The 2 suspensions are a blessing in disguise.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Nick
Club Player

The 2 suspensions are a blessing in disguise.

Finally, a little bit of adversity for our team. This is fantastic because it will keep everyone on their toes. If any comlacency was sneaking in, it's gone now.

The 2 weeks that Zac got is fantastic. He will come back round 19 refreshed and raring to go. Hughton can replace him, no problem there. With Kosi, I would keep him out for 2 weeks as well and tell Maguie that he will be Full Forward for the next 2 weeks.

Now what we need is a close loss agaist the Bulldogs. If that happens, we will go on and win the flag, I am sure of it. :D :D :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Last edited by Nick on Wed 22 Jul 2009 11:48am, edited 1 time in total.

No signature
HarveysDeciple

Re: The 2 suspensions are a blessing in disguise.

Nick wrote:Finally a little bit adversity for our team. This is fantastic because it will keep everyone on their toes. If any comlacency was sneaking in, it's gone now.

The 2 weeks that Zac got is fantastic. He will come back round 19 refreshed and raring to go. Hughton can replace him, no problem there. With Kosi, I would keep him out for 2 weeks as well and tell Maguie that he will be Full Forward for the next 2 weeks.

Now what we need is a close loss agaist the Bulldogs. If that happens, we will go on and win the flag, I am sure of it. :D
oh dear....got any other thoughts on footy? or this same, must rest players rant?

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Yep we really need to loose against the dogs so they get it in their head they can beat us :roll:

Before Im 85
Nick
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:Yep we really need to loose against the dogs so they get it in their head they can beat us :roll:

No signature
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

This post will go down well!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Great, players potentially dropping out of form, loss of momentum, upsetting the team balance...yeah, just what we need.

I'd be happier if all the resting forumites took a long spell from this forum...how many 'resting' threads do we need. We've seen your point about 50 times, it's narrow minded crud, now piss off.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Completely disagree with your entire post Nick...all of it

Nick
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:This post will go down well!
It's only my opinion. If people don't agree that's fair enough. Isn't the point of a forum to post peoples opinions?

No signature
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nick wrote:
It's only my opinion. If people don't agree that's fair enough. Isn't the point of a forum to post peoples opinions?
Yep, steel yourself, as people won't be agreeing.....

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Nick wrote:
Well, not too many have agreed...haven't you been reading? It's nice you have an opinion, it's boring to see it 10 times a week, unless you've got some more to contribute give it a rest.

saint vince
Club Player

degruch wrote:Great, players potentially dropping out of form, loss of momentum, upsetting the team balance...yeah, just what we need.

I'd be happier if all the resting forumites took a long spell from this forum...how many 'resting' threads do we need. We've seen your point about 50 times, it's narrow minded crud, now piss off.
I don't care if someone has an opinion on resting or not resting as I don't think we should rest but who really knows what is best. The thing that gives me the s***s is that Nick ha not made a single post about anything else.

I challenged him last week to talk about anything else but he was unable to do it.

He needs to show some more credibilty in his knowledge of football before people will have any even half decent discussion with him about this.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Nick wrote: If any comlacency was sneaking in, it's gone now.
Wow i can check a persons spelling too :) :) :)

Before Im 85
Nick
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Nick wrote:
Thanks for the advice ohwhenthesaints!, however I reckon you will be surprised at how many people may agree with me. I admit, most won't because it's easier to be on the side of the majority, but those that have balls will.

No signature
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I can see Zac having trouble getting back into this team if there are no further injuries or suspensions.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Nick wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Nick wrote:
Thanks for the advice ohwhenthesaints!, however I reckon you will be surprised at how many people may agree with me. I admit, most won't because it's easier to be on the side of the majority, but those that have balls will.
You've got balls have you? Good on ya. I would have thought you're advocating an overly cautious approach to football, you ballsy guy. Have a read of the other thread on Crawf's thoughts...you've got a few resting mates there, but overall, there's a better approach to 'resting' that's been noted.

Nick
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I can see Zac having trouble getting back into this team if there are no further injuries or suspensions.
Zac will be straight back in come Round 19.

No signature
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

At whose expense?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Great, players potentially dropping out of form, loss of momentum, upsetting the team balance...yeah, just what we need.

