The 2 suspensions are a blessing in disguise.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Nick wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:This post will go down well!
It's only my opinion. If people don't agree that's fair enough. Isn't the point of a forum to post peoples opinions?
I believe you as well.

It will keep the players on their toes, the guys that come in will bust their gut or miss out on the finals. It means the if the guys that replace them play well it will mean Zac and Kosi will have to play hard and even better to get back in. It is better to have 24-25 guys in form and wanting to play than having 17 injuries and picking the only 22 available guys...

Not a bad position

Nick
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
Nick wrote:
It's only my opinion. If people don't agree that's fair enough. Isn't the point of a forum to post peoples opinions?
I believe you as well.

It will keep the players on their toes, the guys that come in will bust their gut or miss out on the finals. It means the if the guys that replace them play well it will mean Zac and Kosi will have to play hard and even better to get back in. It is better to have 24-25 guys in form and wanting to play than having 17 injuries and picking the only 22 available guys...

Not a bad position
Thank you Batnoe.

No signature
HarveysDeciple

resting players has a small amount of merit, losing games does not.

Nick
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:resting players has a small amount of merit, losing games does not.
When you are 16 and 0, losing a close hard game against the Bulldogs will do us more good than harm.....IMHO.

No signature
Nick
Club Player

I would not want St kilda going into the Qualifying final at 22 and 0 playing Collingwood or Carlton at the MCG. The pressure on our players would be unbearable. Imagine if we went into the Grand Final at 24 and 0. What would the pressure on the players be like then?

No signature
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why do you people respond to Nexus Nick/McCain/Axl/DDC City West (and probably about a dozen other trolling nic's)

First off he has admitted he is an Essendon troll last time he was on here before the mods got sick of him and had him banned.

His mantra at that time was to create thread after thhread about us going to go broke because we didn't move to Tasmania :roll:

Once banned on here he then went to bigfooty as Nexus helen where he started a number of threads about how we completely had to rebuild our list and that we are never ever going to win a premiership with the players we had :roll:

Absolutely hated by the regulars on the Saints bf forum for his constant trolling.

Now he is on this mantra about resting players.

Thread after thread.

Just ignore the Essendon troll who is obviously suffering from some kind of personality disability (this constant need to thank anyone who agrees with him is a perfect example :roll: )

The guy is an out and out troll and the mods will soon ban him for spamming and trolling.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Nick
Club Player

I'm not trolling Joffa, just discussing, so whatever your agenda is I am staying away from it.
Last edited by Nick on Wed 22 Jul 2009 1:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

No signature
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Nick wrote:I would not want St kilda going into the Qualifying final at 22 and 0 playing Collingwood or Carlton at the MCG. The pressure on our players would be unbearable. Imagine if we went into the Grand Final at 24 and 0. What would the pressure on the players be like then?
Sorry not sure why you think the pressure would be unbearable on the players.

Internally it wouldn't be - we'd just play the same game we've been playing all year - hard at the man and ball with good ball movement and brutal tackling. Why do you think it would change all of a sudden because its a Final?

The only pressure is coming from the media and fans alike.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:And if you're calling "resting" blokes who are in need of it "narrow minded crud", it's probably done every year (except perhaps when Sydney won in 2005) and the likes of Leigh Matthews, James Hird, by the looks of it Bomber Thompson, etc, are all advocating it. Who the f*** are you, compared with them? And with the amount of game time some of our blokes had on the weekend, it's clear that some of our guys are already being "rested" (and Gardi may have been too). It's happening and is going to happen, for some/all of those who need it, one way or another.
Ad hominem attacks aren't necessary if you can successfully defend your argument.

Screw Matthews, Bomber, Hird et al. You know what? I disagree. Who am I? A nobody punter.

Who are they?

Football personalities with a good share of ego... and an agenda.

I find it amusing that people attribute this "resting players" philosophy to Bomber in spite of his public statements to the contrary. Not that it matters either way. His lot aren't good enough.

As for Hirdy and Matthews... the ex-captain and coach of the team whose record we are threatening. Goodness forbid the '09 Saints could be a greater team than the '00 Bombers.

To say that something hasn't been done has no bearing on whether it can be done. It's a non sequitur. None of these "footy legends" "experts" or what have you, can make any kind of argument that is not a non sequitur.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

InkerSaint wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:And if you're calling "resting" blokes who are in need of it "narrow minded crud", it's probably done every year (except perhaps when Sydney won in 2005) and the likes of Leigh Matthews, James Hird, by the looks of it Bomber Thompson, etc, are all advocating it. Who the f*** are you, compared with them? And with the amount of game time some of our blokes had on the weekend, it's clear that some of our guys are already being "rested" (and Gardi may have been too). It's happening and is going to happen, for some/all of those who need it, one way or another.
Ad hominem attacks aren't necessary if you can successfully defend your argument.

Screw Matthews, Bomber, Hird et al. You know what? I disagree. Who am I? A nobody punter.

Who are they?

I find it amusing that people attribute this "resting players" philosophy to Bomber in spite of his public statements to the contrary. Not that it matters either way. His lot aren't good enough.

