Now that a top 2 spot is all but ours.......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Historical precedent means stuff-all, so what's the lesson?

What has the '05 prelim got to do with the '09 Saints?

Did the Swans rest players and the Saints didn't?

To quote Ross Lyon:
If we improve and our effort is strong regardless of the scoreboard we walk away knowing that when we review it we’re in a pretty good state. The wins and losses are a by-product. Our aim is to try to bank four points and we don’t feel we’ve got anything sewn up yet.
You practice mediocrity and you practice it often, pretty soon you find yourself slipping down the ladder.
That's the winning argument for me.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Nick wrote:Most people on here have a short memory. Do you remember the 05 prelim against the Swans? We ran out of legs in that last quarter and got over-run.
we are alot fitter then 2005.

how about looking at what the bulldogs did when they knew that had 3rd place sewn up last year?

they lost a number of games

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Do we have to have two threads on the same topic?

Sounds as though Nexus Nick has found a way back on to the forum.

Please mods can you deal with this bloke.

It is the same over and over and over. Definition of trolling isn't it?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Nick wrote:Most people on here have a short memory. Do you remember the 05 prelim against the Swans? We ran out of legs in that last quarter and got over-run.
didn't we run out of fit players? a couple of players played who were in our best side when fit, but who weren't fit enough. that's different to running out of legs, i think.

Country Kid
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
didn't we run out of fit players? a couple of players played who were in our best side when fit, but who weren't fit enough. that's different to running out of legs, i think.
I think two blokes named Schneider, kicking some last qtr goals and Dempster nullifying Dal in the 2nd half may have contibuted to our demise also.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

From memory we didn't bring in a couple of players for this game. I'm sure one was Aaron Hamill, can't recall who the other was but they were RESTED for the Grand Final.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
Nick
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Do we have to have two threads on the same topic?

Sounds as though Nexus Nick has found a way back on to the forum.

Please mods can you deal with this bloke.

It is the same over and over and over. Definition of trolling isn't it?
It looks like Ross Lyon agrees with me. He has rested 3 players in the last 2 weeks. :idea: :D

No signature
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

You incessant troll.

Resurrecting one thread to peddle your lame argument wasn't enough? You had to bring both back.

Fail.

Nick
Club Player

InkerSaint wrote:You incessant troll.

Resurrecting one thread to peddle your lame argument wasn't enough? You had to bring both back.

Fail.
I'm not a troll thank you very much. I am a proud and passionate supporter who wants to see St kilda win a premiership.

No signature
matrix
Saintsational Legend

as long as we rest someone weekly

Nick
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:as long as we rest someone weekly
If we can rest someone weekly and keep winning, then YES.

If I had a say, this week I would rest Lenny Hayes and Blake and bring in MaGuire and Armitage.

No signature
HarveysDeciple

already a thread on this by same poster.