St kilda FC need to take a leaf out of Essendon's fixture...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Nick
Club Player

St kilda FC need to take a leaf out of Essendon's fixture...

...for 2010. This is what I would like to see.....

Home games at Docklands against interstate teams and the Demons. That would be roughly 4 maybe 5 games. For the purposes of this discussion, lets say it is 4 games.....Mlbourne, West Coast, Adelaide and Sydney. Then I would like us to play 1 home game against Brisbane on the Gold Coast. Then our remaining 6 home games against Vic clubs to be played at the MCG.

Thoughts?

No signature
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Our home ground is docklands.....
You can't just pick and choose where you want to play your home games each week.....

Are you a troll?

Bring back the Lockett era
degruch
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Our home ground is docklands.....
You can't just pick and choose where you want to play your home games each week.....
Unless you're Hawthorn. :roll:

At least this isn't about 'resting'...a victory for independent thought which should be encouraged. Carry on... :wink:

Nick
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Our home ground is docklands.....

Are you a troll?
Fistly I am not a troll.

I didn't say 'just pick and choose where we want to play our home games each week' Where did you pluck that from?

I said 'this is what I would like to see'. :roll: :roll: :roll:

No signature
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

when it comes down to it, it's not our choice and we have a contract to play at the docklands not the MCG.

Nick
Club Player

I want St kilda to be known as a team that plays the MCG perfectly and as a team that is well suited to play at the MCG. Right now we are an unknown quantity as far as the MCG is concerned.

No signature
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Hi all

Long time reader first time poster, so hi to all - enjoying the ride so far!

Nick, need to pull you up - Essendon have 8 games at Etihad, the only Home games at the 'G are against the so-called (I use that term loosely) "Big 3".

If we played home games at Etihad against interstate teams, where is the incentive for members to purchase Reserved Seats? (of which I am one myself). If members don't continue to renew their Reserved Seats the Club loses income.

It's flawed thinking as far as I am concerned.

We only need to prove we can play the ground when it counts.

At Finals time.

Nick
Club Player

Don't you hate the fact that we could be playing Collingwood in the qualifying final at a ground that they are perfectly comfortable with and that we would have played only 1 game at?

No signature
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:when it comes down to it, it's not our choice and we have a contract to play at the docklands not the MCG.

the contract has expired...just rolls over to the original one until a new one is signed i believe.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

yes I do but still it's nothing to do with St Kilda we have very very minimal impact on the draw.

ace
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:Hi all
If we played home games at Etihad against interstate teams, where is the incentive for members to purchase Reserved Seats? (of which I am one myself). If members don't continue to renew their Reserved Seats the Club loses income.

At Finals time.
Simple actually when you purchase your reserved seat you get allocated a reserve seat for games at Docklands and a reserved seat at the MCG. :roll:
Last edited by ace on Wed 22 Jul 2009 1:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Nick wrote:Don't you hate the fact that we could be playing Collingwood in the qualifying final at a ground that they are perfectly comfortable with and that we would have played only 1 game at?
No.... see 2005 Qualifying Final against Adelaide.
Last edited by TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey on Wed 22 Jul 2009 1:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ace
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:when it comes down to it, it's not our choice and we have a contract to play at the docklands not the MCG.

the contract has expired...just rolls over to the original one until a new one is signed i believe.....
Then sign a new contract but this time at the MCG.
The larger ground capacity will attract bigger crowds, bigger membership and bigger profits for the club.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

ace wrote:
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:Hi all

At Finals time.
Simple actually when you purchase your reserved seat you get allocated a reserve seat for games at Docklands and a reserved seat at the MCG. :roll:
Would that guarantee that Reserved Seat Holders get as good a seat as they do at Etihad?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Nick wrote:Don't you hate the fact that we could be playing Collingwood in the qualifying final at a ground that they are perfectly comfortable with and that we would have played only 1 game at?
I simply hate Collingwood.

I agree with Victoria Police - Collingwood is not fit to hold a liquor licence.
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=54235

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Didn't bother us too much last year in the 1st semi did it?

Nick
Club Player

Moods wrote:
Didn't bother us too much last year in the 1st semi did it?
That's true, however I would rather St kilda have every little bit of advantage possible rather than the other way around.

No signature
benengel14
Club Player

Re: St kilda FC need to take a leaf out of Essendon's fixtur

Nick wrote:...for 2010.
Then I would like us to play 1 home game against Brisbane on the Gold Coast.

Thoughts?
No team will be able to sell games to Carrara (Gold Coast) in 2010 as they are redeveloping the stadium.

Batnoe

MMM

sounds good, lets play at Docklands where rent is expensive against teams that dont draw well in numbers so will make huge losses every time

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Can't the mods just ban this tool now?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bozza1980
Club Player

Lets look at seasons 2001 throught 2006 not playing many games at the MCG didn't seem to effect who won the flag??

If we lose in the finals it won't be because of only playing once at the MCG during the home and away season. We are creating an excuse ahead of time.

If we are good enough, we are good enough, end of story.

hAyES
Club Player

I'd rather more away games at the MCG. We should be requesting more than one game a year there. I know we play unbelievably well at Docklands, but the big games are played at the G.

I'm not saying that because I don't think we can play as well there (we've won everywhere else don't see why we'd have a problem there), I just like the MCG.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

ace wrote:
stinger wrote:

The larger ground capacity will attract bigger crowds, bigger membership and bigger profits for the club.
The MCG don't want us. They have a full roster of big drawing clubs as tenants & while they would love to have the handful of blockbuster games that we take part in (like the Geelong game), it is the AFL's prerogative where they are played.

While Collo has Andy by the short & curlies (for the next 20 years!), we're at the mercy of the Etihad contract.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
ace wrote:
stinger wrote:

The MCG don't want us. They have a full roster of big drawing clubs as tenants & while they would love to have the handful of blockbuster games that we take part in (like the Geelong game), it is the AFL's prerogative where they are played.

While Collo has Andy by the short & curlies (for the next 20 years!), we're at the mercy of the Etihad contract.
And probably more importantly than all that is the club want Etihad to be our home ground. By the way when we do play at the G I reckon our support over the last 5 years has been poor to say the least.