As for Hirdy and Matthews... the ex-captain and coach of the team whose record we are threatening. Goodness forbid the '09 Saints could be a greater team than the '00 Bombers.

To say that something hasn't been done has no bearing on whether it can be done. It's a non sequitur. None of these "footy legends" "experts" or what have you, can make any kind of argument that is not a non sequitur.
I beg to differ and I don't need to defend my argument.
I was asking him the question because he was abusing those who have this view, like Leigh, Hirdy, etc, which is why I asked who the f*** he is, to be essentially abusing these legends of the game, who've been there and done it (and fairly recently).
I wasn't asking you, but thanks for butting-in and giving your opinion.
And they were actually talking mainly about Geelong, so Hirdy wouldn't feel threatened (as they'd just lost two games), but the same basically applies to us, because they were talking about a team that have a top two spot essentially sewn up. And who is the "coach of the team whose record we are threatening"? Leigh Matthews won 3 premierships. From memory our current batch has won NONE. I don't think he'd feel threatened IN THE LEAST. You need to get over yourself!
As for: "To say that something hasn't been done has no bearing on whether it can be done." I said this exact same thing in another post in the past week, so please tell me something I don't already know. I'm well aware of that, but just because something hasn't been done before, doesn't mean that it's what we should be doing, does it?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: The 2 suspensions are a blessing in disguise.

Nick wrote:
saintsrus wrote:
Nick wrote: If any comlacency was sneaking in, it's gone now.
Wow i can check a persons spelling too :) :) :)
There is a huge difference between confusing 'lose' and 'loose', and the letter 'P' on my keyboard not working.

that so...

' keep everyone on their toes. If any comlacency was sneaking in, it's gone now.'

....seemed to work nexus when you typed 'keep'..... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Nick wrote:
Thank you AnythingsPossibleSaints.
Writing what I did certainly doesn't mean I agree with all you said at all, because I strongly disagree with what you said about this week. I don't believe we "need a loss", at all. Especially this week.
We'd need to drop off considerably from last week to even come close to going down this week and I certainly don't want to see that.
I'd much rather we have a result like we did last time against them, so that if we play them in the finals we totally "have the wood" on them. And to keep our momentum going.
I believe that if we manage our list well enough, we don't have to taste defeat this year. As for saying "the pressure would be unbearable", pressure is just a perception and they can handle whatever is thrown before them. They just need to relax, like some on here, who are taking out all their anger in life on you, because you're an easy target.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:

Who are they?

I was asking him the question because he was abusing those who have this view, like Leigh, Hirdy, etc, which is why I asked who the f*** he is, to be essentially abusing these legends of the game, who've been there and done it (and fairly recently).
:lol: You're drawing pretty long bow there, 'defender of the greats', pffft. If you look at the bigger picture, you are a clown with no arguement who agrees with the opinion of a troll, designed to stir trouble. If you think hijacking the forum with the same subject over and over and over is great behaviour for a public forum, I hope to hell no-one makes you a moderator!

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:

Who are they?

:lol: You're drawing pretty long bow there, 'defender of the greats', pffft. If you look at the bigger picture, you are a clown with no arguement who agrees with the opinion of a troll, designed to stir trouble. If you think hijacking the forum with the same subject over and over and over is great behaviour for a public forum, I hope to hell no-one makes you a moderator!
I wasn't defending that, but again I ask who the f*** are you, to be abusing anyone? You're no better than anyone else. It "takes one" to "know one", or aren't you wise enough to have realised that? And I can draw a long bow if I want to, pffft, whatever that is. If you don't like it you can have another cry about it.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I wasn't defending that, but again I ask who the f*** are you, to be abusing anyone?
Hey, you're Mr Argy Bargy Agro here, claiming you're defending the greats of the game from the big bad bully of Saintsational. I'm a poster who's sick to death of idiots hijacking the forum...you seem to think it's a fair thing, and now you're trying to disguise your defense of a troll, with lofty claims about defending poor Hirdy from defamation. Shouldn't I be asking you the question, who the hell are you?

Stick to the Crawf's thread if you want to discuss it properly.

At least I'm humble enough to join in on existing threads and don't feel the need to see my name and my opinion emblazened at the top of the page...your buddy Nick is the one who needs to get over himself.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I wasn't defending that, but again I ask who the f*** are you, to be abusing anyone?
Hey, you're Mr Argy Bargy Agro here, claiming you're defending the greats of the game from the big bad bully of Saintsational. I'm a poster who's sick to death of idiots hijacking the forum...you seem to think it's a fair thing, and now you're trying to disguise your defense of a troll, with lofty claims about defending poor Hirdy from defamation. Shouldn't I be asking you the question, who the hell are you?

