ZAC VERDICT !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal'sGal26
Club Player

donthglfa wrote:I dont think it was even worth a free kick let alone 2 weeks out :evil:
100% agree. It was right in front of where I was sitting, it was a fair hip and shoulder, something I thought was still allowed in football!!!!!

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
happy feet
Club Player

Appeal

How the hell was that worth 2 weeks. The hit Gian put on Kosi was not deemed rough conduct but fractured his skull? What a joke.

If we are to maintain any credibility and not be an AFL whipping boy we must appeal.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Shocked? It's a joke, but worth taking to the Appeals Board which can look at any evidence, including past incidents. Remember, this was the Tribunal.
Not worth it. We shouldnt get involved in that staff. Need to look at the bigger picture.
You are kidding aren't you, absolutely worth it....

ace
Saintsational Legend

I am not sure have I ever said

"AFL an abbreviation for corruption"

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

same penalty as halls intentional punch to the face with halls track record...brilliant... :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Must appeal!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:Must appeal!
What grounds?

It will just waste another chunk of money and chunk of time.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
midas_touch
Club Player

Just further evidence that there is a vendetta towards us with it comes to the tribunal and suspensions.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Shocked? It's a joke, but worth taking to the Appeals Board which can look at any evidence, including past incidents. Remember, this was the Tribunal.
Well it is chooklotto with this brilliant system:-

Jordan Lewis punches Firrito in the stomach hard enough to drop him to his kness and gets told by the Tribunal that there was 'insufficient force to constitute a blow'.
You've gotta get on your knees for that

Another opportunity awaits!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Well, by this verdict, the AFL has just declared that it's umpires are incompetent, after all, as I mentioned in the other thread, the closest umpire, who had a clear view of the incident, deemed that it wasn't worthy of a report, 50 metre, or even a free kick to get a 50 metre.
Therefore is decision has been over rided by the AFL's officials, meaning a declaration of incompetence.
Gee just think of the stink if a coach did the same thing, oh wait a coach has and then an AFL commentator was called liar.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Well, seeing as Launie locked the other thread, I'll ask the question here..

Where's plugger66 telling us how 'fair' the system is?
Then he should tell us how Zac would have got the exact same penalty if he played for The Filth, The Scum, or The Bummers.

Better get the skirts out fellas, because it's officially become a girl's game as of today... (absolutely no disrespect meant to the girls; but they have to admit they can't play the game at the highest level)

AFL = A pack of Flowering CAN'TS!!!
Last edited by BakesFan on Tue 21 Jul 2009 9:28pm, edited 2 times in total.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Must appeal!
What grounds?

It will just waste another chunk of money and chunk of time.
On the grounds that we are sick and tired of being rogered in the arse time and time again by the tribunal

Sorry Roger :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
happy feet
Club Player

Crystal ball, hypothetical, whatever

Newsflash - in a groundbreaking ruling, the AFL tribunal has suspended the entire St Kilda football team after its bruising preliminary final win over Geelong. In justifying its actions, the tribunal has advised that it cannot possibly entertain the possibility of St Kilda winning the 2009 flag. It has recommended that AFL favourites, the Sydney Swans, take the place of the now suspended Saints against the other AFL all time favourite Essendon. League pundits are trying to guess how many goals Matthew Lloyd will kick from dubious free kicks. It is rumoured that the Swans will bring Big Bad Bazza out of retirement to belt a few of the Don's around in the first quarter, without being reported or being found guilty of anything by the match review committee.

CORDZ
Club Player

ZAC

St Kilda must have the worst team of legal experts in the entire AFL. When was the last time we successfully argued a case to get someone off?? It seems whenever we fight a decision - we may as well save the time and money and double the penalty!!!!! :evil: :evil:

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Re: ZAC

CORDZ wrote:St Kilda must have the worst team of legal experts in the entire AFL. When was the last time we successfully argued a case to get someone off?? It seems whenever we fight a decision - we may as well save the time and money and double the penalty!!!!! :evil: :evil:
Should have taken the King decision to the tribunal. The MRP got this right under their (flawed) system.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

If thats worth two weeks, its now official, NETBALL rules are more lenient on bumps than AFL.

Absolutely pathetic.

Jimmy1972
Club Player

Bugger :cry:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:If thats worth two weeks, its now official, NETBALL rules are more lenient on bumps than AFL.

Absolutely pathetic.
This is what gets me - the charge was

Reckless conduct, medium impact and body contact

Body contact???? :shock:

Aussie Rules Football as we know it ..... is dead :(

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Young Georgie
Club Player

Bad call. Stupid call. Totally effen biased bullshite corrupt call.

But, what's to gain at this stage by appealing? Fight the power that be? Impale Vlad and gut Adrian Anonymous? :twisted: Pfft!

The system's farkd and I'm as pssed off as the next Sainter but I reckon as someone said earlier they've got bigger fish to fry. Like with Rudi Kuertzen and the Strauss 'catch' and all those patently shite decisions, sometimes you've got to just wear it and you've got to move on.

We've got the luxury of ready made replacements in Max, Goose, Begley, Gardiner, etc and Zac will miss the Dogs and the Swans not the finals. And if St Kilda's legals are anything to go by the appeal would fail and we'd give someone more ammo to have a go.

We've had the rough end of the stick for decades and they've got to have a whipping boy but once St Kilda wins its 2nd flag and stamps its authority the AFL can jam it up someone else for a while.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for some hard earned respect!!

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
FullMonty
Club Player

Typical kangaroo court decision when it comes to StKilda players.

Probably compares well with Frasers love tap (1 week).

Either we should give up contesting or get a decent QC.

Montyrules!
Milne
Club Player

I'm just glad this isn't during the finals.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am more worried that this may impact Zac's confidence, I have been enjoying his natural instinct on the field and how he imposes himself on a game. I don't want him to think twice, or change his style....

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I thought it was a stupid decsion to challenge this in the 1st place.

The offer was 1 week for god's sake. Even though the principle is wrong, principles don't win you premierships.
Stevie Baker could have lied RE the Baker incident and said that he stopped suddenly and Farmer ran into him. Instead, he told the truth thathe stopped suddenly and doubled back to bump into him and BAMO 6 weeks.

Everyone knows that our track record with the tribunal is not good. We have to appeal now but i doubt anything will change.

Should have just taken the week on the chin, not ruffled the boat and gone on with it.

*NEWS FLASH!!! We can't stick it to the AFL and win. GT tried it with the umpires and it cost us big time. Suck it up and keep on marching IMO

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Why does everyone think by appealing we are "sticking it up the AFL"?
The tribunal is independent, they took over half an hour to make a decision, which means it was not a clear cut decision.

Pay the money, fight the good fight, defend our player as he deserves to be defended, not because the AFL is corrupt or we are being victimised, but because Zac did the team thing and somehow has been suspended.
The decision is incorrect, that is why the appeal is required, nothing more nothing less.

oneteam
Club Player

Re: ZAC

CORDZ wrote:St Kilda must have the worst team of legal experts in the entire AFL. When was the last time we successfully argued a case to get someone off?? It seems whenever we fight a decision - we may as well save the time and money and double the penalty!!!!! :evil: :evil:
We won the last one, which was in round 4 this year. They argued the force by Montagna was not enough to justify the report. The tribunal agreed and threw it out.