1st FIXture leak !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

1st FIXture leak !!

Heard on MMM that there will be more Thursday Night & Monday Night games in the 2010 FIXture. Let's hope we DON'T get landed with any more than ONE of these, although I suspect we will.

I like the publicity WE are receiving about the 2009 FIXture this week. Even Demitriou has said (MMM & Bigpond) that "It is not ideal" when talking about this years FIXture, the finals FIXture and the fact that WE only play the MCG on one occasion this year. He even added us to his big 5 when talking about large drawing Vic based clubs; His list in order was St Kilda, Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon & Geelong. Lets hope that this translates into a much better "Commercial Draw" for us in 2010.

I believe that the STADIUM DEALS will have a MASSIVE influence on the2010 FIXture. StKFC, being an anchor tennant at Etihad Stadium is in a very delicate position !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah
two thursdays and possibly 3 mondays

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: 1st FIXture leak !!

Eastern wrote:Heard on MMM that there will be more Thursday Night & Monday Night games in the 2010 FIXture. Let's hope we DON'T get landed with any more than ONE of these, although I suspect we will.
i'm not a huge fan of thursday nights, but they're no worse than friday or saturday nights. mondays are good, i'd be happy if we had lots of monday games.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:He even added us to his big 5 when talking about large drawing Vic based clubs; His list in order was St Kilda, Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon & Geelong.
He was only naming Victorian based clubs in the eight - he was implying that Footscray or whatever other name they like to call themselves would not draw a large crowd at the G.

Otherwise he would have added Hawthorn to that list.
But he is also implying that North Melbourne does not draw a crowd wherever they are on the ladder and that Melbourne and Richmond have not been drawing crowds recently due to consistently being near the bottom of the ladder despite having the G as their home ground.

It may upset reserve seat holders and those who like to sit indoors but it may be a commercially good idea to play all games against interstate teams at Docklands and home gaming only those clubs that can't pull a crowd at Docklands.

The rest of the Melbourne based games would then be played at the G.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Eastern wrote:He even added us to his big 5 when talking about large drawing Vic based clubs; His list in order was St Kilda, Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon & Geelong.
He was only naming Victorian based clubs in the eight - he was implying that Footscray or whatever other name they like to call themselves would not draw a large crowd at the G.

Otherwise he would have added Hawthorn to that list.
The facts remain:

He mentioned us; and

He mentioned us 1st on that list;

These are monumental steps as far as our club is concerned, ALL OF THEM BEING POSITIVE !!

saintm
Club Player

Was listening to ABC Radio yesterday when Andrew was on.

Twilight Saturday games were also discussed with a 5 pm start and two byes per season when the Gold Coast enters the competition. AFL are not really happy with the bye situation which is part of the reason the 2012 entry of another team is being pushed.

Could well be a jumbled year next year as they try to find the right timeslots for the extra games.

derby Street
Club Player

Do you think Andrew might arrange for us to play on both the Thursday & Monday night in the same round ? :D (and you think I'm joking :shock: )

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Well why wouldn't he want us to play all our finals on the MCG?

We have the highest finals attendance average out of any team in the league, somewhere around 77,000!!!

And.....with us playing such great football, we'll be an even bigger drawcard!!!

:wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Eastern wrote: It may upset reserve seat holders and those who like to sit indoors but it may be a commercially good idea to play all games against interstate teams at Docklands and home gaming only those clubs that can't pull a crowd at Docklands.
Why would it upset 'reserved seat holders' to play games at the MCG?

If the Club is drawn to play home games at the MCG then I'm sure the CLub will allocate reserved seats to those members who have PAID for them, just like they do at the Dome.

As for sitting indoors, in the pouring rain I would much prefer to be at the MCG with 40-50,000 fellow fans than sitting at the Dome with the roof closed. :roll:

In all our games over the years against Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood at the Dome(home or away) has there ever been a crowd over 50,000? I don't believe so.

Maybe if Saints fans knew that the only way they could get to see us play was to purchase a membership & reserved seat package we'd have larger crowds and a better financial position?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I would be in favor of 1 or 2 Saturday Twilight games, at Etihad Stadium, Home games, against larger drawing Vic based clubs !!

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
ace wrote:
Eastern wrote: It may upset reserve seat holders and those who like to sit indoors but it may be a commercially good idea to play all games against interstate teams at Docklands and home gaming only those clubs that can't pull a crowd at Docklands.
Why would it upset 'reserved seat holders' to play games at the MCG?

If the Club is drawn to play home games at the MCG then I'm sure the CLub will allocate reserved seats to those members who have PAID for them, just like they do at the Dome.

As for sitting indoors, in the pouring rain I would much prefer to be at the MCG with 40-50,000 fellow fans than sitting at the Dome with the roof closed. :roll:

In all our games over the years against Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood at the Dome(home or away) has there ever been a crowd over 50,000? I don't believe so.

Maybe if Saints fans knew that the only way they could get to see us play was to purchase a membership & reserved seat package we'd have larger crowds and a better financial position?
Wouldn't upset me if they moved our games to the Junction Oval and put us in the reserved seat section there.....

As long as I had a seat, Couldn't care less.

Just wana see the boys win!!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mondays are worse than Sunday twilight-
Saturday twilight would be ok

Thursdays much better than Mondays- easier to take it quiet on a firday then to have to back up on a Tuesday after struggling to get to a 7.20 Monday game........................ travel wise is a nighmare from anywhere but the city centre.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think we will get the Monday, that's from the vibe the club gave us after we were part of the experiment.

I don't really mind, if it's just the one....

mustangjack
Club Player

you guys live in the twilight zone please give me sat arvo any where

ace
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote: The facts remain:

He mentioned us; and

He mentioned us 1st on that list;

These are monumental steps as far as our club is concerned, ALL OF THEM BEING POSITIVE !!
No just means he hates St Kilda and the saints being on top of the ladder makes him remember that even more.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

************* BUMP ******************

It is rumoured that Ch 7, Ch 10 & FoxSports have got their heads together with the AFL and come up with a plan A & a plan B for the 2010 FIXture. This also takes into account AFL and some clubs contractual situations. I believe the AFL is more than a little concerned that this is "VERY CLOSE" to the finished product and that it will be leaked over the next few weeks.

If anyone has "Friends in High Places" at 7, 10 or Fox you might be able to sniff something out !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

and to add to easterns post.....
tell the bastards to stop playing the same bloody match on FTA and FOX at the same time.
if its on tv what is the bloody point in paying for fox sports when i can get the game free AT EXACTLY THE SAME TIME on FTA

friggin nuffies
hijack rant over :D

St Michele
Club Player

I hope we get no monday games because here in the west they don't have them on till 8.30pm too late especially if you have young kids.
I will be listening to it live on the radio if that happens.

Michele

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WHY WHY WHY don't Sunday Twilight games start at 4.10pm???

With the early Foxtel game starting at 1.10pm AEST and finishing between 3.40pm and 3.55pm, Sunday Twilight can start 30 minutes earlier.

This would give a finish time of approx 6.45pm, which helps a lot as far as kids/work the next day is concerned.

Come on AFL, give it a go.....let Foxtel go back-to-back on Sunday's and give the fans a slightly more user-friendly timeslot!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Only certainty, the filth 18 games in Victoria, one game in Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, well spaced apart.
Other certainty, they will still be ordinary.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I reckon the recent statements that the AFL have paid too much attention to Club requests and not enough to the "big picture" will hopefully mean the end of us playing ES away games against Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton. Its this that has prevented more MCG games for us.

The current standoff between the AFL and ES wont do the chances of these games being at the G any harm either :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor