Hypothetical Time - Good Year or Bad?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Hypothetical Time - Good Year or Bad?

If we don't win the flag this year, after being 17-0 and having beaten every other contender already (bar Hawthorn)....

...would you look back on 2009 as a good year?

Or would you be completely and utterly feral and dry wretch every time you heard number 2009 uttered?

I mean, it's happy times right now, sure. But what will that count for should the unthinkable happen?

markp
Saintsational Legend

What is wrong with you?

Seriously.....

Did your parents used to forget to pick you up from Kindergarten?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:What is wrong with you?

Seriously.....

I'm sorry, I don't understand?

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Seriously.....

I'm sorry, I don't understand?
A good therapist could help you there.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

There are those who are happy we are 17 zip...

And there are those in "sack the coach mode..."

Go figure eh.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Seriously.....

i'm betting they dropped him off one day...then made a run for it... :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Not sure why all the hate Rodger, I will answer your question.....

I am personally terrified of the prospect of not winning the big one. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving going to the footy every week and watching the best saints side I have seen since I've been watching them, (around 35 years) BUT surely the aim of this game is to win a premiership and opportunities like this don't come often.

I will personally be shattered if we don't win it this year, even if we do go 22 and 0

bob__71
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:Not sure why all the hate Rodger
It's because he is the worlds biggest footy fan

Richter
SS Life Member

Re: Hypothetical Time - Good Year or Bad?

rodgerfox wrote:If we don't win the flag this year, after being 17-0 and having beaten every other contender already (bar Hawthorn)....

...would you look back on 2009 as a good year?

Or would you be completely and utterly feral and dry wretch every time you heard number 2009 uttered?

I mean, it's happy times right now, sure. But what will that count for should the unthinkable happen?
I just hope that no St Kilda players or coaching staff have similar thought processes to yours.

This sort of conditional thinking simply leads to a fail-fail situation........

ANSWER: YES heaps so much pressure on to the team that it becomes even more difficult to live up to that hype and expectation.

ANSWER: NO leads to charges of settling for anything but the best.

How about saying that so far this season we have performed magnificently and take the rest of the season.... ONE GAME AT A TIME....

The closest that I will be drawn is to say that this season is likely to be seen, in retrospect, as at least the second most successful season of any Saints team ever.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Every year is a failure if you dont win the flag - regardless of H&A results.

Personally, I would be dissapointed for a day or two, but really, I get over these things pretty quickly.

Life is too short to worry about lost footy games FFS :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bozza1980
Club Player

I guess a failure to claim the premiership might warrant a similar description to that Nasa bestowed on Apollo 13

Succesful Failure

To be fair the immediate reaction to seeing celebrate a premiership this season would be to declare the year a failure.

Hindsight might shed a kinder light, however after positioning ourselves within sight of the cup we shouldn't be thinking about how we can mess it up, we should be thinking what we need to do to win it.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Seriously.....

Great line ,, nomination for line of the year .

+1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What will be next from this club ?
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:Not sure why all the hate Rodger, I will answer your question.....

I am personally terrified of the prospect of not winning the big one. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving going to the footy every week and watching the best saints side I have seen since I've been watching them, (around 35 years) BUT surely the aim of this game is to win a premiership and opportunities like this don't come often.

I will personally be shattered if we don't win it this year, even if we do go 22 and 0
The questions fine, the problem is that it was asked by our own little anonymous mood-killer...God I hope you never have to motivate anyone in your line of work Rodg...

Whats your GF night gonna consist of if we win Rodg? A quiet lil pump of the fist when the siren goes, then on with getting a roast ready for dinner before sititng down for a night of The Bill? Then..about 10pm, onto SS to compose "The Fox Report", full of cautionary advice about the obvious holes in our playing list we have to address for 2010?..that we shouldnt get carried away with this flag because the game itself had numerous glaring coaching errors by RL..that GT would have addressed far sonner and given us a 5-goal better win?