At least I'm humble enough to join in on existing threads and don't feel the need to see my name and my opinion emblazened at the top of the page...your buddy Nick is the one who needs to get over himself.
You are so full of yourself it's hilarious. And you call me a bully?
Am I the one telling people to "piss off", telling them what to do ("Stick to the Crawf's thread if you want to discuss it properly."), and calling people "formulites" "clowns", "trolls", "idiots" etc. You'd want to be careful doing that. And please don't tell me what to do, you're not my "boss".
And you call yourself "humble". Now that is funny!
Again, you say: "Stick to the Crawf's thread if you want to discuss it properly." yet you're on this thread, aren't you?
"At least I'm humble enough to join in on existing threads." you say, yet here you are!!

And again, I'm not defending the "hijacking the forum", but I'm not having a cry about it, either. I'm dealing with it like someone who's "grown-up". Surely surely there are "proper" avenues to go through if you have a major problem with that, or you're losing sleep over it.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

You are so full of yourself it's hilarious. And you call me a bully?
Am I the one telling people to "piss off", telling them what to do ("Stick to the Crawf's thread if you want to discuss it properly."), and calling people "formulites" "clowns", "trolls", "idiots" etc. You'd want to be careful doing that. And please don't tell me what to do, you're not my "boss".
And you call yourself "humble". Now that is funny!
Again, you say: "Stick to the Crawf's thread if you want to discuss it properly." yet you're on this thread, aren't you?
"At least I'm humble enough to join in on existing threads." you say, yet here you are!!
Yeah, I post in this thread as it's my 'Bad Cop' thread...it doesn't do any justice to the OP to make it worthwhile reading for anyone else.

"I wasn't asking you, but thanks for butting-in and giving your opinion."

It's a public forum you dork.

I have posted two solitary threads the whole time I've been here, I'm not a forum poser, I normally suck up other people's point of view and occasionally put in my opinion. I'll stick it up anyone who tries to hijack it and brow-beat the general population with the one dimensional argument (ala the 10 simultaneous threads on Ben Cousins earlier this year). Do you get the point now?

Signing off, Bad Cop degruch

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
Nick wrote:
I believe you as well.

Not a bad position
Did you read his entire post though, do you agree with everything then Batnoe? He wants to lose to the Bulldogs, that is what I disagree with, and have been doing so on this forum consistently. We didn't need to "drop one" to Adelaide, and we certainly don't need to lose to the Bulldogs. Both of whom we will come up against in our finals campaign, why give them any confidence they can beat us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:

Who are they?

And they were actually talking mainly about Geelong, so Hirdy wouldn't feel threatened (as they'd just lost two games), but the same basically applies to us, because they were talking about a team that have a top two spot essentially sewn up. And who is the "coach of the team whose record we are threatening"? Leigh Matthews won 3 premierships. From memory our current batch has won NONE. I don't think he'd feel threatened IN THE LEAST. You need to get over yourself!
As for: "To say that something hasn't been done has no bearing on whether it can be done." I said this exact same thing in another post in the past week, so please tell me something I don't already know. I'm well aware of that, but just because something hasn't been done before, doesn't mean that it's what we should be doing, does it?
You can mention those coaches and players but there are many others that disagree and the most important one is RL. You are fighting a losing battle because our coach knows exactly what he is doing. You make it up as you go along. As for Nick saying keep Kosi out an extra week if he is fit to look at Goose well firstly Goose isnt in the team yet and secondly if he is even if he doesnt touch the ball your suggesting he play another week and leave a guy out who has been part of 16 wins in a row. Goose.

Batnoe

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
Nick wrote:
I believe you as well.

Not a bad position
Did you read his entire post though, do you agree with everything then Batnoe? He wants to lose to the Bulldogs, that is what I disagree with, and have been doing so on this forum consistently. We didn't need to "drop one" to Adelaide, and we certainly don't need to lose to the Bulldogs. Both of whom we will come up against in our finals campaign, why give them any confidence they can beat us.
haha no i didnt, i just read giving other players because of a forced move is a good thing. i dont want to lose, i dont want them to get used to losing like they have winning.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
Nick wrote:
I believe you as well.

Not a bad position
haha no i didnt, i just read giving other players because of a forced move is a good thing. i dont want to lose, i dont want them to get used to losing like they have winning.
I thought you hadn't read his entire post, that's why I gave you an opportuntity to distance yourself from it. I am not so sure he is arguing about "resting" players, I think he is more about baiting people....

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I beg to differ and I don't need to defend my argument.
Take a breath mate. I didn't see any "abuse of the legends". Have you got a quote for me?
OOPS! I thought I was on a public discussion forum. My bad.
Take another breath.

I'm not the threat. The Saints are. And each week the threat gets more real.

Premierships aside. Are you going to tell me he's not proud of the longest winning streak within a season? It's one of the pillars of his "greatest team of all time" myth.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
degruch
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I thought you hadn't read his entire post, that's why I gave you an opportuntity to distance yourself from it. I am not so sure he is arguing about "resting" players, I think he is more about baiting people....
Got it in one. :wink:

After weeks of posting this crap, why isn't it being moderated. :x

asiu

why isn't it being moderated

is this the goodie goodie do gooders trying to take over again ?

the forums been the best its been for at least two years ...imoooc

degruch
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:
why isn't it being moderated
is this the goodie goodie do gooders trying to take over again ?
There's a lot of syllables in there for you...been taking lessons?