My treasured Saints artifact

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

My treasured Saints artifact

Birthday present a few years back from my brother Brendan who found it on E-Bay.

Cool huh 8-)

Would have been worth a lot more if we had won the flag in 97 as we should have. :x

Still precious to me.

So what other treasures are floating out there??? :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I have the coffee mug, they were released in 1997 for you know what :cry:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Nattens
Club Player

My father has a WEG poster framed from 1966 with only a small piece missing from the bottom corner :D

Been waiting a long time to find it a partner......

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i have F*** all in bar ware or artifacts etc
but i have a 95 phillip morris tracksuit top signed by winmar and plugga (pluggas sig isnt the greatest)
and a 97 tracksuit jacket signed by lowe winmar burke and harvs.....and they all look great
they are just both hanging up in the closet
ill get the 97 one framed one day...when i have 400 bucks to blow
:shock:

claystreet
Club Player

97 Jumper
a Tony PLugger Lockett cap

Maxstar22
Club Player

My Stkilda scarf that I have had since I was a baby.

The coloured tassles are all neatly plaited into their respective colours, it has never been washed (I'm sure you think that is grotty), it sits pride and place on my bedroom door, wear it to every game and even took it overseas with me.

The red isn't really red anymore, more like an orange and the white is def an off white. But I don't care because I love it.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I have a coffee cup from the 1997 captains collection.

My prized footy possession is a club published magazine from 1931. Kind of a internal football record. The copy I have is from the week my grandfather played his first game...Has a three page article about him, plus his picture is on the cover. Only a couple in existance according to the club.

They wanted me to donate it to the club a few years back, but I dont want to give it over. We had some issues with the with the club about some of his gear just before he died...So I kind of guard it all now.

Anyhoo.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I have an old 'autograph album that I used to take along to training in the mid 60's.

Whilst it's not i great condition through age, the signatures are all still there and looking fantastic.

All the great Saints legends from that era, from Jeans, Baldock, Stewart, Ditterich etc.

Also the signatures of teh 4 members of the Monkees that I got when I met them at their hotel! (wish it had been the Beatles instead!!!!!!)

I also have a pristine 1966 Weg poster (framed) and a copy of the 1966 Footy Record.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

I have a felt pennant from 1966 with the team listed on it

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

A framed Saints jumper from 2009, signed by every player and coach from the historic undefeated Premiership year.

Ahhhhh.

here i am

I have a 1966 prmiership medallion and a photo of the 1966 premiership team signed by all players and the coach.

asiu

that makes you an interesting poster then

:)

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Last week I had the pleasure to inspect a very important item of Saints memorabilia.. the "Badge of Courage".
The below excerpt is from Wikipaedia..

In round 5, St Kilda defeats North Melbourne 13.19 (97) to 11.17 (83), despite having only 15 players left at the end of a brutal match (which was stopped at one stage because a wild brawl, instigated by the North Melbourne players, had erupted in the centre): captain Clarrie Hindson had a broken ankle, full-forward Bill Mohr had two broken ribs, forward Jack Anderson had been knocked unconscious, centreman W.C. "Billy" Roberts was felled once, recovered, and then was felled a second time, and rover Roy "Tiger" Bence was also knocked out.

* The St Kilda President, Gallipoli veteran and naval war hero Commander Fred Arlington-Burke, described St Kilda's 15 man victory as the greatest moral victory in the club's history, A "Badge of Courage" was struck by the Football Club and was awarded to each of the players that took part in the match. The medallion is silver, coin shaped, with coin-like reeding around its outer perimeter (with no cicumferential milling), with a St Kilda Football Club badge affixed to it, and the following inscription: "St KILDA DEFEATED Nth MELBOURNE WITH 15 MEN MAY 27th 1933".

The particular badge I looked at was inscribed with the coaches name Col Deane.
Although my business is buying and selling antiques and collectables this item was not in my area of expertise and I recommended the owner to take it to Leskis auction in Hawthorn for an accurate appraisal.
I was quite overawed when handed this rare item as I had previously read about the 1933 game and realised how important and valuable an item this was.
If it wasnt for this game and the story behind it The Saints would not have the Sheild Logo ..

mcadam05
Club Player

bigred wrote:I have a coffee cup from the 1997 captains collection.

My prized footy possession is a club published magazine from 1931. Kind of a internal football record. The copy I have is from the week my grandfather played his first game...Has a three page article about him, plus his picture is on the cover. Only a couple in existance according to the club.

