Hypothetical Time - Good Year or Bad?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I

Such adulation for a team and a club that has won nothing. If you listened to them last night, or read this site regularly, you'd swear it was October and we'd just won the flag by 10 goals.

17-0? Big ****ing deal.
you really are a troll aren't you? :roll:
No, just offering my views. Take them or leave them.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
To be honest I am surprised you bothered to watch it, I thought you weren't into footy these days?
Touche'.
Touche' indeed, like to use that expression much?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Just how many different terms are you goinng to use to denigrate other posters who don't happen to share your 'twisted' views?
Huh? What other ones have I used??
I believe a mod 'outed' you Mr Violent Stool?

bergsone
SS Life Member

What is our biggest losing streak?Double that in wins ,sure we will pick up something along the way

Raven
Club Player

Guys, can we leave the hatred aside for a sec and have a conversation? I think RF makes a good point, albeit a little gloomily.

When you look at the bigger picture, 17 and 0 means nothing if you don't win the big one. I'm sure we can all agree with that. That's all he's saying, why all the hate? You don't want RF to be so negative, so why be so negative yourselves? Is it a case of eye for an eye, eh?

Sure, it's been a fantastic ride so far this year and I'm sure most if not all fans are loving every minute of it. But I for one am terrified it will all come crashing down. I can't help feeling that way, I'm a Saints supporter after all. ;)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:Guys, can we leave the hatred aside for a sec and have a conversation? I think RF makes a good point, albeit a little gloomily.

When you look at the bigger picture, 17 and 0 means nothing if you don't win the big one. I'm sure we can all agree with that. That's all he's saying, why all the hate? You don't want RF to be so negative, so why be so negative yourselves? Is it a case of eye for an eye, eh?

Sure, it's been a fantastic ride so far this year and I'm sure most if not all fans are loving every minute of it. But I for one am terrified it will all come crashing down. I can't help feeling that way, I'm a Saints supporter after all. ;)
...because he is full of it.....

i watched on the couch last night...thought it was a good show...thought nick spoke well.......but our resident grinch posted this crap...

"I for one, would look at this year as any other we haven't won a flag. Any other year after I turned 15 actually. Prior to then, I got a thrill out of watching my heroes play every week - regardless of the result.

Watching On the Couch last night made me want to vomit, and I prayed that none of the Saints players were watching.

It was sickening. It was worse than this site.

Such adulation for a team and a club that has won nothing. If you listened to them last night, or read this site regularly, you'd swear it was October and we'd just won the flag by 10 goals.

17-0? Big ****ing deal.

They should put a full media ban and Saintsational ban on every player at the club to ensure they don't get caught up in this garbage.

I wonder if the TAB will start paying dividends on horses that lead the Melbourne Cup with 800m to go? ."

......he must have watched a different show than me,,,maybe a parallel world or something......

17 zip is a f****** big deal...never happened in my life time before........so what if we are flag favorites...we were in 66...and if my memory isnt failing me...i think we may have won that year......only just mind you.....but who is complaining.......
Last edited by stinger on Tue 28 Jul 2009 6:48pm, edited 2 times in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

All i know is that i've had 17 very enjoyable weeks so far this year - been fantastic. Would losing the Gf undo that? - NO - nothing will take that away!

Would i be shattered - YES - for a few days/weeks.

Would i be looking forward to 2010 - HELL YES!

Will i waste any of this year worrying about tomorrow - NO!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

This is what I don't get - if we went out in straight sets and got thumped in the finals, that would be a disappointing year, yes, BUT - the lead up to the finals has been fantastic. I'm not sure ANYONE can complain about the year we have had.

Secondly, this club has been failing (by your standards RF) for what?! Twenty or so years now?! Surely, we are used to it by now? What difference will another year make?

Just gives the opposition another years worth of opposition. If anybody still gets hurt by these comments, they need a skin transplant. You need a thick skin to support this club, you really do.

i will only be hurt because it would suck to come so close and fail again.

Fortunately that isn't going to happen though, as we are going to win the flag this year. :lol:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:Guys, can we leave the hatred aside for a sec and have a conversation? I think RF makes a good point, albeit a little gloomily.

There's no hate, that's absurd.

Just the usual contempt for just another troll.

Yes, perhaps an innocent question from anyone else.... but if a serial pedophile offered to pick your kids up from school, you'd rightly have more than passing doubts about his motives.

He's here to spoil, and that is all.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we could continue this discussion later, Roger is busy every night at 6pm tuning into to his favourite show....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: 17-0? Big ****ing deal.
you obviously do not understand the concept of clinching a top 2 position 6 weeks before finals are supposed to commence and what that means in terms of final preperations

At the moment 17-0 is a big ****ing deal

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Smug Supporter

Trolls need to leave rodgerfox and his views alone. He puts careful thought into these and is correct most often than not.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

rotflmfao

unreal
so if we lose by under a goal in the GF are you going to renew the membership or carry on with the whole season was a waste of time garbage
??

sometimes you can actually see some good points in the fox report (and even some other posts)...but then, we read something and it just cancels everything out.

yup i agree
the year would be a complete failure
learned nothing from it
didnt get game experience into some of the younger players
disgusting
ross would just have to go....dead-wood.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote: the year would be a complete failure
Officially, on record, it would be the biggest failure ever in the history of the sport.

