Geary??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:I just can't believe each and every week posters on here "target" a player or two and want changes each and every week...

It really amazes me...

So just who the week after....

McEvoy....

It's a wonder some have started that now... :roll:
I reckon not so much "targeting", just fuel for discussion without any malice really. Or else, how do you really have a debate?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:I just can't believe each and every week posters on here "target" a player or two and want changes each and every week...

It really amazes me...

So just who the week after....

McEvoy....

It's a wonder some have started that now... :roll:
I reckon not so much "targeting", just fuel for discussion without any malice really. Or else, how do you really have a debate?
Fair enough, but I think each and every week posters have called for a change and in most cases it has not happened.

Geary has played two poor games in three weeks and he is the next one on the chopping block...

It really just gets so repetitive

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
undecided
Club Player

When I was listening to the radio during he game they said there were looking at the top of his head, maybe he had a slight concusion or something. And to be fair he has been playing more defensive roles in the last few weeks

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think Geary needs a rest.

I love him, IMO he'll be a star of the future but his form has been down a tad over the last month...

would like to see Eddy or Armo get a go

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:I think Geary needs a rest.

I love him, IMO he'll be a star of the future but his form has been down a tad over the last month...

Armo will not play this week. Eddy would be a chance as would Dempster but I still think he will get one more game.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Start playing Dempster now...we'll need him fit and firing come the finals...Geary was great gainst the Tigers...but that is a team full of kids younger than him. I'm a big fan of Geary...but when your playing Gorillas, you need some grunt of your own...Dempster to Chapman.

Nee!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Armo will not play this week. Eddy would be a chance as would Dempster but I still think he will get one more game.
Gee I have agreed with you for the second time...

I just get fed up with posters each and every week wanting changes to our side...

http://superstats.heraldsun.com.au/profile/260113.html

He does not deserved to be dropped on that performance considering his previous game, but I agree that he needs to improve from his last game.

The same goes with King he has missed 5 weeks of football and I hope posters here don't expect him to just waltz in and get a game...

At his age being rushed in would risk a hammy IMO...

He needs match fitness and should not enter the ones first up IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I'd be less enthusiastic about Dempster for Raph, with Geary keeping his place: too many taggers, not enough runners for mine.
that's where we need to be wary.

i'm a bit of a fan of like-for-like replacements this season since we are obviously doing a lot of things right as far as structure and balance are concerned.

you wouldn't want all taggers or all runners.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 06 Jul 2009 10:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I just get fed up with posters each and every week wanting changes to our side...

He does not deserved to be dropped on that performance considering his previous game, but I agree that he needs to improve from his last game.

The same goes with King he has missed 5 weeks of football and I hope posters here don't expect him to just waltz in and get a game...

When was the first. I will add you to my list of people who have agreed with me twice if you can prove it. Very short list at the moment.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Great win but a few found out...

quote]Yep they will drop Ball for sure. May even drop Milne as he didnt do much either. Also by dropping Ball we lose a midfeilder. That should help us in our structure.[/quote]

Is not a matter of dropping ball but to give him a week or two rest. In any event I think his output this year is way below where he should be and he is our most over rated under performing player (again injury has cruelled this kid)....

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Legendary
Club Player

Re: Great win but a few found out...

WinnersOnly wrote: Is not a matter of dropping ball but to give him a week or two rest. In any event I think his output this year is way below where he should be and he is our most over rated under performing player (again injury has cruelled this kid)....
Why under performing ... he is top 3 at St Kilda in contested possessions, tackles and clearances? And top 5 in the AFL (as of a couple of weeks ago when I looked at the stat) in clearances?

His job is to be in and under and win the footy and tackle. He does not run wide or run forward ... but because he stays down the bottom of the pack at every contest, Montagna and Dal Santo can get the footy and carry it.

Ball sacrifices "glamorous" performances for the sake of the team, and we are winning games because of it.

I reckon he's had a really good year. He's just playing a role that means he isn't going to rack up huge numbers or stand out when you watch the game.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

that was balls best game since the hawks game last year, gut running at it's best. Enjoying him and dal playing forward

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

When was the first. I will add you to my list of people who have agreed with me twice if you can prove it. Very short list at the moment.
lol

It was about a poster absolutely negating Eddy as a possibility for inclusion for last week

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

lol

It was about a poster absolutely negating Eddy as a possibility for inclusion for last week
I can add you.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

howlinwolf wrote:I'm certainly not looking for blood each week. I want THE very best team we can field come finals time.
Right with you there. There's nothing wrong with making the odd change, even when winning. Two weeks ago Collingwood left 3 blokes out of their team from the week before (plus one injury), after having won 4 in a row, to "keep the pressure on the team" (or words to that effect) and what was the result? They won by over 80 points and then thrashed Essendon on Friday night.
If there's a move/moves that will make the side stronger and better, it needs to be made.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

TassieJones wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: Yes, he did have a bad game and the week before he had 22 disposals and laid 6 tackles....

Are you one one of these posters that if a player has a bad game they should be dropped immediately ????

Geary spent just 55% of game time...

and some posters want him dropped ....

It's the same every week, posters on here want changes every week
he's had 3 bad games out of the past 4 mate. surely you can see he's wearing out? the bloke's only just turned 21, we can't expect him to keep his intensity up for a whole season and it's beginning to show pretty blatantly.
3 bad games out of the last four???
sure about that?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

TassieJones wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: Yes, he did have a bad game and the week before he had 22 disposals and laid 6 tackles....

Are you one one of these posters that if a player has a bad game they should be dropped immediately ????

he's had 3 bad games out of the past 4 mate. surely you can see he's wearing out? the bloke's only just turned 21, we can't expect him to keep his intensity up for a whole season and it's beginning to show pretty blatantly.
and please tell me that why "it beginning to show pretty blatantly that he cannot keep up the intensity" when he had 22 possessions and 6 tackles the week before?

Fair Dinkum, each and every week, posters come on here and want change .....

It really is becoming anal

Milton66
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
TassieJones wrote:

and please tell me that why "it beginning to show pretty blatantly that he cannot keep up the intensity" when he had 22 possessions and 6 tackles the week before?

Ain't that the truth.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Fair Dinkum, each and every week, posters come on here and want change .....

there's gonna be changes at some point in the next ten weeks, either after our first loss, or after injuries start to surface.

it'd be nice to have more than 26 players who've tasted afl footy at that point.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
TassieJones wrote:

And yet you obviously keep reading it "each and every week". Do you like anal?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.