The Fox Report - R14

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Fox Report - R14

barks4eva wrote:
rodgerfox wrote: Michael Gardinerwe had one ruckman who kicked 4 and took a few big grabs around the ground. Stand vindicated GT!
Vindicated, excuse me, hardly, Thomas said he would not have touched Gardiner with a 10 foot pole!

The only thing vindicated is Ross Lyon's decision to draft him, stick with him and his belief in him!

How good it is to have a real McCoy coach, finally!
GT on ruckman:

* Would not have recruited either King or Gardiner.
* Would most likely have continued to have ruined the careers of two players by playing them out of position:

*****Kosi is a key forward
******Blake is good backman and handy utility

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

I must say though, I'm a bit surprised at the absolute adulation from the Saints fans at the moment. Maybe it's just me, but I won't be at all happy with this season, regardless if we won 14 in a row and beat the Cats in a Blockbuster - if we don't win the flag.
Infact I'll forget about the 'great start to the year' very, very quickly if we don't win it all in September.

How many teams have won every H&A game?

If the Saints pull it off it will impress everyone bar one.

Now a flag this year would be the ultimate. And like all I hunger for a flag. But if a flag was my only inspiration I would not be attending games week in, week out, and will continue to do so till the day I die, or I would not be here on this forum

What I want of the Saints is to go into a game and give their best. They have done this 14 times so far this year and so I am pleased.

Why else am I happy?

Because win, loose or draw in the finals this year Lyon and co has put the Saints in a very competitive position for many years.

Most of our "holes" have been filled....with that medium forward being the last position (but no team is perfect and all have their flaws). But even then we have some possible for the future in Lynch, Allan and Heyne.

Our rucks which have been tail of woe since G"Vindicate my arse" T showed Everitt the door are now a strength. king and Gardi are going well...and McEvoy is showing that in a few years he will at least be a serviceable ruckman. Stanley excites...and MaGrath may surprise.

Milney has a bit to go yet...but Choo Choo could well replace him, along with Steven.

I was fearing Max retiring...but can now rest easy that Zac has been found and is blossoming.

Mini's career has been resurrected to the extent that he is keeping the young Armo out. Take a peak at Minis tackle count and goal assist tally and smile.

Schneider has many years left as well.

A bunch of rookies have added depth and quality.

The much vilified CJ has become the competitions No1 tagger and has beaten all bat Ablett...and even Ablett only just had the edge on him rather than his normal barnstorming.

All of this and a lot lot more adds up to me being happy...and reason to be happy in watching a very good Saints team for the next several years.

Whether it is this year or in the next few I rate the Saints as an excellent chance to snag a flag.

claystreet
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Real Good!!

8-)

Shaggy
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
rodgerfox wrote: Michael Gardinerwe had one ruckman who kicked 4 and took a few big grabs around the ground. Stand vindicated GT!
Vindicated, excuse me, hardly, Thomas said he would not have touched Gardiner with a 10 foot pole!

The only thing vindicated is Ross Lyon's decision to draft him, stick with him and his belief in him!

You must be joking.

RL culled Rixy just when he was getting good to fit in the likes of MG and King.

I have no doubt Rixy would have taken the mark at FF from the perfect pass from Ball. Rixy would have also taken the mark on the wing in the final moments ... with a bit more experience which he was deprived of under RL.

Only real difference I see is MG took the easy way out and kicked backwards at the expense of our percentage. Rixy would have understood the importance of percentage ... seen the Geelong backs were all up the ground ... and rather than unselfishly hand pass off to get his team mates stats up which he liked to do he would simply have gone back and unloaded and rolled the ball through the goals from 100 meters out.

A 12 point victory over a 6 point victory could be crucial at end of year as we all know when teams are 14-zip.

MG may have got mark of the year at a critical time but Rixy could have got mark and goal of the year at a critical time if RL had the balls to develop him. Its a disgrace :evil: :evil: :wink: :wink: :D

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

correct.

“Yeah….nah””
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:How many teams have won every H&A game?

Now a flag this year would be the ultimate. And like all I hunger for a flag. But if a flag was my only inspiration I would not be attending games week in, week out, and will continue to do so till the day I die, or I would not be here on this forum

What I want of the Saints is to go into a game and give their best. They have done this 14 times so far this year and so I am pleased.
this is such crap.

if we win every home and away game and yet fail to win the big one, none of us will ever be able to show our faces on bigfooty ever again.

the perception st kilda are trying to address is that we're chokers, that something always goes wrong. if we win 24 but don't win the grand final it will be yet more evidence that something about the club is jinxed and that we'll never win a flag.

i want st kilda to be taken seriously which means we have to win a premiership. simple as that.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

this is such crap.

if we win every home and away game and yet fail to win the big one, none of us will ever be able to show our faces on bigfooty ever again.

the perception st kilda are trying to address is that we're chokers, that something always goes wrong. if we win 24 but don't win the grand final it will be yet more evidence that something about the club is jinxed and that we'll never win a flag.

i want st kilda to be taken seriously which means we have to win a premiership. simple as that.
I dont care about stupid big footy but i must say I totally agree. We have come this far but it will now amount to nothing if we dont win a flag. Of course I wouldnt stop following them or do anything stupid but we have given ourselves the best chance we have ever had so we must take it. That is why we must win our last game we play this year. Who cares if we win 15 in a row or 22 in a row there is only one game that matters when you are 14 nil.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I'm enjoying this season very much, and when the finals come I intend to enjoy them too... really hope we win then, and every week... that is all.

