Ticketmaster breaks its own rules

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Ticketmaster breaks its own rules

If someone could explain the consistency of the ticketmaster seat sales at ES I'd appreciate as it seems to change week to week.

Yesterday at 315pm I went up to the Ticketmaster ticket sales booth and asked if someone wanted to sit next to me could they buy a premium ticket for the match.

His response was "Well Aisle 38 is in the members section, so no, the best I can offer is Aisles 41 & 43" Fair enough so my frinds went up to the nose bleeds Level 3.

But lo and behold we go to our reserved member seats in Aisle 38 to find we're surrounded by Crows supporters in the seats I was trying to buy 30 mins beforehand and had been knocked back by Ticketmaster.
So I asked the nice and polite Crows supporter sitting next to my seat how he'd got the tickets and his response was that he'd bought them through the internet on the Wednesday and this were the seats allocated.

Hmmmmm, no I can't, yes they can. buy these seats. Any explainations out there from anyone in the know?

And to top the day off, the somewhat generous aisle attendent was allowing those without any purchased seat tickets to walk into Aisle 38 & 39 and sit in the empty seats.

Fair dinkum, I'm prepared to stand on principal about how much we've paid for those seats, but when the aisle attendents show no sense of how much we've paid what do you do then?

SaintDebi
Club Player

I wonder about it too. Aisle 40 we had a couple of Cats supporters behind us a couple of weeks ago: fair enough- I understand that all spare seats including those unsold in reserved seating areas are sold to the general public for fully ticketed games. I'll cop that. But this week the same seats were occupied by Crows supporters. (Quite loud and obnoxious in the first quarter but they soon shut up). I can't remember who, if anyone usually sits there, so I was wondering if ticketmaster are selling these or if whoever "owns" them just keeps giving them away.
My older daughter couldn't be there this week, and my other daughter's boyfriend came to the game, but even though we had a spare seat they went and sat on L3, meaning we actually had two seats empty. We did it this way because i don't think its fair for those around us to have to accommodate an opposition supporter. So I felt a bit ripped off having other crows supporters sitting there.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au where are you ? !!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ticketmaster breaks its own rules

ozrulestrace wrote:Fair dinkum, I'm prepared to stand on principal about how much we've paid for those seats, but when the aisle attendents show no sense of how much we've paid what do you do then?
I think you should leave teachers out of this.

Zippy
Club Player

I'm confused - the match isn't fully ticketed, is it?

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Its my understanding that seats among yearly reserved seat holders are only sold if all other reserved seats are already gone. Clearly with all the empty seating behind the goals at the Adelaide end that wasnt the case...

Ill sus it out

Just on Aisle attendants..we had a great guy in L3 35 ...really took the time to check everyones ticket properly and ensured that only reserved seat holders sat in reserved seat areas!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
benengel14
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote: We did it this way because i don't think its fair for those around us to have to accommodate an opposition supporter. So I felt a bit ripped off having other crows supporters sitting there.
As long as the invited guest is mindful of the fact they're in a st kilda members area - I really don't think the vast majority would have minded one way or the other.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

saint66au wrote: Just on Aisle attendants..we had a great guy in L3 35 ...really took the time to check everyones ticket properly and ensured that only reserved seat holders sat in reserved seat areas!!!
Well done that man !!!

I must remember to buy him a pie if I a ever up that way .

Doh !!!! Forgot ,, I am going to boycott the food places due to their service or lack there of and smuggle my own in.

What will be next from this club ?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Another query re: ticketmaster....

I realise that the match against the bulldogs is not fully ticketed, though for the past week I have been trying to book some level three seating for a group of us to go....has GA been sold out as yet does anyone know?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Another query re: ticketmaster....

I realise that the match against the bulldogs is not fully ticketed, though for the past week I have been trying to book some level three seating for a group of us to go....has GA been sold out as yet does anyone know?
If you cant get L3 seating on the TM site its prolly not a good sign..but I'll make a call tomorrow and see what the story is :-)

Bear in mind theres only the front 6 rows of 7-8 bays on each side of the ground that are available to reserve

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

If you cant get L3 seating on the TM site its prolly not a good sign..but I'll make a call tomorrow and see what the story is :-)

Bear in mind theres only the front 6 rows of 7-8 bays on each side of the ground that are available to reserve
Thanks, worse case I will pay $17....though not paying anything will suit be better. I guess I could risk getting there at 5.30 and get in, but it's going to be a big match :D

sainter35
Club Player

It was the same on Level 1, Aisle 36.

We pay a lot of money for our seats (like the rest of you) and this season we seem to have a spare seat next to us. You pay enough for a SC membership as it is so if we're going to be sat next to an opposition supporter for the rest of the season as we have for the previous two matches we'll forget about the reserved seats next year and sit in the Social Club area.

Are you able to mention this next time you speak to the ticketing representative at the stadium saint66au?

I'm happy to ring the club but it might be more effective going straight to the ticketing manager, especially if you were going to make a call anyway. :wink:

SaintDebi
Club Player

benengel14 wrote:
SaintDebi wrote: We did it this way because i don't think its fair for those around us to have to accommodate an opposition supporter. So I felt a bit ripped off having other crows supporters sitting there.
As long as the invited guest is mindful of the fact they're in a st kilda members area - I really don't think the vast majority would have minded one way or the other.
I think that you're probably right. Especially as those around us are a really good bunch of people. But I just feel that its the respectful thing to do.
As Sainter 35 points out, we all pay good money for these seats, and one of the selling points is "enjoy the game surrounded by fellow Saints supporters".
I would not expect my guest to enjoy the game if he was not able to cheer his team, and perhaps knock ours at times.
We brought this same guest to the Cats game and he sat with us then, but I felt that was different as he wasn't supporting the opposition.

mordi
Club Player

Yes, if you want tickets for saturday night , please buy aisle 31 row K, 6-9.

Had Crows behind us ( following the Cats 2 weeks ago).

And those obnoxious woman in about row H aisle 32....when she gave them a standing ovation at qtr time, I thought this could get ugly. Luckily the saints did their job, she shut up and left!!!!!

What's the Point of it All?
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

Just spoke To ES

The front 6 rows of ALL level 3 bays will be reserved seating on Saturday night..not just the Wing areas...and there are a couple of thousand still left.

ES are catering for a crowd of 50,000

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor