Brownlow Betting

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Brownlow Betting

Gary Ablett 2.80
Chris Judd 3.50
Dane Swan 4.00
Leigh Montagna 8.00
Nick Dal Santo 9.00
Adam Goodes 10.00
Alan Didak 11.00
Brendon Goddard 12.00
Nick Riewoldt 15.00
Simon Black 17.00
We have 4 players in the top 10 for Brownlow odds. How long since that has happened?

Geelong 1,Carlton 1, Collingwood 2, Sydney 1 and Lions 1
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Wed 15 Jul 2009 12:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Quixote
SS Life Member

With Lenny Hayes also around $17.00 and representing the best value of the lot.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:With Lenny Hayes also around $17.00 and representing the best value of the lot.
So in fact we have 5 filling the top ten odds positions.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:With Lenny Hayes also around $17.00 and representing the best value of the lot.
agreed
im tipping he will finish top 3

reincarnated

matrixcutter wrote:
agreed
Is Lenny as flashy and does he commandthe obvious media attention??

Reincarnated thinks not unfortunately

aussiejones
Club Player

Too many good StKilda players for a Saint to win.

asiu

living with a woodies member when i'm in melbourne , all i hear about is dane bloody swan

bout a month ago 'they' started putting big money on him

any idea how his odds have tightened over the last month ?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Collingwood players have had a great 7 weeks.....but what about the first few rounds? I think Saints players have been far more consistent, the only trouble is that they will all take votes of each other.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Too many good StKilda players for a Saint to win.
Bartel did it with Ablett and Selwood finishing in the to 5. With the distinct possibility of us winning more than 18 games this year and with the majority of them being fairly sizeable wins, we will probably poll a record number of votes for our club, I can see 2 or 3 of our players finishing with more than 18 votes

mick13
Club Player

Chucked a 5fa on Goddard when he was at $501 odds. Dont think he'll win it, but wouldn't mind the $500 ill get for putting $3 on a place...

Spose the umps do hate him though.

Dal's ya best bet, he catches the umps eyes more than anyone. Lenny doesn't poll that well, everyone thought he was a chance but he didnt get close in 04? (Disregarding the fact he was suspended)

Batnoe

Depends on how you look at it.

we have played 15 games, with 6 votes in total per game

that is 90 votes for the whole season to date available to the saints.

We have won all 15 matches so you would imagine we would steal most of the votes (about 75 votes)

We have had a lot of good players all year but only about 6 very flashy and consistant players. So i would say about 20 votes have been given to 20 players and the other 55 to the last remaining 6 in the top 20

So
Joey
Dal
Rooy
Goddard
Hayes
Gilbert
And even Kosi will have the most votes so out of 55 votes they would average 8 each. You would imagine that a single player could have upwards of 18 votes to date and another one of those players may only have 1 or 2. So there is a chance that we can get a few votes.

Remember when Bartel got his he had a great team and still go it and was never very flashy. Same with Simon Black. The Brownlow generally goes to a team that has a good year.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Depends on how you look at it.

we have played 15 games, with 6 votes in total per game

that is 90 votes for the whole season to date available to the saints.

We have won all 15 matches so you would imagine we would steal most of the votes (about 75 votes)

We have had a lot of good players all year but only about 6 very flashy and consistant players. So i would say about 20 votes have been given to 20 players and the other 55 to the last remaining 6 in the top 20

So
Joey
Dal
Rooy
Goddard
Hayes
Gilbert
And even Kosi will have the most votes so out of 55 votes they would average 8 each. You would imagine that a single player could have upwards of 18 votes to date and another one of those players may only have 1 or 2. So there is a chance that we can get a few votes.

Remember when Bartel got his he had a great team and still go it and was never very flashy. Same with Simon Black. The Brownlow generally goes to a team that has a good year.
Unfortunately I think too many of the above have taken votes of Raph and coupled with his injuries, will make it tough for him to take home Charlie. His disappointment will hopefully be eased by a Premiership Medal.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Unfortunately I think too many of the above have taken votes of Raph and coupled with his injuries, will make it tough for him to take home Charlie. His disappointment will hopefully be eased by a Premiership Medal.
With that premiership medal, instead of charlie, make it the Norm Smith medal :) :D

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Couldnt care about the Brownlow this year because it is all about the premiership but I would love to know how players take votes off each other. If you are best arent you best and if you sre second best arent you second best.We will get the majority of the 6 votes given in a game so that will help all our players.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Keep Simon Black safe.

undecided
Club Player

reincarnated wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
agreed

you sir are a tool. Lenny always polls well in the brownlow and usually gets the more then any other saints player

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

undecided wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
agreed

you sir are a tool. Lenny always polls well in the brownlow and usually gets the more then any other saints player
He is up there in the coaches votes, as is Roo and Dal, is this usually a good indication?