Zac dawson- offered 1 week?? - Kosi 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ratismeat
Club Player

Absolute s***. More crap from a bunch of tools. Piss off MRP.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

terry smith rules wrote:I just went and rewatched the Dawson bump a couple of times.

I am not sure that it is a week but it is not good. The Adelaide player is standing the mark. You can't allow hits on players like that who are just standing the mark.

It brings up all that discussion on players anticipating a hit. I think if you are just standing the mark you should not have to anticipate a hit.

Different kettle of fish if it is a shepherd, but this one is not.
Umpire had clearly called play on, so your 'standing the mark' theory does not apply as the player had moved off the mark. The hit on Westoff was much worse and there was nothing to answer for. Would be interested to see what Bakes would have got for that.......
Last edited by saint75 on Mon 20 Jul 2009 9:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SaintDebi wrote:I must have been watching a different game. I love Zac. He's hard at it, determined and has the guts we need, but he took the guy out off the ball. He was way too late, and it was unesseccary. Just happened to have my eye on him when it happened and said at the time he could be in trouble.
Sorry, just trying to be objective and that's what I saw.
Like I said, I love Zaccy. Hope this doesn't make him rethink how he's been playing. He's been great this year.
Sorry SaintDebi, I have to disagree here. He was not late. Joey had the ball and Zac came in to shepherd as the umpire had called play on. Not unnecessary, just hard tough football. If you start changing that about the game, (or pinging Saints players every time they are tough at the ball) the Saints may as well change footy codes now! In the NRL, you can have a full boxing match and not even cop a penalty!!

Seriously, Hawthorn is lauded for playing 'unsociable football' and Franklin had a hit that was not great to look at and no mention of it (just a 50m penalty from memory which was all that it deserved). That was all Kosi deserved at best and I am sick to freaking death of St Kilda copping crap from the tribunal & MRP. It is farcical and it needs to be addressed.

Demetriou has openly admitted our draw is unfair, maybe he may now also admit that we are continually screwed by the MRP and the tribunal also.

The only positive out of this is that if they don't appeal and both players cop it on the chin, this team will just consider it another of the many challenges faced by them this year and will overcome it and beat the sh*t out of the Bulldogs. I sure wouldn't want to come up against a pi*%ed off St Kilda team? Would you?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Zippy
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:should just belt someone in the face, you only get two weeks for that...no wait thats just barry hall + a track record :roll:
Good thought -we should try it :twisted: . Zac just needs to put on a Swans tracksuit and a gorilla mask.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
rexy
SS Life Member

Must appeal the Dawson suspension as long as the actual contact is legitimately executed, wrong on many levels.

Maybe this year?
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Reckon dawson will have a go at his. Wasnt head high. Think he should be right. Think Kosi should just take a week. His eyes were on the player not the ball. he is going to miss with injury and i know it is better he didnt get reported but it looked deliberate.
agreed

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Max for Dawson.

Maguire for Koschitzke.

no problems with those as like-for-like replacements. i'd also bring in gardiner (if fit) for mcevoy and perhaps ball for eddy (or dempster).

i'm as disappointed as anyone with the MRP's findings, but challenging it might be an unwanted distraction and could prove counter-productive.

kosi's i put down to pure clumsiness (which he has form for) rather than anything malicious.

on zac, this will not be the only time he is in trouble in what is hopefully a long and distinguished career. i hope he learns from it and next time he wants to clean someone up he does it in a way for which he cannot be pinged.

SaintDippa
Club Player

Kosi - I must see it at least one time each game - bloke with arms extended overhead taking a mark with an opponent giving him one behind the ear. Commentators invariably calling 'Gee- they made him earn that one!".

Now - after (16 * 8) 128 like incidents over the season - the MRP decide to call this one out. They would have to be kidding.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I think we are venting our spleens in the wrong direction.
I have said this before and got howled down for it, but I will try again.
The MRP is only doing its job, the problem lies with the StKilda FC rolling over meekly and accepting the verdicts.
There is no reason to appeal the Kosi penalty, cheap shot and he is out for a week most likely, and his form the last two weeks may indicate he needs a break.
But the Dawson decision should be appealed. If the StKilda FC hold a mirror to the MRP decisions then at the very least the players will know the club is behind them.
And before I get the Baker appeal thrown back at me, that was badly handled by the club.

Seeya
Beej
Saintsational Legend

After seeing the incident again, Kosi was a bit more than clumsy.

He was being starved of the footy at the time and his was an act born out of pure frustration.

Had no intention of actually punching the footy, nor was he even close to it in the end.

Pretty reckless on second viewing, IMO.

AlpineStars
Club Player

Zacs is a joke, In play ,ball with in 5 meters, play on called?
Jordan Lewis last week deliberatly punches Firrito in the guts has a shocking record and gets off.
I would risk making it 2 games and take it to the tribunral along with the footage of Trent Wests Hit on X.

Wake me up when September ends.
SaintDippa
Club Player

Was deemed reckless, low impact and high contact.

Looked like the contact was across the shoulder. Should at least challenge the contact rating from 'high' to 'body' and reduce from Level 2 to 1.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

[quote="saint75
Sorry SaintDebi, I have to disagree here. He was not late. Joey had the ball and Zac came in to shepherd as the umpire had called play on. Not unnecessary, just hard tough football. [/quote]

Which was exactly what the commentators on the radio said at the time. They noted it was hard footy, a legitimate bump and Aussie said, quote, "nothing wrong with that" to which Whately, Lane? and whoever else was doing comments all concurred. It's absolute bulls*** and must be appealed.

