Contested Marks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Contested Marks

One of the bi-products of the close checking, ferocious tackling, high pressure game this week was some of the most incredible contested marks I have seen at the footy for some time. Gards took 3 rippers, Kosi and Roo, and Jimmy Bartel, is this guy the best medium sized overhead mark the game has seen?? That mark he took when he crashed into Harley was unbelievable, and he didn't even fumble it after he got belted.

This was football played at its very best, still get goose bumps thinking about it!!

yipper
SS Life Member

Yep, nothing wrong with footy when you watch a game like yesterdays. It was a classic. Some magnificent footy played by both teams through the game. The umpiring never reached anywhere near the same standard unfortunately. But the pressure of the game brought out the old-fashioned contests all over the ground. The big pack splitting marks, the courageous marks (don't forget our captain's in the 1st Q running back with the flight) and gut running by both sides was just frenetic. Magnificent game of footy played in front of a record breaking crowd and the saints came out of it 14-0. Just a superb occasion.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
James
Club Player

Gilbert took heaps of massive grabs in the last line of defense.

Brendon Goddard - 2012 Premiership Captain