Kosi was already out of form, so a couple of weeks away may do him the world of good, as it may for Zac, who isn't used to playing 25 straight games in the AFL. I expect they'll both come back champing at the bit and how much form are they going to lose in two weeks? If they do lose any, we have some easy games for them to get it back, leading up to the finals.
And if you don't like what's being written, here's a thought, you could perhaps NOT READ THEM!
And if you're calling "resting" blokes who are in need of it "narrow minded crud", it's probably done every year (except perhaps when Sydney won in 2005) and the likes of Leigh Matthews, James Hird, by the looks of it Bomber Thompson, etc, are all advocating it. Who the f*** are you, compared with them? And with the amount of game time some of our blokes had on the weekend, it's clear that some of our guys are already being "rested" (and Gardi may have been too). It's happening and is going to happen, for some/all of those who need it, one way or another.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Nick
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:

Kosi was already out of form, so a couple of weeks away may do him the world of good, as it may for Zac, who isn't used to playing 25 straight games in the AFL. I expect they'll both come back champing at the bit and how much form are they going to lose in two weeks? If they do lose any, we have some easy games for them to get it back, leading up to the finals.
And if you don't like what's being written, how about you "piss off", or here's a thought, you could perhaps NOT READ THEM!
And if you're calling "resting" blokes who are in need of it "narrow minded crud", it's probably done every year (except perhaps when Sydney won in 2005) and the likes of Leigh Matthews, James Hird, by the looks of it Bomber Thompson, etc, are all advocating it. Who the f*** are you, compared with them? And with the amount of game time some of our blokes had on the weekend, it's clear that some of our guys are already being "rested" (and Gardi may have been too). It's happening and is going to happen, for some/all of those who need it, one way or another.
Thank you AnythingsPossibleSaints.

No signature
degruch
Saintsational Legend

And if you don't like what's being written, how about you "piss off", or here's a thought, you could perhaps NOT READ THEM!
As for calling it "narrow minded crud", it's probably done every year (except perhaps when Sydney won in 2005) and the likes of Leigh Matthews, James Hird, by the looks of it Bomber Thompson, etc, are all advocating it. Who the f*** are you, compared with them? And with the amount of game time some of our blokes had on the weekend, it's clear that some of our guys are already being "rested" (and Gardi may have been too). It's happening and is going to happen, for some/all of those who need it, one way or another.
What a freakin' legend you are, with your boring narrow minded approach...why don't have a look and see what's actually happening in regard to 'resting ' players, with increased rotations...it'd blow your mind.

It is not great for any team to have its players suspended, it's not good for their confidence, it's not good for team moral, it's not good for team coehesion...think outside the square matey.

As for not reading it...get stuffed, the forum is covered in resting rants, all saying the same thing, most from the same posters. Who do I think I am, I'm someone who likes to see balanced informative points of view argued on a public forum, not to have it overrun by clowns with an agenda and almost no audience.

Nick
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:
Nick wrote: If any comlacency was sneaking in, it's gone now.
Wow i can check a persons spelling too :) :) :)
There is a huge difference between confusing 'lose' and 'loose', and the letter 'P' on my keyboard not working.

No signature
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

But it's working in other parts of your post. :?

Nick
Club Player

degruch wrote:

As for calling it "narrow minded crud", it's probably done every year (except perhaps when Sydney won in 2005) and the likes of Leigh Matthews, James Hird, by the looks of it Bomber Thompson, etc, are all advocating it. Who the f*** are you, compared with them? And with the amount of game time some of our blokes had on the weekend, it's clear that some of our guys are already being "rested" (and Gardi may have been too). It's happening and is going to happen, for some/all of those who need it, one way or another.
What a freakin' legend you are, with your boring narrow minded approach...why don't have a look and see what's actually happening in regard to 'resting ' players, with increased rotations...it'd blow your mind.

It is not great for any team to have its players suspended, it's not good for their confidence, it's not good for team moral, it's not good for team coehesion...think outside the square matey.

As for not reading it...get stuffed, the forum is covered in resting rants, all saying the same thing, most from the same posters. Who do I think I am, I'm someone who likes to see balanced informative points of view argued on a public forum, not to have it overrun by clowns with an agenda and almost no audience.
I'll tell you who you are degruch. You are a person who can't handle someone who has a different opinion. You resort to name calling because you are unable to discuss.

No signature
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Nick wrote:
degruch wrote:

I'll tell you who you are degruch. You are a person who can't handle someone who has a different opinion. You resort to name calling because you are unable to discuss.
Add your opinion in the Crawf's thoughts thread then, instead of bludgeoning everyone with the same thing week in and week out...even your point of view is being properly represented.

Batnoe

Nick wrote:
I believe you as well.

It will keep the players on their toes, the guys that come in will bust their gut or miss out on the finals. It means the if the guys that replace them play well it will mean Zac and Kosi will have to play hard and even better to get back in. It is better to have 24-25 guys in form and wanting to play than having 17 injuries and picking the only 22 available guys...

Not a bad position