an astronomical analogy in support of our unsung heroes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

an astronomical analogy in support of our unsung heroes

If I can make an astronomical analogy.

looking past the obvious stars ..
there's more dark matter in space than there is actual visible matter.

similarly ..
We have players that have been gathering "dark matter" invisible stats not appearing next to their names who are unsung heroes and making all the difference.

like McQualter who goes head first into packs.

is there a stat for that ? ... yet it's this invisible "dark matter" that matters at the end and has elevated St kilda.

I can't believe that some players get criticised for not gathering 20 disposals on a weekly basis - when they have been so important in the overall game plan of applying ferocious pressure and causing turnovers and when they put their necks on the line week in week out.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The stars and planets have aligned..McQaulter has been one of our most important yet invisible players, and has what many haven't got..footy smarts. I thought Gwilt was also on the invisible footy smarts list ..but RL must have thought otherwise, though I think Gwilt will return when Mercury moves into Saturn's orbit.

yipper
SS Life Member

I had Mini as one of the best on ground at Half time in my footy record. He was simply outstanding in what he was doing. Not only in fierce pressure he was applying, but also in his very smart play in dragging key defenders away from our forward line - giving the twin towers room to move.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Thomas
Club Player

If last year someone would have said that he would be playing with such ferocity (almost Hamill style) would you have believed it?

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.