To Those BOOING at the end of the game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:Message on the banner maybe...?
It's called FOOTball
You're supposed to kick it long
16-0 means nothing
Lyon has clearly got it wrong

Yeah nah pleasing positive
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Hope your being sarcastic. I really do.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I will say this again to all of our numbskull supporters who have no idea when this happens. Our medical staff have realised that the majority of soft tissue injuries happen in the last five minutes of quarters when the players are tired. They have been instructed to hold the ball up when we are well in front, rather than risk injuries to our stars. People just don't get it, leave it to the experts, they know what they are doing, i mean we are 16 and nil after all

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Beej
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Is there ANY way a message could be got out to these imbiciles? Seriousl! It has to stop, I dont go to the footy to cringe at the stupidity of my own teams fans! f****** pathetic. Message on the banner maybe, nah...probably not, but can we do something?
We really need to cheer every pass, that's the only way those imbeciles will realise that conserving energy with a spot of keepings-off is not such a bad thing.

A couple of idiots would start to boo, a few others will think to themselves, "yeah! that is against the spirit of the game, I'll boo too" and it begins to catch on around the ground.

Sure most of us want to see frantic, attacking footy from start to finish but we need to look at the bigger picture.

It would have to be more the old fashioned supporters who aren't fans of it... the purists I guess. The same kind who think the game is now "soft" because you don't get 20-man brawls each week.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:We have a massive quota of simple fans.

Agree with the observation that our fans' lack of understanding of the modern game is frightening.

Every time someone yells "bloody kick it" or boos the energy-conserving play, I just put my head in my hands.

Thankfully, the level two crowd seem a little better adjusted - or detached - from the mob I used to sit near on L1.
Dead right there...

I am sick and tired of listening to some old fart from behind me shouting every time the opposition kick a point...

"MAN UP"

"PLAY ONE ON ONE FOOTBALL, TOO MANY LOOSE PLAYERS"

These so called loose players are in the back pocket, and he has no idea of a zone defence...

So many times during the games he shouts out "JUST KICK THE BLOODY THING"

And in some cases a player does and it gets turned over....

Do you think the penny has dropped....

NO....

and his stupid message is spreading to some others that sit next to him...

I really feel like telling him to shut the F*** up because it is really annoying that he knows F*** all, but I am considering his age ATM...

But I feel I will let fly very soon....

Are you reading this saints66au???

Yes we both laugh at his constant shouting, but if this stupid man spreads his words much longer, I will give him some back in the near future

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Even though it is very annoying listening to people who dont understand footy these days, I dont think it is worth starting a slanging match with our own supporters. they pay their money like everyone else and are entitled to an opinion even if floored. Now it is completely different if they are swearing or racially abusing people. Then get stuck into them as much as you like even though they are likely to be morons and may do something you dont want.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Even though it is very annoying listening to people who dont understand footy these days, I dont think it is worth starting a slanging match with our own supporters.
I reckon it is.

I overhead some wag say: "Sounds like Civil War is about to break out!"
after I was having a go at the knob behind me.

....now that is gold!