears. Whately is a cats fan and as we know Francis Leach is a huge Saints man but both are professional when talking about footy without showing bias.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Liam_G wrote:
stinger wrote:i have watch both the ten game ...well parts of it..and fox...it is the same telecast...ten's i believe.....
It was Fox's coverage tonight. Channel 10 took Fox's coverage of the match for Sydney (and possibly other areas?).

okay......but it was only one telecast...that's all i was saying ...fox regularly picks up someone else's telecast.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Seaford , did you eventually get your membership or did you spend all the money you made last year on your unwanted FOXTEL ?

What will be next from this club ?
spert
Saintsational Legend

Most of these ex-player commentators were in successful teams when the Saints were struggling, and seem to have issues with the Saints being so successful this season, to the point of almost barraking for our opponents.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:Hey, Did the Saints Win?????????????????? :lol:

All these comments are spot on, which means the 1 point win is better than a 10 goal win, :lol: let them bleet , its good to hear the sooks

DWOODROW
Club Player

Best commentators would have to be Commett and Mcavaney. Blokes been in everything. Olympics and all.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:Best commentators would have to be Commett and Mcavaney. Blokes been in everything. Olympics and all.

Yep , and i aint taking the urine here ,, but i reckon all round I like listening to "like a cork in the ocean" and "special" ,,

professional , richo on special comments is good ,, I reckon Spud does a very good effort as well.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Seaford , did you eventually get your membership or did you spend all the money you made last year on your unwanted FOXTEL ?
Thanks for contributing in such a valuable manner to the intent of the original post..... don't hurry home Vietnam.

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Seaford_Saint wrote:
Thanks for contributing in such a valuable manner to the intent of the original post..... don't hurry home Vietnam.
Well , I thought i was ,, you remember when you were so hurt sitting in your Brissy unit and I';d made you feel terrible about the fact you and your missus had just lost your jobs and you couldnt afford your membership. Did you know I actually went thru the motions of trying to find out who you were so i could send you a memebership.

then some time later your getting up someone else about how much money YOU made last year ,, so ,, i thought my question was relevant that's all.

No , I suspect you didn't get your membership did you. Which is the original point i was trying to make all that time ago ,, a supporter will always find the money ,, a fan can take iit or leave it.
have a great day seaford :D