AFL Teams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintluke
Club Player

AFL Teams

The guys on AFL Teams just previewed our game and mentioned that the swans have defeated us 8 out of the last 9 games. I'm not sure if they meant to refer to that stat in relation to games played at the SCG which might be correct. However we have defeated them at the SCG in 2006, Etihad in both 2007 and 2008 and in the past 2 years away we have seen a loss at both ANZ Stadium and the SCG.

I find it odd that you can get a gig on television and still make such an error. I may be hard of hearing on the other hand but I think they may have got it wrong.

For the record all 3 tipped Saints and Pickering said he wouldn't tip against us until grand final day (perhaps).

Ryanstein
Club Player

wow your quick! I only just watched that

Yeah I thought that stat sounded wrong. Doesn't matter anyway because we will smash them this Saturday.

Snakeman66
Club Player

Ryanstein wrote:wow your quick! I only just watched that

Yeah I thought that stat sounded wrong. Doesn't matter anyway because we will smash them this Saturday.

http://www.finalsiren.com/PreviousGames ... D=12&Go=Go

Stat is correct. Last win R11 2006(Rix 1st game) before that R10 1998(Sziller 6 goals).

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
Badlands
Club Player

Yeh - noticed that too. At least two panelists both gave the stat and made no mention at all that they were referring to games at the SCG. Think they were obviously just misreading the autocue or their notes.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Yeh was at the SCG but Pickering didn't bother to qualify that.

Tipping our SCG record will improve in the next few years 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saint patrick wrote:Yeh was at the SCG but Pickering didn't bother to qualify that.

Tipping our SCG record will improve in the next few years 8-)
Pickering is not the most unbiased of commentators. Unless it is Geelong, it doesn't matter as far as he is concerned!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Remember, people aren't on TV because they are smart but because they look good - not that's there's anything wrong with that!!

Maxstar22
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:Remember, people aren't on TV because they are smart but because they look good - not that's there's anything wrong with that!!
How do you explain the likes of BT, Billy and Co? Not very easy on the eye.

Ryanstein
Club Player

Maxstar22 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Remember, people aren't on TV because they are smart but because they look good - not that's there's anything wrong with that!!
How do you explain the likes of BT, Billy and Co? Not very easy on the eye.
BT has a sexy moe