Joey on The Footy Show

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Nattens
Club Player

battye wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Thought he did well, good sense of humour. At least we know how to say his surname now.
How? It isn't Mon-tan-ya?
He likes MON-TAG-NA apparently.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote: 3 players thisyear- no losses, i like your theory

And by the waw, newman is hilarious, makes it interesting. What would that show offer without him?
Each to their own. Newman is about as funny as dog sh*t. A botoxed, plastic surgeried fool who thinks he's somebody important. The Footy Show is poopulated by a bunch of cardboard cut-out caricatures who think they're someone because of the brainless 'celebrity' they and channel 9 have created for themselves. Absolute garbage. Avoid at all costs.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:

And by the waw, newman is hilarious, makes it interesting. What would that show offer without him?
Each to their own. Newman is about as funny as dog sh*t. A botoxed, plastic surgeried fool who thinks he's somebody important. The Footy Show is poopulated by a bunch of cardboard cut-out caricatures who think they're someone because of the brainless 'celebrity' they and channel 9 have created for themselves. Absolute garbage. Avoid at all costs.
Like him or not, he has made a cool fortune out of your above mentioned persona...

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:.... he has made a cool fortune out of your above mentioned persona...
...then lost it, then made it again, then lost it, then......

He decided when he was 30 to grow old disgracefully, his only real success after footy.

Someone should direct Leigh to a good taylor or at least someone who can find a shirt that fits him. Perhaps he could visit the Van Heusen multiple fit shirt section at DJs.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The footy show caters for the lowest common denominator or simply the footy starved public that has no where else to turn, we all know that but I have to admit the criticism of Newman is a tad unwarranted.
The guy has made himself look presentable for the box and along with his quirky , sometimes ridiculous personality, is making a decent quid out of it , good on him.
Without him the Show would be totally unwatchable if it is in the first place.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Hate when our players are on the footy show. We always lose after that.
Yeh well Reincarnated just hates you
Another quality example of serious knobness.

How old are you?

Stjohn
Club Player

I'll stick with...

the way "Nonna" says it...

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:The footy show caters for the lowest common denominator or simply the footy starved public that has no where else to turn, we all know that but I have to admit the criticism of Newman is a tad unwarranted.
The guy has made himself look presentable for the box and along with his quirky , sometimes ridiculous personality, is making a decent quid out of it , good on him.
he is totally unwatchable IMO. So I don't. Prize fwit of the first and highest order. Each to their own.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Have been surprised it has taken so long for Joey to appear on the Thursday Footy Show, considering he's been a regular on the Sunday version. He was a natural and looked very comfortable last night. I hope to see him plenty more on there in the future. Next up: B Goddard, I imagine.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Hate when our players are on the footy show. We always lose after that.
I agree - I think its a distraction and breaks the routine. I liked it when the first 8 or 9 weeks we had nobody on there.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:
Well it hasn't been a problem this year with appearances so far from Riewoldt, Ball and Dal Santo. :)
i was just about to say that

Young Georgie
Club Player

The funniest thing about John 'I don't get how Bazza can't control his temper' Newman and last night's Footy Show was that according to SEN John the Hypocrite is being investigated for a road rage incident in Middle Park this morning where it is alleged by the radio station that Holier Than Thou Sam damaged another vehicle. Whatever...the guy's a complete tosser!

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
Beej
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:
Well it hasn't been a problem this year with appearances so far from Riewoldt, Ball and Dal Santo. :)
I think you will find that plugger66 was being sarcastic, as per usual. :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
saintly wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:
No never. :wink:

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
OLB wrote:
saintly wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:
No never. :wink:
This time he isn't being sarcastic....

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
The Fireman wrote:The footy show caters for the lowest common denominator or simply the footy starved public that has no where else to turn, we all know that but I have to admit the criticism of Newman is a tad unwarranted.
he is totally unwatchable IMO. So I don't. Prize fwit of the first and highest order. Each to their own.
Correct , I find the show unwatchable , so you agree with me.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:

good post sb.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Apparently the disgrace that is Sam Newman has been charged over a road rage incident this morning.

What is it with these nobody radio and TV celebrities? First it's Rex, now Noman, not to mention Harry.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Like him or not, he has made a cool fortune out of your above mentioned persona...
Oh of course. Being a complete and utter rude, arrogant, belittling tool is fine if you can make money out of it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The guy needs to be seriously dumped on his arse :

The Age 10 July

Controversial TV personality Sam Newman has been interviewed by police over an alleged road-rage incident in Middle Park this morning.

The former Geelong ruckman, who appears on Channel Nine's The Footy Show, left South Melbourne police station a short time ago after being questioned over the incident, which allegedly occurred about 9.15am in Armstrong Street.

A police spokeswoman confirmed a 63-year-old Docklands man was interviewed by police over alleged criminal damage and later released pending summons.

A smiling Newman walked from the station and left in a Clubsport Commodore with another man.

"No, I can't tell you anything," Newman told reporters. "I just can't make any comment at this stage.

"I appreciate you asking but I can't make any comment."

Newman has never been a stranger to controversy, his Footy Show antics regularly coming under criticism and scrutiny.

The Government's TV regulator found Newman guilty of breaching the industry code of practice for a stunt in April last year involving a mannequin dressed in lingerie to represent Age journalist Caroline Wilson.

The Australian Communications and Media Authority found that Newman ridiculed Wilson when he dressed a mannequin in lace lingerie.

The regulator found: "The segment made use of, as a central focus, a female mannequin dressed in lace lingerie which the audience was asked to pretend was the journalist concerned. Several comments were made about the journalist's appearance, and at one point a photograph was stapled to the mannequin's head.

"The broadcast was likely, in all the circumstances, to have provoked severe ridicule against the journalist on the grounds of gender."

Last year was particularly tumultuous for the former Geelong ruckman, who had undergone surgery for prostate cancer in March 2008.

Late last year, Newman, 63, signed a $3 million, three-year deal to stay with The Footy Show.