That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Just how many different terms are you goinng to use to denigrate other posters who don't happen to share your 'twisted' views?

Huh?? WTF?

Have another read of my post, then try again.

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:They should put a full media ban and Saintsational ban on every player at the club to ensure they don't get caught up in this garbage.
Think you'll find the players aren't getting caught up in anything.

The only pressure on the players is formed by the media and fans alike.

These blokes as a group are as mentally tough as any other group of players who've played for the Club.

We as supporters can allow ourselves to get carried away. We don't have to go out on the field and play - and we have no influence whatsoever over the Club in terms of the decisions they make.

All I can say is enjoy the ride rodge, it's awesome at the moment.

And FWIW I will be shattered if we don't go on and win the Flag.

Shattered yes... but life rolls on.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Officially, on record, it would be the biggest failure ever in the history of the sport.

Not arguing with this pure statistical fact Rodg..but surely you, who try and "drag the mood down" at every opportunity, are no better than those who might post that the flag is as good as won already..

May I ask a question?

When was the last time you watched a game LIVE? Its not a criticism if you cant cos you dont live in Melbourne..thats fine..but pretty much all our Interstate posters are happy to put a * on their opinions with the disclaimer that its gleaned from watching TV. Many of them also get to see a live game during the course of the season. You have very strong opinions on coaching, tactics etc. I reckon its only fair you tell us how you watch most games.

...and please....dont do your usual trick of answering a question with another question. I'm not asking anything personal..dont wanna know where you live or anything like that..just getting a fix on how your opinions are being gleaned.

Id also love to know if your a member, or support the Club at all in ANY sort of tangible form apart from your earnest opinions, but thats totally at youjr discretion to divulge..or not.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Huh?? WTF?

I'm not going to play these little peurile games with you rodger/ violent/smug.

You know exactly what terms you have used to denigrate others on here.
As I'm sure do many others

Have you got so little going on in your life that you need to derive pleasure from trying to 'wind up' others who just come on here to enjoy their team's amazing run of success? Please don't bother answering, I'm really not intrerested in your trite responses and your infantile attempts to start an argument.

Why not just keep on enlightening all those over on Big Footy - Surely they appreciate your superior intellect much more than we poor 'idiot supporters' over here?
Surely that would be much more stimulating for you?

There's a very apt word that describes your activity on here lately:-

Sad.

Sad that a 'grown person' would feel the need to belittle others to derive satisfaction.

So very sad.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Huh?? WTF?

I'm not going to play these little peurile games with you rodger/ violent/smug.

You know exactly what terms you have used to denigrate others on here.
As I'm sure do many others

Have you got so little going on in your life that you need to derive pleasure from trying to 'wind up' others who just come on here to enjoy their team's amazing run of success? Please don't bother answering, I'm really not intrerested in your trite responses and your infantile attempts to start an argument.

Why not just keep on enlightening all those over on Big Footy - Surely they appreciate your superior intellect much more than we poor 'idiot supporters' over here?
Surely that would be much more stimulating for you?

There's a very apt word that describes your activity on here lately:-

Sad.

Sad that a 'grown person' would feel the need to belittle others to derive satisfaction.

So very sad.
One of the funniest posts I've read. Ever.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

You need some new msterial rodger - you've used that trite little epithet a little too often for it to be useful anymore.

If you want a good laugh though, just have a think about this.

There's one poster on saintsdational.com who uses multiple names, pretends he's clever, makes disparaging remarks about others' intelligence, continually 'baits' other posters

and thinks nobody knows what he is doing. :roll:

Now that's hilarious!

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote:

And wouldn't you love that to eventuate? Oh, the harvesting of sorrow you could indulge in.

Your declaration is a judgement. Not a fact.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Abusive comment removed

Determined to make the world pay for his parents neglect.

His only joy to be found in being the fly at the picnic, the spoiler, the pr1ck.

How very sad.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Why does a completely reasonable ang logical thread have to turn into a nasty, spiteful catfight?

Please, keep on topic.

And if you have nothing to add, then don't post.

Thank you for your time.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Abusive comment removed by mod..poster warned

Determined to make the world pay for his parents neglect.

His only joy to be found in being the fly at the picnic, the spoiler, the pr1ck.

How very sad.
If it matters I wasn't offended, not did I take it personally.

Actually found it quite amusing to be honest.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote: You have the cheek to denigrate many on here and bemoan that, in your opinion we are 'cretins', and yet you keep coming back like the turd that just won't flush.
Comeback of the year!!

That's funny.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?