They wanted me to donate it to the club a few years back, but I dont want to give it over. We had some issues with the with the club about some of his gear just before he died...So I kind of guard it all now.

Anyhoo.
are you talking about the magazine called " StKilda Football Review" ?

Came out First between 1923 - 25 then again between 32 - 35 not only did you get a stk footy card with every Issue ( awesome in it self ) but it was the first magazine too publish player match stats not just the First's either but second's too

Big Red I would love too get a scan of the cover :) pm if you can help

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Thats the one...

Got a pic of my grandfather on the cover.

PM with an email, I'll try to get it scanned over the weekend.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintfreddy
Club Player

Whilst I have a number of Saints items, two I recently purchased were extremely nice

1. Some years ago, I painstakingly collected a number of Trevor Barker footy cards and a piece with his original signature then had them framed. A little short of cash at the time I sold them. Recently won them back at an auction which was great

2. Same auction got a fantastic Barry Breen drawn caricature coloured in and endorsed by Barry plus beautifully framed.

These two will be up on the wall and won't be sold

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Bigred and BelgfastSaint... wow. On both of your stories. Wow.

Bigred, your Grandfather played for the Saints? I'm so impressed!

And Belfast... that must have been something. Wouldn't something like that be priceless?

Thanks for sharing.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

here i am wrote:I have a 1966 prmiership medallion and a photo of the 1966 premiership team signed by all players and the coach.
yeah?
u played in that game?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:Last week I had the pleasure to inspect a very important item of Saints memorabilia.. the "Badge of Courage".
The below excerpt is from Wikipaedia..

In round 5, St Kilda defeats North Melbourne 13.19 (97) to 11.17 (83), despite having only 15 players left at the end of a brutal match (which was stopped at one stage because a wild brawl, instigated by the North Melbourne players, had erupted in the centre): captain Clarrie Hindson had a broken ankle, full-forward Bill Mohr had two broken ribs, forward Jack Anderson had been knocked unconscious, centreman W.C. "Billy" Roberts was felled once, recovered, and then was felled a second time, and rover Roy "Tiger" Bence was also knocked out.

* The St Kilda President, Gallipoli veteran and naval war hero Commander Fred Arlington-Burke, described St Kilda's 15 man victory as the greatest moral victory in the club's history, A "Badge of Courage" was struck by the Football Club and was awarded to each of the players that took part in the match. The medallion is silver, coin shaped, with coin-like reeding around its outer perimeter (with no cicumferential milling), with a St Kilda Football Club badge affixed to it, and the following inscription: "St KILDA DEFEATED Nth MELBOURNE WITH 15 MEN MAY 27th 1933".

The particular badge I looked at was inscribed with the coaches name Col Deane.
Although my business is buying and selling antiques and collectables this item was not in my area of expertise and I recommended the owner to take it to Leskis auction in Hawthorn for an accurate appraisal.
I was quite overawed when handed this rare item as I had previously read about the 1933 game and realised how important and valuable an item this was.
If it wasnt for this game and the story behind it The Saints would not have the Sheild Logo ..
wow.

Rare is rare.

Something the club should get back IMO....

mcadam05
Club Player

bigred wrote:Thats the one...

Got a pic of my grandfather on the cover.

PM with an email, I'll try to get it scanned over the weekend.

Done :wink: cheers for that

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

here i am wrote:I have a 1966 prmiership medallion and a photo of the 1966 premiership team signed by all players and the coach.
Some pretty impressive posts here, but surely this one takes the cake....

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I have a framed 1966 photo with all signatures, and a 1966 calendar from Sieras Brighton Club Hotel in St Kilda colours.

asiu

:) without doubt , a first post amongst first posts

wheres that popcorn and coffee gif?

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

I have one of the match day footballs from the 1966 Grand Final, signed by the whole team. Framed and looks fantastic.

My Grandfather was the Marketing director of Smiths Crisps at the time, and was given one of several balls given away as part of a promotion through one of the radio stations at the time!! :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

thirty-seven!? wrote:I have one of the match day footballs from the 1966 Grand Final, signed by the whole team. Framed and looks fantastic.

My Grandfather was the Marketing director of Smiths Crisps at the time, and was given one of several balls given away as part of a promotion through one of the radio stations at the time!! :D
holy farking crapamoli!!!

very VERY nice
what a piece of history
8-) 8-) 8-)