If it's not fun then what's the point?... as saint66au said, lighten up, it's just footy.

kaos theory
Club Player

Welecome back Roger.....that is, if you have actually been away...
:lol:

Now on to the stupid comments:

I don't get these comments (by Roger and some others), such as: "we have achieved nothing if we win every game and don't win the flag...etc"

Really? No sh!t Einsteins...

So what do you all suggest? Maybe we should deliberately try to lose about 3 or 4 games? Is that the formula to how we win a flag?

FFS, just enjoy the victories when the come and the spectacular season we are having so far. What is wrong with that? I couldn't give a **** what knob jockeys at big footy think.

We are currently doing something no other saints side has done before, enjoy it. And stop giving us that BS attitude that you have higher expectations than other saints fans. We ALL want a flag. FFS, I don't know of any saints’ supporter that is content with just winning games and never winning a flag.

There are NO guarantees for flags, there is no full proof formula...the cats should have won the flag in a canter last yr, but look what happened.

We just face every week as it come, try to win, learn from it, and on to the next….and that’s all we can do to prepare ourselves for hopefully winning the ultimate prize…

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

this is such crap.

Interesting...so YOUR enjoyment of football and the Saints is solely based on the perceptions of others rather than your own self?

Sad really.

And WTF cares about BigFooty????????

Personally I will continue to enjoy each week of this season irrespective of what happens in the finals....and so far this season has been great fun anda delight to at least to me.

Who cannot great pleasure in CJ's great games asa tagger....or Gilbert across HB....Gardi's comebacks..........and not to mention seeing the Cats bleed so much about a game prior that they said did not matter that both Ablett and Scarlett were both in dejection post-game. = GOLD.

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

No team is perfect, no game is played perfectly.
Bagging Monty - hmmmmm. Not needed.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
bergholt wrote:

this is such crap.

Interesting...so YOUR enjoyment of football and the Saints is solely based on the perceptions of others rather than your own self?

Sad really.

And WTF cares about BigFooty????????

Personally I will continue to enjoy each week of this season irrespective of what happens in the finals....and so far this season has been great fun anda delight to at least to me.

Who cannot great pleasure in CJ's great games asa tagger....or Gilbert across HB....Gardi's comebacks..........and not to mention seeing the Cats bleed so much about a game prior that they said did not matter that both Ablett and Scarlett were both in dejection post-game. = GOLD.
Totally disagree SrR, much like a few others.

I enjoy each and every week in direct relation to winning the premiership, or to a more realistic goal of making finals to at least be in with a chance.

Call me greedy, but individual games come and go - the only thing make keeps me coming each week is the goal of a premiership....We always settle for mediocrity at the saints which is a shame.

And trust me - Winning 22 H&A will not be seen as an achievement if we dont win the flag - History will show failure, and probably the biggest ever.

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:

this is such crap.

I dont care about stupid big footy but i must say I totally agree. We have come this far but it will now amount to nothing if we dont win a flag. Of course I wouldnt stop following them or do anything stupid but we have given ourselves the best chance we have ever had so we must take it. That is why we must win our last game we play this year. Who cares if we win 15 in a row or 22 in a row there is only one game that matters when you are 14 nil.
Reincarnated goes on public record stating that anything apart from a premiership is a failure this season. We are in a position to sure up our future on field and off and nothing less than finishing first will be successful

Rodger/Stool/SP2008 why do we need to play kids? If our best players are not 'sexy' (media form of sexy not...) 18 year olds why do they deserve a game considering we are doing so well thus far?

Premiership teams are not chock full of 18 year olds, historically they are a strong grouping of 24-27 year olds

Keep up the good work

ace
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
saintly wrote:from what i understand we won't get much chance in the rookie draft as GC 17 have the best picks this year.
GC have no picks at all this year. Not one.
Are you sure????

My understanding is that saintly is dead read. GC have the best picks in the rookie draft this year.

And then next year they get picks 1,2,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 from memory in the national draft. Followed by the first pick of each round after that

Spot on

Gold Coast Meter Maids get the first 5 priority picks in the rookie draft at the end of this year and then all those priority picks in the national draft at the end of next year.
Also this year they get to sign up 12 kids between 17.67 and 18.00 (age at end of December).
These 12 guys would otherwise have waited until next years national draft.
Then they get 3 NT zone picks next year, plus 5 Queensland zone picks next year and the following 2 years.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bungiton
SS Life Member

cant stand the crap about how Chappy had such a great game, ok he got 40 possessions whoopy farking doooo!!

In the first quarter Sammy Fisher had about 14 disposals played a part in stting up most of our initial five goals even kicked one himself, who was his direct opponent during the first half od the first quarter??? some little arrogant bald prick with an over inflated opinion on himself and a penchant for making sweeping statements to the press thats who!!

Yeah Chappy had a great game- for us!! If he wasn't so slack to and actually paid any attention to his direct opponent we might not have got the brilliant head start we did. And in Geelongs case stats are just crap anyway, how many of them get thirty odd stats every week with dinky little 50cm backward handballs?!

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.