help wanted re: Tazzie Game v Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

help wanted re: Tazzie Game v Hawks

hey
im going down to tazzie in a few weeks on Friday night, on the over night boat arriving aprox 7am Davernport Saturday. il find a way to get to the ground from there, walk bus ride whatever, i will have heaps of time to get there. but what i dont have heaps of time is after the game. ive been told tonight i really am pushing it with time because i am on a 5.45 flight home. if the game is 2.10pm it wont be over until 4.40 or there abouts.
i will have to do online check in the night before to give me that extra 15 mins i need, rather than being at the airport by 5.15, but how do i get there???
Launcestonsaint..this is where i need your help :wink:
ive been told to go on the Tasmania info website and call them and ask where shuttle busses will be running from to get to the airport, but if their going to be waiting around until 5.10 for people, i dont have that time to kill. is a taxi the best option? although i dont want to blow $50 on a taxi trip..is there anyone else on this 5.45 VirginBlue flight that has plans or is stuck like me?
thanks heaps!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Lone Tiger!

Redline coaches is probably your cheapest option from Devonport to Launceston if you can't find a lift. I don't know what the fares are exactly but there is a bus that leaves at 9am and would definitely be the cheapest you could find in terms of transport. http://www.redlinecoaches.com.au/doavai ... &B1=Submit

From the game to the airport is tough to say. It can take a fair bit of time to get out of the York Park area even if you find someone to give you a lift to the airport and taxis would be flat out at that stage. A Launceston local, rather than I as a Tassie local, would probably be more informative in this area.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Dools. Change your flight and give yourself some more time.

Im using it as an excuse to have a 4 day long weekend.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Whilst the bus is the cheapest option, you won't make it. It will do pick ups for that flight from 4.30pm, and unless you can arrange with them to pick you up at the ground (which I doubt), you have two remaining options - taxi or a car driven by a local. Either of these will be very close as well. The game "should" finish by 4.45pm, but if you have to be at the airport by 5.15pm, it will be a close thing, as the ground is on the other side of Launceston to the airport. Your best chance is for us to be 10 goals up with ten minutes to play (The Allan Jeans Rule). On the positive side, I have found that Virgin Blue can be a little more lenient with the 30 minutes rule, especially if you don't have luggage.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:Dools. Change your flight and give yourself some more time.

Im using it as an excuse to have a 4 day long weekend.
no other flights at all
and perfectionist, i dont leave games early winning or losing sorry lol

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Then good luck Dools.

Make sure you let us know how you go.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Forget the bus....you will need to tee up a Taxi (or as mentioned loacl with car) in advance to be waiting for you. No way can you rely on a bus with tight times.

Also forget NOT leaving the game at least slightly early...for with the normal post-game crush and traffic you will 99% be likely to miss your flight.

That is the reality of the times you have laid out.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

hmmm
tough time line dools
i see three options
1. leave the game 1 min before the siren blows
2. stay overnight
3. swim :)

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

things are just going from worse to worse with this trip.
Spirit of Tasmania has just informed me i can not travel as i will be with my younger sister, and unless i am the legal guardian they will refund me my money and wave goodbye to the tazzie trip. (i am not 18 thats why) :evil:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:things are just going from worse to worse with this trip.
Spirit of Tasmania has just informed me i can not travel as i will be with my younger sister, and unless i am the legal guardian they will refund me my money and wave goodbye to the tazzie trip. (i am not 18 thats why) :evil:
Do you know of an adult travelling on the same trip...ie another member of the cheer squad who is over 18?

If so you may be able arrange for them to bea "guaradian" for the trip.

You should only needa formal letter from your parents to do this.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Do you know of an adult travelling on the same trip...ie another member of the cheer squad who is over 18?

really? :D
yeah, heaps of the saints CS on this trip, and from what i know a lot of the hawks CS also :twisted:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

really? :D
yeah, heaps of the saints CS on this trip, and from what i know a lot of the hawks CS also :twisted:

Yes.

ie
kids on school trips = no relatives

kids on scout trips = no parents.

You can travel with adults who are not your parents.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Re: help wanted re: Tazzie Game v Hawks

saintdooley wrote:hey
im going down to tazzie in a few weeks on Friday night, on the over night boat arriving aprox 7am Davernport Saturday. il find a way to get to the ground from there, walk bus ride whatever, i will have heaps of time to get there. but what i dont have heaps of time is after the game. ive been told tonight i really am pushing it with time because i am on a 5.45 flight home. if the game is 2.10pm it wont be over until 4.40 or there abouts.
i will have to do online check in the night before to give me that extra 15 mins i need, rather than being at the airport by 5.15, but how do i get there???
ive been told to go on the Tasmania info website and call them and ask where shuttle busses will be running from to get to the airport, but if their going to be waiting around until 5.10 for people, i dont have that time to kill. is a taxi the best option? although i dont want to blow $50 on a taxi trip..is there anyone else on this 5.45 VirginBlue flight that has plans or is stuck like me?
thanks heaps!
dools, sorry but I think you will struggle to get to the airport on time if you don't leave early, 3/4 time. This will be the biggest crowd ever at a game here.
At 1 game, I booked a taxi via phone & had to wait for over an hour, the drivers will take the first person they see.
The traffic is chaotic after games. Even if you had somebody in a car waiting out the front of the ground after the game, you would struggle to get to the airport on time. The police control the traffic flow & it is a real snail pace leaving the area.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
Lone Tiger!

Not always the case. I simply park a block or two back from Boags Brewery on the city side (don't know Lonnie road names) and it's a lot quicker to walk 10-15 minutes to the ground from there and then take the "back streets" out of Launceston and don't have to put up with the major part of the traffic.

Getting out of that car park or general York Park area is a looong haul though, that's for sure.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:hey
thanks heaps!
you got two chances...one of them will be the next filth coach......

ps...and it's devonport ffs.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Lone Tiger! wrote:Not always the case. I simply park a block or two back from Boags Brewery on the city side (don't know Lonnie road names) and it's a lot quicker to walk 10-15 minutes to the ground from there and then take the "back streets" out of Launceston and don't have to put up with the major part of the traffic.

Getting out of that car park or general York Park area is a looong haul though, that's for sure.
Won't help dools getting to the airport on time though.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Not unless they moved the game.

siantdooley is flying out.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
stinger wrote:

Not unless they moved the game.

siantdooley is flying out.

"hey
im going down to tazzie in a few weeks on Friday night, on the over night boat arriving aprox 7am Davernport Saturday. il find a way to get to the ground from there, walk bus ride whatever, i will have heaps of time to get there. but what i dont have heaps of time is after the game. ive been told tonight i really am pushing it with time because i am on a 5.45 flight home. if the game is 2.10pm it wont be over until 4.40 or there abouts. "''

.......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

don't lead with your chin mate......if he thinks he is boating into davernport...he won't even make tassie..... :twisted: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.