But..for the record..I too would be bitterly dissapointed not to win this year. we are placed better than at any time in my 40 years of watching them..nothing but silverware will do from here!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I for one, would look at this year as any other we haven't won a flag. Any other year after I turned 15 actually. Prior to then, I got a thrill out of watching my heroes play every week - regardless of the result.

Watching On the Couch last night made me want to vomit, and I prayed that none of the Saints players were watching.

It was sickening. It was worse than this site.

Such adulation for a team and a club that has won nothing. If you listened to them last night, or read this site regularly, you'd swear it was October and we'd just won the flag by 10 goals.

17-0? Big ****ing deal.

They should put a full media ban and Saintsational ban on every player at the club to ensure they don't get caught up in this garbage.

I wonder if the TAB will start paying dividends on horses that lead the Melbourne Cup with 800m to go?

Fair dinkum.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
The questions fine, the problem is that it was asked by our own little anonymous mood-killer...God I hope you never have to motivate anyone in your line of work Rodg...
Oh Ok, maybe I should get a new account then? Or change my nic? Perhaps then I could get some sense out of the cretins on here.

saintlee
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:I for one, would look at this year as any other we haven't won a flag. Any other year after I turned 15 actually. Prior to then, I got a thrill out of watching my heroes play every week - regardless of the result.

Watching On the Couch last night made me want to vomit, and I prayed that none of the Saints players were watching.

Such adulation for a team and a club that has won nothing. If you listened to them last night, or read this site regularly, you'd swear it was October and we'd just won the flag by 10 goals.

17-0? Big ****ing deal.

They should put a full media ban and Saintsational ban on every player at the club to ensure they don't get caught up in this garbage.

I wonder if the TAB will start paying dividends on horses that lead the Melbourne Cup with 800m to go?

Fair dinkum.
You are a sad little man

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
You are a sad little man
Little?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I for one, would look at this year as any other we haven't won a flag. Any other year after I turned 15 actually. Prior to then, I got a thrill out of watching my heroes play every week - regardless of the result.

17-0? Big ****ing deal.

Fair dinkum.
To be honest I am surprised you bothered to watch it, I thought you weren't into footy these days?

saintlee
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
saintlee wrote:
You are a sad little man
Little?
Metaphorical, not literal....you maybe overweight or obese for all I know

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
To be honest I am surprised you bothered to watch it, I thought you weren't into footy these days?
Touche'.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintlee wrote:
You are a sad little man
Little?
Metaphorical, not literal....you maybe overweight or obese for all I know
That's funny.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:Not sure why all the hate Rodger, I will answer your question.....

Whats your GF night gonna consist of if we win Rodg? A quiet lil pump of the fist when the siren goes, then on with getting a roast ready for dinner before sititng down for a night of The Bill? Then..about 10pm, onto SS to compose "The Fox Report", full of cautionary advice about the obvious holes in our playing list we have to address for 2010?..that we shouldnt get carried away with this flag because the game itself had numerous glaring coaching errors by RL..that GT would have addressed far sonner and given us a 5-goal better win?

But..for the record..I too would be bitterly dissapointed not to win this year. we are placed better than at any time in my 40 years of watching them..nothing but silverware will do from here!

i will make you a promise mate....if we win i will buy you a beer....maybe rf too......

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Oh Ok, maybe I should get a new account then? Or change my nic?
Another one?
Perhaps then I could get some sense out of the cretins on here
.[

Just how many different terms are you goinng to use to denigrate other posters who don't happen to share your 'twisted' views?
/quote]

You have the cheek to denigrate many on here and bemoan that, in your opinion we are 'cretins', and yet you keep coming back like the turd that just won't flush.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I

17-0? Big ****ing deal.
you really are a troll aren't you? :roll:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Just how many different terms are you goinng to use to denigrate other posters who don't happen to share your 'twisted' views?
Huh? What other ones have I used??