SaintDebi
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:I must have been watching a different game. I love Zac. He's hard at it, determined and has the guts we need, but he took the guy out off the ball. He was way too late, and it was unesseccary. Just happened to have my eye on him when it happened and said at the time he could be in trouble.
Sorry, just trying to be objective and that's what I saw.
Like I said, I love Zaccy. Hope this doesn't make him rethink how he's been playing. He's been great this year.
Sorry SaintDebi, I have to disagree here. He was not late. Joey had the ball and Zac came in to shepherd as the umpire had called play on. Not unnecessary, just hard tough football. If you start changing that about the game, (or pinging Saints players every time they are tough at the ball) the Saints may as well change footy codes now! In the NRL, you can have a full boxing match and not even cop a penalty!!

Seriously, Hawthorn is lauded for playing 'unsociable football' and Franklin had a hit that was not great to look at and no mention of it (just a 50m penalty from memory which was all that it deserved). That was all Kosi deserved at best and I am sick to freaking death of St Kilda copping crap from the tribunal & MRP. It is farcical and it needs to be addressed.

Demetriou has openly admitted our draw is unfair, maybe he may now also admit that we are continually screwed by the MRP and the tribunal also.

The only positive out of this is that if they don't appeal and both players cop it on the chin, this team will just consider it another of the many challenges faced by them this year and will overcome it and beat the sh*t out of the Bulldogs. I sure wouldn't want to come up against a pi*%ed off St Kilda team? Would you?
I'm happy to accept that you may be right, especially as so many on here see it that way. As I said in a further post, my comments were based on what I saw (or thought I saw) in the seconds it took to happen at the time. I'm still waiting for someone to drop off a copy of the foxtel tape to view it again.
I always like to watch the game again on tape as its amazing how often things look clearer and very different when you can take the time to get a good look at it. I'm certainly not one who wants to over sanitise our game. The toughness is part of why I love footy so much.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

healy on"on the couch "said it was a mongrel act by zac but not reportable.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:healy on"on the couch "said it was a mongrel act by zac but not reportable.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
at worst negligent not reckless.

The MRP are corrupt, so it depends on their agenda of the week of course!

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Zac's hit within the rules as play on had been called. We should challange that one. Kosi should take the week and run; no eyes for the pill, late hit to the scone. It seems every round 16 he does something stupid. :roll:

How does 5 points Level 2 offence equate (as both acts were assessed) to 225 points for Zac, and 125 points for Kosi? How does that work? :?

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:The MRP are corrupt, so it depends on their agenda of the week of course!
Hi Darren! :D :wink: Still in form I see!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:The MRP are corrupt, so it depends on their agenda of the week of course!
Hi Darren! :D :wink: Still in form I see!
Just testing you :lol:

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

St DAC wrote:Zac's hit within the rules as play on had been called. We should challange that one. Kosi should take the week and run; no eyes for the pill, late hit to the scone. It seems every round 16 he does something stupid. :roll:

How does 5 points Level 2 offence equate (as both acts were assessed) to 225 points for Zac, and 125 points for Kosi? How does that work? :?
Zac's hit was no different to Steven King's against Power. There was no way the player could or should expect a hit in that sort of situation

In terms of points I can only assume that Zac's was classified as rough conduct and Kosi's as a strike. Rough conduct carries more points. I don't know why. But it explains why Kingy got six weeks for a bump with an accidental clash of heads and Brennan only got three weeks for a deliberated headbutt.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti23 wrote:
St DAC wrote:Zac's hit within the rules as play on had been called. We should challange that one. Kosi should take the week and run; no eyes for the pill, late hit to the scone. It seems every round 16 he does something stupid. :roll:

Zac's hit was no different to Steven King's against Power. There was no way the player could or should expect a hit in that sort of situation

In terms of points I can only assume that Zac's was classified as rough conduct and Kosi's as a strike. Rough conduct carries more points. I don't know why. But it explains why Kingy got six weeks for a bump with an accidental clash of heads and Brennan only got three weeks for a deliberated headbutt.
When the umpire calls play on and you move off the mark, are you telling me that a player should not expect a bump or a shepherd from an opposition player? Please tell me your are kidding? Further to those comments, you believe that they should all appear at the tribunal if this does happen? Do you want to dress the players up in tutu's next week also? Where is that FFS emoticon when you need it!

Might I also add that when this exact same thing happened to Kosi, he was told that it was his fault as his peripheral vision was an issue. Couldn't the same be said for the Adelaide player? He SHOULD be aware of what is around him when he moves off the mark and the umpire signals play on. He won't last long on the field each week if he does not! At the very least, his team mates should have been talking to him on the ground.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Griggsy
SS Life Member

commentator during the game I think said Kosi will probably not get anything if a gut punch doesnt. Good logic, but the MRP lacks it.

The Dawson one ???? what the. Challenge, just show a bunch of tapes of other worse bumps that got nothing. Ttribunal will probably still end up showing its hypocrisy.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Challenge them both.

Horseapples.

Match review panel during their playing days:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
F_Q_F
Club Player

Griggsy wrote:The Dawson one ???? what the. Challenge, just show a bunch of tapes of other worse bumps that got nothing. Ttribunal will probably still end up showing its hypocrisy.
Yeah for some reason the MRP panel doesn't let you use past events as evidence.

Stupidest. System. Ever.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

unreal
here we f****** go

what ever you do dont touch another player too hard...
some of the shite that gets looked at now is unbelievable.

one week its legit and a fair bump, the following week its unacceptable.